Who wins game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Are you *****ing about the officiating? Cuz it really sounds like you’re *****ing about the officiating.
No matter what I say since your a Bruins fan it will look like I was complaining about the refs. However if you read the post which you quoted all I said was it's frustrating to not see that called a penalty called on that Bruins player in the 3rd period when they were leading 3-2, since it's something the refs would always call in the regular season. So all I did was mention how surprised I was to see the refs in the Sharks and Knights game later that same day actually call that penalty on the Sharks in 2OT, when they were facing if they allowed the next goal.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
In my book, I think the quality of the Refereeing in these games has been among the worst I'v ever seen. I don't mean unbalanced. I don't believe that my team (the Bruins) have been shafted. Watching last night's game I could not believe the number of penalties that were called that I thought were completely wrong, while not calling what I thought were obvious penalties IN BOTH DIRECTIONS..

This is the true problem. It's f***ing tragic to watch the refs miss so many calls and than do weak make-up calls, than decide they don't want to call anything anymore .

Its super inconsistent

Reactions: TimmytheTank

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Chara has been brutal and watch Bergeron off a faceoff interfere with Marner as Marner tries to chase down the puck it happens alot.
Apart from being great on faceoffs Bergeron is elite at interference that somehow the refs don't call.
The Bruins have definitely been the team benefiting from more non-calls and it is honestly not close.
Hopefully tomorrow's game will be called properly and the Leaf s win in the building where they have played their best and had their most success.

Don't you ever get tired from all the whining and complaining?

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Looks to me like it’s been let go against both teams. Which is pretty much what you normally see in the playoffs.
The Leafs play a non possession style that doesn’t lead to a lot of penalty calls. It’s the same thing we saw all season. And fans complained about it during the season too.

They have pretty much decided not to call interference this series both teams are doing it now. The league and fans had a shit fit when Detroit used to do this. The "playoff" hockey aspect is just stupid in this scenario. Yes, the Bruins are much better at doing it, and yes Leaf fans are going to complain about it because it doesn't work in our favor. That's life.

Reffing has been bad, you don't have to keep attempting to turn everyone watching the series into a bunch of infowars addicts. There is no consistency with any calls

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
14-15 looks pretty even to me. And a slight edge in penalties doesn’t show that statistically the Bruins have gotten away with more.

By definition you've argued an impossibility here and contradicted yourself at the end.

There are no statistics that exist in the history of the NHL that track 'getting away with calls'. By definition, they are calls not made which is subjective and cannot be tracked.

Does that make sense? It's like saying 'I have the facts and physical numbers to prove that he was thinking of doing something multiple times more than someone else'.

The NHL doesn't track 'calls that should have been made but weren't' according to some fans whims.

Not picking on you either. I agreed with your argument just that last point and this reffing argument from either side is truly silly and a waste of everyone's time.
I mean they are calling the post season penalties even, considering where these teams ranked in the regular season for minor penalties called (5th for Boston vs 31st for Toronto) indicates that Toronto is far less penalized team all year for minor penalties except for the fact that they have 1 more minor penalty in the post season than Boston.

So if you're going to tell me that Boston has had worse reffing this series than you are just plain wrong. Once again, I don't think any of the games have been decided by reffing but you can't honestly say that Boston is getting the short end of the stick with the calls.

penalty for tripping.

non call for charging

This is an example of how the reffing is changed during the game. You call that weak one on Dermott and then let that one on Chara go? Either they both get called or neither does.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
They have pretty much decided not to call interference this series both teams are doing it now. The league and fans had a **** fit when Detroit used to do this. The "playoff" hockey aspect is just stupid in this scenario. Yes, the Bruins are much better at doing it, and yes Leaf fans are going to complain about it because it doesn't work in our favor. That's life.

Reffing has been bad, you don't have to keep attempting to turn everyone watching the series into a bunch of infowars addicts. There is no consistency with any calls
Not sure what you’re arguing tbh.
Yes reffing has been bad. It generally is.
But if they call it more closely then it probably favours the Bruins given their PP and PK numbers.
And I’m not sure why people are surprised. It’s been this way in the playoffs since I started watching hockey. It usually gets even worse by the time the SCF happens.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Toronto game 7 elimination is going to unite the Leaf haters like no other. :laugh:

That being said, there should be big changes in Toronto after another failed season.

Leafs PK and PP are god awful, even if we win the series they should fire the guys running it.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Chara has been brutal and watch Bergeron off a faceoff interfere with Marner as Marner tries to chase down the puck it happens alot.
Apart from being great on faceoffs Bergeron is elite at interference that somehow the refs don't call.
The Bruins have definitely been the team benefiting from more non-calls and it is honestly not close.
Hopefully tomorrow's game will be called properly and the Leaf s win in the building where they have played their best and had their most success.
This post is incredible AND funny.
Despite the fact the referee is part of the game and imo players need to adjust to them... i thought exactly the contrary of what you seem to have seen. I thought that calls were going on Toronto sides for most of the series, especially the last two games. I beleive the i terference goal was a game changing decision and imo bad decision. Thought the call on Coyle was bad... and most of the chipping, holding and interference made by Toronto players!

Strange isn’t it!

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Leafs will need to weather the first 10 mins and not take any stupid penalties. They also need their special teams to be better. I’m really looking forward to see if this game is an offensive one like last year or a defensive battle. Either way, its a shame one of these two teams will be golfing

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Not sure what you’re arguing tbh.
Yes reffing has been bad.
But if they call it more closely then it probably favours the Bruins given their PP and PK numbers.
And I’m not sure why people are surprised. It’s been this way in the playoffs since I started watching hockey. It usually gets even worse by the time the SCF happens.

Nobody is surprised in hindsight, it's because its happening in the present. This happens in every series from every fanbase.

It doesn't matter if it favors the Bruins given how bad the Leafs have played outside 5on5. Look at game 5, roles were reversed. This series would still be going 7 games regardless.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I mean they are calling the post season penalties even, considering where these teams ranked in the regular season for minor penalties called (5th for Boston vs 31st for Toronto) indicates that Toronto is far less penalized team all year for minor penalties except for the fact that they have 1 more minor penalty in the post season than Boston.

So if you're going to tell me that Boston has had worse reffing this series than you are just plain wrong. Once again, I don't think any of the games have been decided by reffing but you can't honestly say that Boston is getting the short end of the stick with the calls.

penalty for tripping.

non call for charging

This is an example of how the reffing is changed during the game. You call that weak one on Dermott and then let that one on Chara go? Either they both get called or neither does.

Toronto is a far less penalized team but also draws the fewest penalties. So the penalty calls should on that basis be about even. Have they made some bad calls against both teams? Absolutely. I’m sure you can find missed calls going the other way too.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
And BOOM it happens again.

Surely, the guy who posts that "Bergeron loves getting injured" has set the ceiling? Nobody can surpass that?!?!

No...... Dan the Man comes up with whatever it is he's posted above and slams it out of the park. Amazing.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Marner vanished after his game 3 heroics, will he show up in game 7 is most likely the deciding factor (besides the bottomless pit that is the Leafs PK/PP)

Before the series i predicted special teams would decide it, and it's becoming pretty clear. Bruins PP is just flat out lethal.

literally just Chara

Bergeron line has put on the claws. And at least beating the Marner line on the PP. Chara has been very physical with him

Leafs also play too systematic .... only one guy waits for a stretch pass and two or three guys are not working in cohesion to try to generate chances. Because they are worried to prevent the Bergeron line from generating offense/scoring

At first this played against the Bruins , as Pastrnak was on that line. But since Pasta has been moved to the 2nd line and these past two games the Bruins bottom 6 is outplaying the Leafs bottom 6

slight adv Bruins now.... Matthews, Reilly and Andersen are the only ones keeping the Leafs in this as of late

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

penalty for tripping.

non call for charging

I don't know how the Dermott one was weak? He whipped his leg out and tripped him around the net. Thats a call all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad