Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] G Jack Campbell signs with the Oilers (5 years, $5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I don't think anyone could have known he'd be this bad. He put up three straight seasons of .914+, Edmonton's D is worse but uh not that much worse.
This bad I agree with, but he had a huge dip last year and it has carried over from there.

I told oiler fans that if he could shake his mental demons he’d be a beast for them but so far it hasn’t happened.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I don't think anyone could have known he'd be this bad. He put up three straight seasons of .914+, Edmonton's D is worse but uh not that much worse.

Uhh Leafs fans could but y'all thought we were being salty

Good luck Soup. Outstanding person.

That said, this contract is abhorrent and I am glad it was not us to signed it. He's a backup at best. Oilers fans will learn.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Great human, unfortunately not a great goalie. I predict he will go on a tear for the month of January and it will help his numbers out a bit.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He does seem like a really great guy and as bad as the Oilers have been defensively, and they have been as bad as at any point I can remember, he still never seems set in his net and his side to side movement is pretty bad. It is definitely concerning. He has looked like a minor league level goalie for the most part this season.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
He does seem like a really great guy and as bad as the Oilers have been defensively, and they have been as bad as at any point I can remember, he still never seems set in his net and his side to side movement is pretty bad. It is definitely concerning. He has looked like a minor league level goalie for the most part this season.
He reminds me of Dell with the way he plays . He is too busy, he never really looks set and square to the shooter . He over plays shots and has too much movement. To me it looks like he is overplaying every shot .

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He reminds me of Dell with the way he plays . He is too busy, he never really looks set and square to the shooter . He over plays shots and has too much movement. To me it looks like he is overplaying every shot .
Definitely agree. Hopefully he can settle down.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Jack Campbell's biggest problem is he plays behind that blueline. He's already starting to show signs of rubber poisoning and PTSD.

Toronto was second in expected goal and played really well defensivly to protect Campbell weakness.

Campbell in 13 game 39.39 expected goal
Skinner in 12 game, expected goal 39 13

Goal allowed
Campbell 50.56
Skinner 33.61

Its 17 goal of difference in only 12-13 gm!!! With the same team, same players...its 1bad goal over he should allowed every game and its the same exact jack Campbell we saw since dec 1 to game 7 against tampa... Nothing new

Campbell is a poor starting goalie who played in a great defensive team and made him look better than what he is in reality like carolina did with nedeljkovic or colorado with grubauer

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if a day could come when Cal Petersen to Edmonton for Jack Campbell would make sense.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I don't think we can judge Campbell after just 8 games. FFS guys. How about the team plays a bit better defensively in front of him and stops allowing opponents 40+ shots a game.

Just a thought.
Its not about 8 game, its about his last 51 game played ( since dec 1)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He can still get hot like he did in November last year where I thought he was the best goalie in the league LOL. Overall, I don't have any animosity towards the Oil or their fans. I think it can only go up from here for Campbell, and I really do hope he turns it around and the Oilers make the playoffs.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You could have had Georgiev, but you know, we were told he's barely a backup goalie and not better than anything you currently already have.

All joking aside, Campbell was one of the worst goalies in the league the second half of last season. Was this outcome not predictable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille