ECQF Game 1 | Hurricanes @ Capitals | 7:30 PM | USA,SN360, TVAS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Haha, you like what you like man. Although I'd beg you to get a bottle of 14 yr Oban or 15 yr Lagavulin to get a true taste of the good stuff!
I have, believe me. I've been to many fine bourbon bars up and down the east and west coast. Come Thanksgiving or Christmas I'll get some $70 fifths. This is my "party" bourbon"...can't afford the good stuff all the time. Cheers.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
John Forslund. He’s the best. Been with the Canes since they were the Whalers. We’re all rooting for Doc to hang on as long as possible so we can keep John.
He may still do both the Canes and NBC if he's the Doc successor for the main national broadcast games.

Doc did the Devils and NBC for about 5-6 years before retiring from the Devils and doing NBC broadcasts only. And Doc was doing games for Fox back in the 90's too, while with the Devils.

It just meant that Doc had to miss some Devils games and Steve Cangialosi would do them when Doc had obligations to do a national broacast, who eventually replaced him when he retired from doing Devils games. Forslund is only 57 now, so I think he'd probably do both if he were able to, until he was at least in his mid-60's or so like Doc was when he stopped doing Devils games.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
I have, believe me. I've been to many fine bourbon bars up and down the east and west coast. Come Thanksgiving or Christmas I'll get some $70 fifths. This is my "party" bourbon"...can't afford the good stuff all the time. Cheers.
Oh aye, might be more expensive in America once it's been imported and stuff too? Gotta have some cheaper stuff to fill the gaps

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
He may still do both the Canes and NBC if he's the Doc successor for the main national broadcast games.

Doc did the Devils and NBC for about 5-6 years before retiring from the Devils and doing NBC broadcasts only. And Doc was doing games for Fox back in the 90's too, while with the Devils.

It just meant that Doc had to miss some Devils games and Steve Cangialosi would do them when Doc had obligations to do a national broacast, who eventually replaced him when he retired from doing Devils games. Forslund is only 57 now, so I think he'd probably do both if he were able to, until he was at least in his mid-60's or so like Doc was when he stopped doing Devils games.

Yep, totally agreed with all of the above. We’ve actually had to call up Jason Shaya from Charlotte to do a few games in the past few years when John has NBC obligations. Still hate the idea of losing him eventually.

With Karmanos, Francis, Wesley, Kaiton, etc. all out of the organization, Forslund is the only real original Cane at this point. To Canes fan who watch every game, he’s as synonymous with the Carolina Hurricanes as anybody. He was honored a few years ago by the team in a “John Forslund” night, and Eric Staal’s vídeo message pointed out that John was basically the “soundtrack of every big moment in his career.” To Canes fans, he’s the soundtrack to almost every moment of this franchise, and most of us would defend his honor before any player’s.

Reactions: Sigurd and Bleedred

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canes with confidence now, WATCH OUT Washington, dont Tampa Bay this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway