Who wins game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Didn't the Bruins pick up the puck off their bench? If it went over the glass fair play, but at the time it seemed like it landed in the Bruins bench.
It went over the high glass...and landed in their bench. It was cleared over almost parallel to the glass....

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Even yesterday, when the Bruins tied the game up in the first they were called for a delay of game when the lineman said it was deflected. Plus the puck ended up in the Bruins bench. Not over the glass. The Hyman crease non call was a head scratcher? That was clear. Not sure what is bull there? Leafs have gotten away with a lot this series. Marleau was hooking a Bruins player without the puck. Babcock teams have been getting away with this for decades. To be fair, The reffing has been bad on both sides, but far more harsh to the Bruins IMO.
Chara has been brutal and watch Bergeron off a faceoff interfere with Marner as Marner tries to chase down the puck it happens alot.
Apart from being great on faceoffs Bergeron is elite at interference that somehow the refs don't call.
The Bruins have definitely been the team benefiting from more non-calls and it is honestly not close.
Hopefully tomorrow's game will be called properly and the Leaf s win in the building where they have played their best and had their most success.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Remember after Game 1/3 all these ‘neutral fans’ jumped in this thread and said Marner is way better than Matthews and everyone outside of Toronto knows Marner is better and deserves to be paid more?

Those fans all disappeared now that Matthews started dominating and has more goals than Marner has points. :laugh: I’m sure they’ll be in full effect if Marner shows up on Game 7.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

NMF

May 24, 2012
This is bull****. Sure, the Hyman play could have been called...so could the offside goal. So now lets talk about Hyman's phantom tripping call...or Chara's multiple high hits (Muzzin/Mathews etc) and even more multiple interference plays that weren't called.

I'm not saying the refs are "favoring" one team over the other...but your statement is absolute crap.
If you want interference to be called by the letter of the law. The Leafs would wind up in the box, way more than their opponent. The obstruction the leafs forwards use to slow up the forechek is a staple of a Mike Babcock gameplan. It has become even more important for a Leaf team that ices two good NHL Defensemen, one so-so dman, and three that are at best a #6.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

That's a potential 8 minute swing -- with reality probably falling somewhere between the two extremes..

I'm not complaining about the calls -- crap happens. HOWEVER, I am calling BS on fans who want to say Toronto somehow got screwed because calls weren't made on Boston.:laugh: #I'mavictimandalwayswillbeavictim
Coyle wasn't in the first (which you specified). Over glass? I'll let video decide. Third could be offsetting though I 've seen numerous calls on both sides go that way. You are always allowed a degree of pick but I've seen many that were way beyond acceptable. 5 in the first period of game 2 alone. Some people prefer "let them play". I prefer "call the penalty" so we actually get a chance to watch them play.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
You got proof of that delay of game being deflected? The video replay clearly shows that it didn't hit anything on the way out and they called it delay of game immediately. I don't remember them having a discussion if anyone saw it differently. You're saying it's physically impossible for the puck to be played above the glass and still end up on the Bruins bench?

You're still going on about the Hyman call? The league agreed with the call on the ice just as they agreed there was no offside for the Boston goal. Time to move on.

Not sure how you can say that Toronto has gotten away with more without anything to back it up. Boston has 14 minors vs Toronto at 15. Statistically speaking, Boston has gotten away with more.

By definition you've argued an impossibility here and contradicted yourself at the end.

There are no statistics that exist in the history of the NHL that track 'getting away with calls'. By definition, they are calls not made which is subjective and cannot be tracked.

Does that make sense? It's like saying 'I have the facts and physical numbers to prove that he was thinking of doing something multiple times more than someone else'.

The NHL doesn't track 'calls that should have been made but weren't' according to some fans whims.

Not picking on you either. I agreed with your argument just that last point and this reffing argument from either side is truly silly and a waste of everyone's time.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
If you want interference to be called by the letter of the law. The Leafs would wind up in the box, way more than their opponent. The obstruction the leafs forwards use to slow up the forechek is a staple of a Mike Babcock gameplan. It has become even more important for a Leaf team that ices two good NHL Defensemen, one so-so dman, and three that are at best a #6.
Versus a team that will get burnt all night long because their D has so many sub par skaters?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'd be OK if the called each and every interference/crosscheck to the back....pretty sure the Leafs would come out on the right side of it....Bergeron/Chara would never be able to play....

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Babcock is going to lose this series for the Leafs. Rielly should've got 30+ minutes of playing time. He was playing great. That kid can skate all night. Easily should be double-shifted when down a goal. Play 4 of the last 5 minutes type of game.

Ditto Matthews. (25 minutes). Guy is huge and was going well in the 3rd.

Play PP1 90 seconds. They can handle it.

If Leafs are going to win, they will need Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Rielly to lead them.

Stop playing "safe" veterans and release the kids.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Babcock is going to lose this series for the Leafs. Rielly should've got 30+ minutes of playing time. He was playing great. That kid can skate all night. Easily should be double-shifted when down a goal. Play 4 of the last 5 minutes type of game.

Ditto Matthews. (25 minutes). Guy is huge and was going well in the 3rd.

Play PP1 90 seconds. They can handle it.

If Leafs are going to win, they will need Matthews, Marner, Tavares and Rielly to lead them.

Stop playing "safe" veterans and release the kids.
i agree...with pretty much all of this.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Chara has been brutal and watch Bergeron off a faceoff interfere with Marner as Marner tries to chase down the puck it happens alot.
Apart from being great on faceoffs Bergeron is elite at interference that somehow the refs don't call.
The Bruins have definitely been the team benefiting from more non-calls and it is honestly not close.
Hopefully tomorrow's game will be called properly and the Leaf s win in the building where they have played their best and had their most success.
Don't go there.
Reffing has been (outside of the goalie interference goal) equally bad in all senses to the point the teams have ironically been able to decide the winner for once.

The next step is to fix the problem... but this series we can not be comparing individual missed calls.

NMF

May 24, 2012
Versus a team that will get burnt all night long because their D has so many sub par skaters?

One sub-par skater who is 6' 9" and the length to make up for his skating deficiencies. Name another Bruins dman who is a sub par skater. Hint: You cant.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Marner vanished after his game 3 heroics, will he show up in game 7 is most likely the deciding factor (besides the bottomless pit that is the Leafs PK/PP)

Before the series i predicted special teams would decide it, and it's becoming pretty clear. Bruins PP is just flat out lethal.

literally just Chara

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
Look up career point totals between the two. Tavares went first overall and was the only reason NYI was somewhat relevant. Also, Bergeron always misses games and loves being injured. Really not hard to argue here.
How many Selkes has Tavares won? Bergeron is going on his 8th nomination for the Selke and has won it 4 times already. Sorry but I'll take Bergeron over Tavares every time.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Didn’t the Leafs have the fewest PPs in the regular season?
Unless you are a conspiracy theorist that thinks the refs were out to get them all season, it seems that it’s attributable to the style of hockey they play.
Why would people expect the refs to change in the playoffs?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Marner vanished after his game 3 heroics, will he show up in game 7 is most likely the deciding factor (besides the bottomless pit that is the Leafs PK/PP)

Before the series i predicted special teams would decide it, and it's becoming pretty clear. Bruins PP is just flat out lethal.

literally just Chara

I think Marner got hurt when Chara laid him out off the opening face-off in game 4.

Kid was electric before that point.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
One sub-par skater who is 6' 9" and the length to make up for his skating deficiencies. Name another Bruins dman who is a sub par skater. Hint: You cant.

The ones you can easily beat to the outside when interference isn't allowed. Chara was not the only one exposed.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'd be OK if the called each and every interference/crosscheck to the back....pretty sure the Leafs would come out on the right side of it....Bergeron/Chara would never be able to play....
If the refs called the game to the letter of the law it would favour the Bruins, given the Leafs PK and the Bruins PP.
As a fan of one team you’re only seeing half the borderline calls the refs miss and not the ones your team benefits from. It’s part of being a fan.

Reactions: NMF

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
14-15 looks pretty even to me. And a slight edge in penalties doesn’t show that statistically the Bruins have gotten away with more.
14-15 are the calls that were made hardly indicative of what should have been called.
The Bruins are the big beneficiary of how the refs have called this series.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Didn’t the Leafs have the fewest PPs in the regular season?
Unless you are a conspiracy theorist that thinks the refs were out to get them all season, it seems that it’s attributable to the style of hockey they play.
Why would people expect the refs to change in the playoffs?

The refs have been terrible across the board. Yes the Leafs style doesn't allow for specific types of penalties to get called, but the amount of interference in this series has been pretty absurd. When your team is built around out-skating the other team, and there's constant interference being ran its going to bring complaining.

TimmytheTank

Nov 13, 2008
In my book, I think the quality of the Refereeing in these games has been among the worst I'v ever seen. I don't mean unbalanced. I don't believe that my team (the Bruins) have been shafted. Watching last night's game I could not believe the number of penalties that were called that I thought were completely wrong, while not calling what I thought were obvious penalties IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. Overall, I think this longstanding unwritten rule that Referees should put away the whistles at some time in the middle of the second period, and let the teams play "playoff hockey" is absolute idiocy. The idea that the rules have somehow changed in the playoffs is, I think, at the root of the inconsistency in the way games are called this time of year and it needs to stop. Call penalties, don't be afraid to have lopsided penalty numbers. I know the league is scared to draw the ire of different teams and fanbases, but honestly, if the games are called consistently and honestly I think that any missed calls come out in the wash over the course of a seven game series. If players know what is a penalty, and what isn't, the games are better in the long run.

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto game 7 elimination is going to unite the Leaf haters like no other. :laugh:

That being said, there should be big changes in Toronto after another failed season.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The refs have been terrible across the board. Yes the Leafs style doesn't allow for specific types of penalties to get called, but the amount of interference in this series has been pretty absurd. When your team is built around out-skating the other team, and there's constant interference being ran its going to bring complaining.
Looks to me like it’s been let go against both teams. Which is pretty much what you normally see in the playoffs.
The Leafs play a non possession style that doesn’t lead to a lot of penalty calls. It’s the same thing we saw all season. And fans complained about it during the season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad