$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Go Leafs Go!

5cba892f2a0000aa0c4f9306.jpeg

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'll take it with the way he's negated the Bergeron line.
During the regular season Tavares never went more than 5 games without scoring a goal. It's been at least 5 games since his empty net goal in Game 1, so let's see if he keeps that trend going tomorrow and scores at least 1 goal.

Reactions: Loosie

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I'm quite surprised at how tame the Bruins have been in this series - especially at home.

In this series last season, the Bruins got ahead by pounding the Leafs during play, and being in their faces between the whistles. Just a snarly, mean, Boston style of hockey.

We saw that style in game 2, but it's been pretty much absent throughout the rest of the series - games 1 and 5 showed us a really.... low energy, low intensity Bruins team that has played right into the Leafs hands.

The Leafs punched them back. I agree they have been timid. It’s obviously a combination of the bruins wilting under the Leafs willingness to engage and their fear of the Leafs power play

Reactions: DirkStraun

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Let's say tomorrow the Leafs score another goal that looks to be goalie interference and Rask falls down to sell the call. Would the refs and the people in the situation room believe him or would they not since Rask admitted that if he feel he could sell the call even more.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
In a weird way it is actually comforting that after all the crazy, unexpected outcomes of the other 1st round series, that the Boston-Toronto series is exactly the kind of knife-edge nail-bitingly close war it was supposed to be, just like it was last season.

These two teams seem to always make their series interesting.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Leafs fans getting their panties in a bunch because I said the series is painful to watch. Yes I’m a Habs fan but I’m also a hockey fan and it is the worst series of them all so far. Both teams haven’t been impressive at all.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Leafs fans getting their panties in a bunch because I said the series is painful to watch. Yes I’m a Habs fan but I’m also a hockey fan and it is the worst series of them all so far. Both teams haven’t been impressive at all.

This series has easily been the most exciting of the playoffs so far, just as it was last year. When these two teams meet it gets the most attention for a reason. Them being the only 2 original 6 teams to qualify this year also adds to it.

Ps lol don’t flatter yourself, Leafs fans aren’t “getting their panties in a bunch” over some Habs fan opinion :laugh:

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
This series has easily been the most exciting of the playoffs so far, just as it was last year. When these two teams meet it gets the most attention for a reason. Them being the only 2 original 6 teams to qualify this year also adds to it.

Ps lol don’t flatter yourself, Leafs fans aren’t “getting their panties in a bunch” over some Habs fan opinion :laugh:

Yea...no. Watch other series, they have all been much more entertaining.

Reactions: Neely2005 and beach

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Meh. You don't get anything extra for making people happy with the hockey and all people used to say when the team was young was that we could never win playing the way we were....Well enjoy. They can defend a lead now. Also to a man basically every member of both teams has been saying the ice has been absolute garbage in Boston which probably is the actual reason for the bad game last night.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Also not including the San Jose and Vegas 1st round series since last year the Golden Knights were an expansion team, Toronto and Boston is the only series where besides last year they had also previously meet in the 2013 playoffs. So they have more of a history, even if Kadri and Gardiner are the only two Maple Leafs still on the roster from the 2013 series.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Don't agree at all but you're entitled to your own opinion I guess.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I just had this thought. What if tomorrow there is 10:00 minutes left in the 3rd period and Toronto is winning 4-1, what are the odds Jim Hughson brings up Game 7 of 2013?

He has a history of saying something similar. For example during the Leafs season opener last season in Winnipeg when they were winning 4-0, Hughson mentioned the previous game 1 year earlier when Toronto blew that 4-0 lead against them and lost 5-4 in overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad