• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
All I know is the leafs played their worst game of the series and the Bruins (according to Cassidy) played their best and it was still only a 1 goal game (ignoring the empty netter).....I am expecting the leafs to play a better game with their pk improving (similar to game 5 after game 4 struggles)....in the end I think the leafs take it
It was a one goal game only because Andersen stood on his head. Leafs will have to be much better if they want a shot at winning Game 7. Boston flat out dominated the Leafs in Game 6. Forget the one goal game argument.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Penalty calls seem pretty even to me.
I think you could argue the refs missed calls both ways.
As for Marchand he’s playing playoff hockey and hasn’t committed any obvious penalties. I’m not sure why you think he should be penalized for what he did in the regular season.
The difference in special teams hasn’t been the refs fault. The Leafs need to be better on the PK and PP. If not, they will have trouble taking game 7 and fans will have all summer to blame the reffing. If they can fix those areas in Game 7 then they have a good chance of moving on.
Not sure why people are saying Marchand needs to be called for more, he hasn't done anything to warrant a penalty from what I can remember.

I will say that Chara of all people has gotten away with a lot more than either team this series. Interference, slash, crossh checks galore with this guy.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is bull****. Sure, the Hyman play could have been called...so could the offside goal. So now lets talk about Hyman's phantom tripping call...or Chara's multiple high hits (Muzzin/Mathews etc) and even more multiple interference plays that weren't called.

I'm not saying the refs are "favoring" one team over the other...but your statement is absolute crap.
Even yesterday, when the Bruins tied the game up in the first they were called for a delay of game when the lineman said it was deflected. Plus the puck ended up in the Bruins bench. Not over the glass. The Hyman crease non call was a head scratcher? That was clear. Not sure what is bull there? Leafs have gotten away with a lot this series. Marleau was hooking a Bruins player without the puck. Babcock teams have been getting away with this for decades. To be fair, The reffing has been bad on both sides, but far more harsh to the Bruins IMO.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
This is interesting. Boston has 4 more minutes on the PP than on the PK in the playoffs. Does that mean Boston doesn't get to "whine" about reffing in the playoffs or is that only reserved for a certain fan base? I don't think any of the games have been decided because of reffing, that doesn't mean reffing has been stellar throughout the series.
Objectively, the officials have been fine in all the games except Game 2. I don't think it's affected the results. I believe each team deserved the games they won. Only complaint I have is why Chara is allowed to cross-check players in the back the entire game and never get called. I think those take a toll on players and he knows it. Leafs have also gotten away with some (Rielly on Debrusk last game), but Chara has been doing this the entire series.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Our kids need a couple more battle tested years to understand it takes more than flash....Matthews has figured it out during this very series. He's started hitting (well...his version of it) as well as back checking. Nylander and Marner still need to figure out that sometimes it takes fury over flash....they'll get there, but probably not this season.
Marner will no doubt find the next level he is too gifted and smart of a player.

Nylander will always put his own needs before that of his team just like his Dad...I would move away from this head case as fast as possible...maybe move him for some quality D.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
It was a one goal game only because Andersen stood on his head. Leafs will have to be much better if they want a shot at winning Game 7. Boston flat out dominated the Leafs in Game 6. Forget the one goal game argument.

Oh no doubt the leafs will have to be much better than they were in Game 6 but they have been the better team in 4 of the 6 games so I think there is a good chance they will be the better team in Game 7

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Even yesterday, when the Bruins tied the game up in the first they were called for a delay of game when the lineman said it was deflected. Plus the puck ended up in the Bruins bench. Not over the glass. The Hyman crease non call was a head scratcher? That was clear. Not sure what is bull there? Leafs have gotten away with a lot this series. Marleau was hooking a Bruins player without the puck. Babcock teams have been getting away with this for decades. To be fair, The reffing has been bad on both sides, but far more harsh to the Bruins IMO.
The replay showed no deflection, and the puck went over the glass.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This is interesting. Boston has 4 more minutes on the PP than on the PK in the playoffs. Does that mean Boston doesn't get to "whine" about reffing in the playoffs or is that only reserved for a certain fan base? I don't think any of the games have been decided because of reffing, that doesn't mean reffing has been stellar throughout the series.

That 4 minute difference is the Kadri major that no one could dispute as a call. Take that one out and the Leafs have had more PP time in this series?

Reactions: NMF

LoveRealHockey

Sep 13, 2010
This is bull****. Sure, the Hyman play could have been called...so could the offside goal. So now lets talk about Hyman's phantom tripping call...or Chara's multiple high hits (Muzzin/Mathews etc) and even more multiple interference plays that weren't called.

I'm not saying the refs are "favoring" one team over the other...but your statement is absolute crap.
Officials have been fine except for Game 2 which was a gong show. Both teams interfere when the puck is dumped in. As far as coach's challenges that go to Toronto; just remember that most have gone against the Leafs this year for what it's worth. I think they made the wrong call on the interference (which wasn't intentional but happened) and on the offside that wasn't called. Leafs were the better team that game. Bruins were by far the best team in Game 6. Best team has generally won each game. Let's hope Game 7 isn't impacted by officials and the best team wins. It can go either way.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Replay also showed Hyman interfered with Rask on a key goal that caused the complexion of the game to change in game 5. This was the biggest miss in the entire series. The game was very much in doubt at the time and could be over now if the Refs got that one correct.

But like I said, hope game 7 does not come down to a miss call. Both teams have a chance to win it.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
You got proof of that delay of game being deflected? The video replay clearly shows that it didn't hit anything on the way out and they called it delay of game immediately. I don't remember them having a discussion if anyone saw it differently. You're saying it's physically impossible for the puck to be played above the glass and still end up on the Bruins bench?

You're still going on about the Hyman call? The league agreed with the call on the ice just as they agreed there was no offside for the Boston goal. Time to move on.

Not sure how you can say that Toronto has gotten away with more without anything to back it up. Boston has 14 minors vs Toronto at 15. Statistically speaking, Boston has gotten away with more.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Can't cheer for Leafs after Toronto security allowed that idiot to stand on his chair to block the camera.
What the hell was that???? God that was irritating. I felt like an idiot screaming at my tv "sit down", but I'd be lying if I said i didn't do that. Bet Im not alone there.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017

[MOD]

It’s been a fun series to watch. I’ve been disappointed with the Leafs play at times, as I’m sure Bruins fans have been with their team as well, but that’s hockey I suppose.

Fingers crossed that game 7’s GDT isn’t just 2000 “OMG REFS SUCK” comments from both sides. May the best team win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Liferleafer

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You got proof of that delay of game being deflected? The video replay clearly shows that it didn't hit anything on the way out and they called it delay of game immediately. I don't remember them having a discussion if anyone saw it differently. You're saying it's physically impossible for the puck to be played above the glass and still end up on the Bruins bench?

You're still going on about the Hyman call? The league agreed with the call on the ice just as they agreed there was no offside for the Boston goal. Time to move on.

Not sure how you can say that Toronto has gotten away with more without anything to back it up. Boston has 14 minors vs Toronto at 15. Statistically speaking, Boston has gotten away with more.

14-15 looks pretty even to me. And a slight edge in penalties doesn’t show that statistically the Bruins have gotten away with more.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Look up career point totals between the two. Tavares went first overall and was the only reason NYI was somewhat relevant. Also, Bergeron always misses games and loves being injured. Really not hard to argue here.
'
These Boards are on fire this morning. Every time somebody comes out with something so extreme I think we've reached our maximum ceiling, someone like you comes in and lays out a game changer that totally ups the ante for everyone else. Impressive and I tip may hat. Extraordinary work.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Replay also showed Hyman interfered with Rask on a key goal that caused the complexion of the game to change in game 5. This was the biggest miss in the entire series. The game was very much in doubt at the time and could be over now if the Refs got that one correct.

But like I said, hope game 7 does not come down to a miss call. Both teams have a chance to win it.

Replay also showed Hyman'e tripping call was phantom...
Replay also showed Chara jumped to hit Muzzin...
Replay also showed Chara shoving Matthews' unprotected head into the glass.
Replay also showed Chara cross checking Hyman in the back right before you tragic non call...
Replay also showed the allowed Bruins goal to be offside...

I could do this all day.
Again....i'm not the one saying reffing has favored one team over the other....you are. It all comes down to good teams being good....i don't have much faith in TO winning game 7, i just see Boston as the better battle tested team...but hopefully the Leafs can pull it off.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
That 4 minute difference is the Kadri major that no one could dispute as a call. Take that one out and the Leafs have had more PP time in this series?
Honestly that was in reply to the Habs fan saying Leafs posters are whining about reffing considering the PP/PK differential in the regular season to which I replied with the post season stats. That whole argument is stupid and wanted to highlight that for him. He's justa troll and not worth it anyways.

Leafs have 15 minors called, Boston has 14 with 1 bench minor so PP is dead even. Like I said, I don't think anyone blames the wins/losses on the refs but that doesn't mean we can't criticize them. I mean go back to Game 5, there was not a single minor penalty called against the Bruins except for the bench minor for too many men. Are you going to tell me that game had good reffing considering the first "tripping" call on Hyman on McAvoy? Again, doesn't change the outcome but reffing has been inconsistent in game which sucks because you'd hate for a game 7 to be decided by the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad