ECQF Game 1 | Hurricanes @ Capitals | 7:30 PM | USA,SN360, TVAS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Whenever I hear Nino Neiderreiter I think of that Gordon Ramsey episode.... "Hello, my name's NINOOOO!"

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Jim Beam...I'm far from a whiskey/bourbon purist.
giphy.gif

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
i've been wondering for years, WHO is the canes announcer? i freaking love this guy, remember his days when he was on versus and he's had me as a fan since. would love to see him replace Doc on NBCSN and actually do nationally televised games. he's amazing, gets me so hyped

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i've been wondering for years, WHO is the canes announcer? i freaking love this guy, remember his days when he was on versus and he's had me as a fan since. would love to see him replace Doc on NBCSN and actually do nationally televised games. he's amazing, gets me so hyped

John Forslund. He’s the best. Been with the Canes since they were the Whalers. We’re all rooting for Doc to hang on as long as possible so we can keep John.

Reactions: Sigurd

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Canes fans ignoring the phyiscal pounding the Caps have put on their team tonight.

ObsceneJesster

Apr 17, 2016
Washington did this all last year as well. Come playoffs, they play all defense and let the other team tire themselves out on the forecheck. They play physical and wear you down. Once they have you where they want, they strike. Sometimes this play style bites them and sometimes it works out.

Reactions: Aliceanna and Chips

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
am i losing it, or have the caps been outplayed the entire game lmao

First period you’re right, just killed it on the PP.

Second period is just score effects at play.

This is exactly the quantity vs quality debate. What you consider “outplaying” might not be someone else’s lol.

The Caps bide their time and make the most of their chances, the Canes have had a few great chances but I can’t even remember most of their shots. The Caps have looked better to me since the first 10 min, at worst even.

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Washington did this all last year as well. Come playoffs, they play all defense and let the other team tire themselves out on the forecheck. They play physical and wear you down. Once they have you where they want, they strike. Sometimes this play style bites them and sometimes it works out.
Love this, spot on. They are opportunistic. They’ve learned from their opponents the previous few years. The Caps early Trotz years dominated possession, but took loads of crap shots from the outside until they had no gas left.

Reactions: ObsceneJesster

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
This is exactly the quantity vs quality debate. What you consider “outplaying” might not be someone else’s lol.

The Caps bide their time and make the most of their chances, the Canes have had a few great chances but I can’t even remember most of their shots. The Caps have looked better to me since the first 10 min, at worst even.
I can't remember very many dangerous chances at 5v5 for the Caps either. Shots at 5v5 are 19-8.

Reactions: varank

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Forslund is great, but I can't take the Tripp Tracy of it all when I check out their broadcasts. Even as a Caps fan, I find the Canes a fun team in general. We've a big soft spot for Williams.

Reactions: Sigurd

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I can't remember very many dangerous chances at 5v5 for the Caps either. Shots at 5v5 are 19-8.
The Caps could have 4 goals from their official shots on net, and a 5th was way open who decided not to pass or shoot.

The Caps have definitely been getting quality plays, not all perimeter shots.they get to the scoring areas, the Canes have had good defensive sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad