ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 3-2

Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Leafs controlled most of Game 4 and lost. Boston controlled most of this one, mostly thanks to crap ton of PP differential, and lost.

Sometimes things even out.

Well, it's not evening out when the Refs tried to swing the game to that extent. Playing pretty the equivalent of 80% of a period on the PK when at least half of the calls were questionable is something else. Today's reffing affair was a disgrace, Leaf fan or Hockey fan, that was a complete joke.

Even the faceoffs were a joke until the 3rd, when they started policing it better after Babcock.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ugly, ugly win. If we do that again, Boston wins. Leafs have a tendency to try and overcompensate for being weak defensively, and it always looks like this.

Very oddly officiated game. After not calling any penalties for most of the series and to begin the game, they suddenly call everything, only to stop again a bit into the third.

I have no problem with the Krug goal. He was completely screened, did with all goalies do and enter butterfly stance to play the percentages, but they went against him. Rask faced an identical shot later the same period, did the same but the puck hit his shoulder. It's just playing the percentages.

On the other hand, I have big issues with how he played the Chara shot. He played it as if there was a far post threat instead of setting up against the post properly, and Chara used it. That's a mistake. The first goal in that game was pretty weak too. Looked like he second guessed himself and started to get up, and the puck trickled by under his pad. When a goaltender in a butterfly stance lets one in under his pad, that's not a pretty goal.

Last 3 games, Andersen has given the Leafs chances to win all. A lot of complaining that the shot total is because of 6 Bruins PIMS to Leafs 1.

But the 3rd period there was only 1 PIM called and the Bruins outshot the Leafs 20-5. Andersen stole this game. If the Leafs are to force a game 7, they will need to play better. Other than the first 10 mins, the Bruins were the better team. Some will argue this, but look at the 3rd. 20-5 in shots.

I respect the fact you can call this an Ugly win suggesting yes, it was somewhat fortunate. I am a little disappointed in the quality of play. I don't think either team played great. Maybe game 6 will be that game.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Jets Fan here...

The refs were totally pro bruins...

Bookies got their claws in them???

The better team won...

**** you Refs and Bruins...

This is going to game 7...

What a gong ref show...

Thank you. Haven’t seen a worse display of reffing yet in these playoffs. Makes it even worse that it was an elimination game. Jets play fun hard hockey.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
lol at 92.5% had boston winning this game in the poll... hopefully many of you didn't have money on it. see you in boston.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Last 3 games, Andersen has given the Leafs chances to win all. A lot of complaining that the shot total is because of 6 Bruins PIMS to Leafs 1.

But the 3rd period there was only 1 PIM called and the Bruins outshot the Leafs 20-5. Andersen stole this game. If the Leafs are to force a game 7, they will need to play better. Other than the first 10 mins, the Bruins were the better team. Some will argue this, but look at the 3rd. 20-5 in shots.

I respect the fact you can call this an Ugly win suggesting yes, it was somewhat fortunate. I am a little disappointed in the quality of play. I don't think either team played great. Maybe game 6 will be that game.
There is nothing fortunate about this win from the Leafs point of view.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013

Let’s be honest, you’re only disappointed that the Leafs won the game.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Jim Hughson taking shots at the Leafs all night. CBC loves the Leafs, right people?

When was he taking shots at them?

Personally, I don’t think Hughson loves or hates the Leafs, I think he’s just doing his job calling a hockey game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad