ECQF Game 1 | Hurricanes @ Capitals | 7:30 PM | USA,SN360, TVAS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
dang what a pass. what a shot. canes are making it interesting at least.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yep, totally agreed with all of the above. We’ve actually had to call up Jason Shaya from Charlotte to do a few games in the past few years when John has NBC obligations. Still hate the idea of losing him eventually.

With Karmanos, Francis, Wesley, Kaiton, etc. all out of the organization, Forslund is the only real original Cane at this point. To Canes fan who watch every game, he’s as synonymous with the Carolina Hurricanes as anybody. He was honored a few years ago by the team in a “John Forslund” night, and Eric Staal’s vídeo message pointed out that John was basically the “soundtrack of every big moment in his career.” To Canes fans, he’s the soundtrack to almost every moment of this franchise, and most of us would defend his honor before any player’s.
I agree with you. Forslund still calling hockey, but not Hurricanes games doesn't seem right.

Not that I'm saying him calling non-Hurricanes doesn't feel right, just still working calling games, but no longer working for the Hurricanes.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
everyone said this would be close. couldn't believe they jumped to a 3-0 lead. Caps got lazy and ovi didn't backcheck

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Does rierden not know every coach has a time out? I can’t remember him ever using one.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Canes aren't a bad team and they weren't as bad the last couple years as their record was. I don't think they're a contending team yet, but I think goaltending (like the past couple years) really sandbags them.

I picked the Caps in 7 and that was assuming the Canes would have questionable goaltending or just not measure up in net.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Well, I was already on record as saying I would've preferred Carolina to Columbus in the first round, and I stand by that (obviously) after last night, but part of my added rationale from earlier today was "I can't imagine Carolina would've had the same ability to erase a 3-goal deficit that the Blue Jackets managed to do".

I already looked really stupid when I criticized Yankee catcher Gary Sanchez one AB before he proceeded to hit three straight home runs this past Sunday. Is this going to happen again?

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad