ECQF Game 1 | Hurricanes @ Capitals | 7:30 PM | USA,SN360, TVAS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
After ten long years, here we are. The first game of the first series of the first playoff appearance in 10 years for this bunch of jerks.

I like the "bunch of jerks" branding. If a native German or Slovakian became a hockey fan and read the Wikipedia articles of all the NHL teams, like I did as a bored high school student in the fall of 2009, then learning the Carolina Hurricanes are also known as the "Jerks", which is an English idiom for jackass, asswhole, or generally disrespectful person, is the kind of interesting thing said random Euro would remember. Like I remembered that Mario Lemieux's 199 points in 69 games or whatever was the only season that ever came close to Gretzky's untouchable 200 point seasons while not paying the slightest attention in AP Comparative Governement. Easiest class ever.

Players to watch:

Ovechkin

Bear witness. Ovechkin is one of the top 5 left wingers ever. Since 2005 teams have known how he'll score. Whacking it really hard above the left dot. And no one has figured out a way to stop him since. Can the Hurricanes top 5 defense finally stymie this Russian genius of whack-a-puck. Also he's good at Fortnite.

Backstrom

Vengeance will be claimed for the uncontrovertable crimes Backstrom has committed. When he awakens in his hospital bed, when Kuznetsov crawls into the bed, big spoon, and whispers softly, "We lost, Game 6, on a Lucas Wallmark goal"...and then realizes he can't feel his legs,..then he will have finally learned his lesson.

Holtby
b94e800911eeef737e2e9fc8d84d86f3.jpg

I once watched Holtby shutout the 'Canes, then get lit up by Charlotte a week later. Oskar Osala was very impressive that game. Drink if you immediately knew the name.

Jeff Skinner

I have it on good authority the mods will perma ban anyone who so much as mentions the name Jeff Skinner (henceforth known as **** ******) from here on out. Consider this as what may possibly be your final or penultimate or tertiary warning before this untimely fate.

Petr Mrazek

I was listening to this on the radio and dammit, the youtube doesn't do John's orgasm into the mike justice.

Lines:

go to twitter you lazy f***.

AllAlphas

Apr 29, 2013
Jeff Skinner scored 40 goals this season. That's four freakin' zero.
That's only 11 less goals than the Rocket Richard winner.
Forty...What a sniper!
40...just think about it for a bit. Wow.
And he skates like an angel...

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Yea what’s up with the anti skinner talk? The canes made it to the dance without him and you should be thrilled. The caps lost out in Forsberg...after winning a cup you think any of us give a shit now lol?

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
After ten long years, here we are. The first game of the first series of the first playoff appearance in 10 years for this bunch of jerks.

I like the "bunch of jerks" branding. If a native German or Slovakian became a hockey fan and read the Wikipedia articles of all the NHL teams, like I did as a bored high school student in the fall of 2009, then learning the Carolina Hurricanes are also known as the "Jerks", which is an English idiom for jackass, asswhole, or generally disrespectful person, is the kind of interesting thing said random Euro would remember. Like I remembered that Mario Lemieux's 199 points in 69 games or whatever was the only season that ever came close to Gretzky's untouchable 200 point seasons while not paying the slightest attention in AP Comparative Governement. Easiest class ever.

Players to watch:

Ovechkin

Bear witness. Ovechkin is one of the top 5 left wingers ever. Since 2005 teams have known how he'll score. Whacking it really hard above the left dot. And no one has figured out a way to stop him since. Can the Hurricanes top 5 defense finally stymie this Russian genius of whack-a-puck. Also he's good at Fortnite.

Backstrom

Vengeance will be claimed for the uncontrovertable crimes Backstrom has committed. When he awakens in his hospital bed, when Kuznetsov crawls into the bed, big spoon, and whispers softly, "We lost, Game 6, on a Lucas Wallmark goal"...and then realizes he can't feel his legs,..then he will have finally learned his lesson.

Holtby
b94e800911eeef737e2e9fc8d84d86f3.jpg

I once watched Holtby shutout the 'Canes, then get lit up by Charlotte a week later. Oskar Osala was very impressive that game. Drink if you immediately knew the name.

Jeff Skinner

I have it on good authority the mods will perma ban anyone who so much as mentions the name Jeff Skinner (henceforth known as **** ******) from here on out. Consider this as what may possibly be your final or penultimate or tertiary warning before this untimely fate.

Petr Mrazek

I was listening to this on the radio and dammit, the youtube doesn't do John's orgasm into the mike justice.

Lines:

go to twitter you lazy ****.

Players to watch? I think you forgot this player. :nod:

2018-10-04 22.04.35.jpg

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just checking. This is a Wild Card team vs the defending Stanley Cup champions and division winners and its a Canes game? Sure. Roger that.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Last few years, Caps have had tight opening round game 1's (PHI/TOR/CBJ). Will the trend continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad