ECQF Game 2: Pittsburgh (2) vs Philadelphia (3) 7PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, ATTSN-PT, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
kAfE07k.jpg\

Kf0J3HH.jpg

emfYmq3.jpg

4EnYEzJ.jpg

9QHktbN.jpg

Yeah... I almost forgot to do this. Ignore any typos or whatever and a mod can lock it until closer to the game.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Well Phil was pretty much the only Pens major player who didn't get involved in game 1, would love see him get on the board here.

Tunez33

Mar 29, 2013
3-1 pens, crosby with the empty netter to make it 3-1.

going to be a much closer game, need murray to continue to be playoff murray

Reactions: 99664987

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
5-1 Pittsburgh. Will probably be close early but a softee by Elliot opens the flood gates in the second.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'm not good at predicting games, just want the Penguins to win and not take any injuries.

If I were the Flyers though I'd look to get more traffic in front of Murray this game and try and get under Malkins skin to make him take dumb penalties which he is very capable of doing. From the Penguins perspective be patient dont take any unnecessary risks and let your depth win your game or if a SuperStar goes beastmode they could win it as well.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Pens lose 4-2, everyone talks about momentum going back to Philly, Flyers skill hard to handle, too much grit for the Pens, Pens D really sucks, Murray looked really shaky, Pens fans panic, all as if Game One never happened. Or, maybe not...

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
The Flyers will surely be flyin' at the opening puck drop; Pens will be playing rope-a-dope trying to "weather the storm" and avoid getting hit, leading to a few turnovers and very little puck possession. Elliot won't even be tested for several minutes. Which then leads to:

Scenario 1: Flyers throw the kitchen sink (and maybe a few sticks & elbows) against Murray and get nothing, Pens come back down the ice and Elliot lets in a softie on one of the first shots he faces. 1-0 Pens. Storm = weathered.

Scenario 2 (more likely): Pens are assigned a penalty for something rough & tough like "hooking" after seeing that elbowing, hi-sticking, boarding, charging, interference, etc. are no longer deemed to be penalties, Flyers get that early power play -- and score on it -- and things develop much more differently than they did in the opener. Storm = not weathered.

The first goal is a biggie and the ice is very likely to be tilted towards the Pens' defensive end in the early going.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I predict 6-4 or 5-3 Pens. I don't see this being a low scoring affair, and I don't expect a blowout again.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pens lose 4-2, everyone talks about momentum going back to Philly, Flyers skill hard to handle, too much grit for the Pens, Pens D really sucks, Murray looked really shaky, Pens fans panic, all as if Game One never happened. Or, maybe not...

If the Pens lose, all we'll hear from here on out is "2012 all over again".

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
If Matt Murray stays dialed in i don't see a way Philly can win this series. Because the pens will not be denied goals, lines 2 and 3 are both big mismatches.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
The Flyers have the Pens right where they want them.

The master plan is to let Pitt win the first game, give up a lot of goals against both goalies, don't score themselves, stand around like they don't care and generally look like a beer league team. Now the Pens think every game will be like that and they let up. This is where the Flyers strike and win the series 4-1.
This might be the most brilliant strategy I have ever seen.

Holding my nose and hoping for a Flyers win.

Reactions: CNote

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
kAfE07k.jpg\

Kf0J3HH.jpg

emfYmq3.jpg

4EnYEzJ.jpg

9QHktbN.jpg

Yeah... I almost forgot to do this. Ignore any typos or whatever and a mod can lock it until closer to the game.
I think your GAA for the Flyers are wrong. GAA are calculated per 60 minutes. So giving up 5 goals in 30 minutes is a GAA of 10.

Elliott's GAA is 10.32, while Mrazek's is 3.87.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad