ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs - Part 7 | Series Tied 3-3

Who wins game 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
This is bull****. Sure, the Hyman play could have been called...so could the offside goal. So now lets talk about Hyman's phantom tripping call...or Chara's multiple high hits (Muzzin/Mathews etc) and even more multiple interference plays that weren't called.

I'm not saying the refs are "favoring" one team over the other...but your statement is absolute crap.

Reffing is not perfect. Get over it. As a neutral fan, calls have been missed on both sides. Bad reffing evens out. It is the ultimate loser mentality to blame an entire series on reffing.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think boston fans just complain less

There are a couple Leafs fans who come here and constantly have to complain about reffing no matter what the case. No matter what. Even if the Leafs have more PP's, the Bruins have less, it doesn't matter.

Some come and say the Leafs win if the refs put the whistles away, while others say that the whistles have been put away in the Bruins favour.

Each game in this series the better team has won. Everyone can see that and that's why we're going to a game 7 in Boston. The rest is excuses founded on frustration.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
You're just being negative and assuming you know what I mean. I might mean I want Kadri to grow up and stop being a psychopath on the ice. Wouldn't that be good? Wouldn't you like that? Or do you prefer the "I have zero impulse control and that's bad because I'm generally a nasty POS" Naz?

If he doesn't change his ways I hope he's out of the League very very quickly. Either because the League refuses to put up with his cheap BS anymore (a la Raffi Torres), or because teams decide they don't want to pay POS's like him on their teams anymore, or because someone delivers a CLEAN crushing hit on him that breaks his will to play the game. We already know he's mentally weak.

There. Does that answer things nicely for you?

Yes thank you I appreciate it, just dont know why you couldnt have given that answer when I asked for an elaboration...

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Ya but your power play hasn’t been horrible. It’s been the same as it always is.

Your PK has been horrible.

It makes no sense to blame the PP for this series going 7 when they are what they are.

If you said “if the PK makes two more stops, this series is over” I don’t think you’d hear any argument.

You’re blaming the PP for not all of a sudden improving above there average, and not blaming your PK which is operating well below average.
Which by definition....is horrible. The reason i didn't use the PK as the reason is because our defense is not our strong point....so asking it to be the savior makes zero sense. When you can roll the type of offense we have on the PP? You dam sure should be better than 3 for 16.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Reffing is not perfect. Get over it. As a neutral fan, calls have been missed on both sides. Bad reffing evens out. It is the ultimate loser mentality to blame an entire series on reffing.
Huh? I literally said the reffing hasn't favored either team...i was pointing out that TWS's statement of the refs clearly favoring TO was bullshit. He gave examples...i gave counter examples.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
which is why I asked him to elaborate on it....

And which is why I said he's smart not to elaborate.

its a moot point now since Kadri will be playing in a few days vs Columbus

Posts like these remind me of the advice my father gave me when I wanted to get a tattoo - "It's a great idea! That way you can look at it later and remember what an ass you once were!"

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I wonder what the last series was that 3/4 of people kept flipping to the other team to win every single game. Just a complete roller coaster of a series.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
2 things....

1. Our D not being good enough is not news...it's a well known fact.

2. It's not the speed of Boston's forwards....it's the tenacity/desire to win puck battles.
I was thinking of a player like DeBrusk when I made that comment...but yes, the tenacity is also a factor.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Exactly, “none of the games have been decided because of reffing” ...so reffing is not perfect. We have known this forever...why is it the only thing leafs talk about then? Even during the season they were complaining about lack of power play yet they were also, at the time, the least penalized...reffing is not perfect. Get over it.
Did you just start watching the series Game 6 or were are you intentionally avoiding the "Goaltender Interference" that was brought up, even made a whole thread about it that was started by a Bruins fan.

Oh wait, I just checked your post history and you're some Habs fan who goes into the Leafs boards to start up the refs-Leafs arguments with everyone. No one feed this troll guys

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Guaranteed lose night for Toronto.

Leafs defence is simply not capable of keeping it together in a high pressure situation. They can barely hold it together in zero pressure situations.

missingjibbsclub

Bobby Heaters
Oct 26, 2016
London ON
Tavares is an elite player but I would like to hear you expand on how you came to form the opinion that Tavares is better than Bergeron.

Cite examples.
Look up career point totals between the two. Tavares went first overall and was the only reason NYI was somewhat relevant. Also, Bergeron always misses games and loves being injured. Really not hard to argue here.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I was thinking of a player like DeBrusk when I made that comment...but yes, the tenacity is also a factor.
Our kids need a couple more battle tested years to understand it takes more than flash....Matthews has figured it out during this very series. He's started hitting (well...his version of it) as well as back checking. Nylander and Marner still need to figure out that sometimes it takes fury over flash....they'll get there, but probably not this season.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Guaranteed lose night for Toronto.

Leafs defence is simply not capable of keeping it together in a high pressure situation. They can barely hold it together in zero pressure situations.
This is a bit extreme....but somewhat accurate. Babcock needs to shorten the bench a lot in game 7, both forwards and D.

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
And which is why I said he's smart not to elaborate.

Posts like these remind me of the advice my father gave me when I wanted to get a tattoo - "It's a great idea! That way you can look at it later and remember what an ass you once were!"

All I know is the leafs played their worst game of the series and the Bruins (according to Cassidy) played their best and it was still only a 1 goal game (ignoring the empty netter).....I am expecting the leafs to play a better game with their pk improving (similar to game 5 after game 4 struggles)....in the end I think the leafs take it

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Brad Marchand had 100 PIMS in the regular season and has zero this series. It's been really awesome to see him clean up his game so suddenly and effectively.
Penalty calls seem pretty even to me.
I think you could argue the refs missed calls both ways.
As for Marchand he’s playing playoff hockey and hasn’t committed any obvious penalties. I’m not sure why you think he should be penalized for what he did in the regular season.
The difference in special teams hasn’t been the refs fault. The Leafs need to be better on the PK and PP. If not, they will have trouble taking game 7 and fans will have all summer to blame the reffing. If they can fix those areas in Game 7 then they have a good chance of moving on.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Ya but your power play hasn’t been horrible. It’s been the same as it always is.

Your PK has been horrible.

It makes no sense to blame the PP for this series going 7 when they are what they are.

If you said “if the PK makes two more stops, this series is over” I don’t think you’d hear any argument.

You’re blaming the PP for not all of a sudden improving above there average, and not blaming your PK which is operating well below average.
This is correct, the PK for the Leafs have been disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad