ECQF Game 2: Pittsburgh (2) vs Philadelphia (3) 7PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Our powerplay has been absolute ass this game. I'm so sure Hornqvist would risk a concussion just to watch his teammates aimlessly pass the puck around for 2 minutes.

Reactions: PensandCaps

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
I think the dive is the right call but I don’t agree that it’s offsetting.

Why the hell shouldn't it be offsetting? How are you going to call 2 penalties or a 5 on the flyer's player for that? If the Pens wanted a "PP" out of that maybe Horn should have not embellished after the fact? His fault.

StumbleBum7

Dec 7, 2009
Pennsylvania
how? thats a clean hockey play he forced the offsides and played until play was dead. cant risk it got to finish the play. and im a flyers fan. you guys want any little hit taken out of the game. NHL has clearly worked their magic over the last 5 years and now no one wants physical stuff... pathetic

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
How do you embellish a hit while being turned the other way around and getting slammed into the boards? :dunno: :help:

idk on the Philly feed they showed a nice angle and at different speeds. Hq was cross checked and would have naturally fell to his knees just short of the boards. He propelled himself to make contact with the boards, and then whipped his head back as though it hit the boards / ledge, and then fully fell down.

Definitely seemed like embellishment.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Definitely an embellishment. No one bounces off the board like that. Right call was made on both.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Don't say I didn't say so.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-nbcsn-sn-tvas.2476521/page-35#post-144384805

giphy.gif

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
The "embellishment" was a terrible call, should absolutely have only been the hit from behind. Likely minimal impact on the outcome though as they were already in a deep hole.

Reactions: Lesky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad