ECQF Game 2: Pittsburgh (2) vs Philadelphia (3) 7PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta give Hakstol props on 2 adjustments:

1. Playing a really passive 1-2-2 as a default. Seemed like L3 and L4 were under strict instructions to be very conservative in pressing and, when it wasn't there, back into that 1-2-2. L2 had more leeway but seemed a little conservative. Giroux still had the green light.

2. Backing up 4 on the PK and forcing the Pens to dump.

The Flyers now are 3 wins from winning the series.

The Flyers now are 0-1 wins from Hakstol returning next year.

bauer

I WANT GOALS
Nov 11, 2007
B-b-b-b-but the Penguins don't get rattled anymore! That was six years ago!

Some things never change :laugh:

it's been awhile since i've seen a team lose their composure like that. Philly just seems to get under their skin so much.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Nice rebound all around from the Flyers. Penguins played just OK. No finish. They had plenty of chances and didn’t cash in. Maybe the series goes 7?

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
NHL writers made a couple of mistakes today. It should have been 7-0 Flyers win. But I guess in that case it could be a way too suspicious. So they made some adjustments :sarcasm:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Seriously, only the most tin-foil hat wearing fans could possibly believe a guy would launch his face into the boards to get a penalty call.

Not tin foil. Refs called it correctly so it's apparently more than tin foil. He wasn't hurt so your point is moot. He didn't launch himself into the wall and get hurt, he launched himself into the wall for a powerplay - and it backfired. I'd say it's an absurd notion if he got hurt but he clearly wasn't as he was able to stand around and bicker for 2 minutes immediately after getting up and realizing his diving backfired.

It was the right call. Plain and simple.

Reactions: Grebinator

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Funniest thing: ridiculous over confidence of Pens' fans.

Second funniest thing: Flyer's fans denigrating their coach's s call re goalie.

Befuddling thing: goalie who was run out of the game on Wednesday turns in great performance.

Meanwhile we just bombed Damascus.

Life is confusing.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
I think Pens still win this series because Elliot is jeckl and hyde. He was horrible in game 1, brilliant in this game, but will probally go back to being horrible in game 3.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Flyers deserved that one.

No one who actually watches the NHL knew this wasn't gonna be a short series.
I have to be honest as a Flyer fan after that blow out last game I thought we were in big big trouble....I am pleasantly surprised to see a solid response by Philly tonight....now I think it will indeed be a long series.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I have to be honest as a Flyer fan after that blow out last game I thought we were in big big trouble....I am pleasantly surprised to see a solid response by Philly tonight....now I think it will indeed be a long series.

Wish the rest of your crew was like you. Same way I'm embarrassed at how arrogant some Pens fans were after Wednesday.

Reactions: Devonator

bigkam

Jun 13, 2009
Not tin foil. Refs called it correctly so it's apparently more than tin foil. He wasn't hurt so your point is moot. He didn't launch himself into the wall and get hurt, he launched himself into the wall for a powerplay - and it backfired. I'd say it's an absurd notion if he got hurt but he clearly wasn't as he was able to stand around and bicker for 2 minutes immediately after getting up and realizing his diving backfired.

It was the right call. Plain and simple.

The idea that "he wasn't hurt, so he obviously launched himself into the boards on purpose" just doesn't make any sense. Even if that made any sense, he certainly RISKED injuring himself pretty badly. So, he got lucky?

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
2016-11-28t03-07-16.833z-1280x720.jpg

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Great call. What a dive. It's so rare to see refs get that right.
there may also have been some cumulative effect. Malkin dived earlier, but didn’t get called. And then right after that, 87 smashed his stick on top of opposing goal in frustration, and no call there either.

Maybe refs were over it, by the time 72 snapped his head back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->