ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 3-2

Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Andersen stole game 5, Bruins dominated the 3rd 20-5 in shots but Andersen was the difference. Rask had a rough night, he is a proud player. Will be interesting to see how he bounces back. I was going to post he looked shaky tonight, but he was scored on aleady so no need to do that. Puck is in his court Monday night.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Lol I’m thoroughly enjoying these threads. Two pages of complaing of officiating after a win with no comments from B fans. Too funny

Great game by Anderson and leafs owning the first 10 min saved their ass. Remaining was undisciplined for the most part. Still a young team though. Future loooks good. Still can’t stand that smug dirty Kadri lol

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
A reporter asked him about the parade route at some point last season.

If people in Toronto do not react differently to maximizing anxiety, I would advise to stop this.

There is a serious risk that the PR-side is sucking success out of the actual team-success-side.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Hearing a rumor the league will call an emergency BoG meeting to vote on a motion to have the Leafs start the next game killing a five minute major penalty for no reason.
Two majors. Andersen for extreme unsportsmanlike conduct, for not allowing Boston to tie, and Marner for taking another shot to the head without dropping.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Ugly, ugly win. If we do that again, Boston wins. Leafs have a tendency to try and overcompensate for being weak defensively, and it always looks like this.

Bruins could have used another chance on the power play.
Very oddly officiated game. After not calling any penalties for most of the series and to begin the game, they suddenly call everything, only to stop again a bit into the third.

Cherry just said Andersen is the best goalie in the world. Don't agree with that. But as I said before the game, other than the Krug goal, he has done nothing wrong in his last 3 games. Not sure why some were blaming him for heing bad this series when it was the team that was bad.
I have no problem with the Krug goal. He was completely screened, did with all goalies do and enter butterfly stance to play the percentages, but they went against him. Rask faced an identical shot later the same period, did the same but the puck hit his shoulder. It's just playing the percentages.

On the other hand, I have big issues with how he played the Chara shot. He played it as if there was a far post threat instead of setting up against the post properly, and Chara used it. That's a mistake. The first goal in that game was pretty weak too. Looked like he second guessed himself and started to get up, and the puck trickled by under his pad. When a goaltender in a butterfly stance lets one in under his pad, that's not a pretty goal.

Reactions: Paradoc

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Based on how the series has gone yes, I think we and they know who the better team is. Boston.

Not exactly what analytics say, but sure, believe that.

Andersen has performed at 880 level and Rask has been nearly 930, but yeah the Bruins TEAM is totally better.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This game was gonna be a blowout until Bruins started paying off that hush money on the side. Man oh man they tried so hard to give the Bruins the win

Reactions: RCS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad