ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 2-0 (Mod Warning #2718)

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Eh. Matthews looked solid last year in his playoffs debut. TML is just completed outclassed right now. I doubt if you swap Matthews with Pasta right now that Toronto is rolling with P putting up a boatload of points.

Pasta is a great player and Bruins have found lightning in a bottle with that top line. Looking quite scary right now.

Leafs are just getting dominated in every aspect of the game. Doesn’t help when B’s score 4 goals on 6 shots to start a game. Completed deflated the leafs. No pushback. They just gave up

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Please expand on why you think Brad Marchand is overpaid.

because his name is not auston matthews aka nudge below mcdavid

marchand is 11-12 brad marchand, player that should've been traded over seguin

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Well I am emotionally invested in my guys so there is that. I can admit it. A lot of people on here are not honest. I am especially with myself. Imagine if Nonis was allowed to do what he wanted and I am sitting here saying Ritchie is better? Yikes.

To the above poster, Sorry. I am getting quoted all over and am Losing track of who, what, when , where and how right now.
I will help you son... take a deep breath..! It is only hockey! Should be fun... and should not determine what you are and/or what you will you become.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
No its because we kicked the **** out of you this year. ALSO I think Marchand is overrated and overpaid. I also though Chara was done. I also saw you as a one trick pony with no depth. I do suspect a little bit of what we are seeing is Toronto losing not so much Boston Winning. I firmly suspect Boston was in Toronto's head, or we were so worried about tampa we lost sight of the fact that Boston is a good team.

I do not believe that Boston is as good as their record says. I also don't think Toronto is for real yet. We are too weak on D. I would much rather trade my second for Plek, go for it just to have our asses kicked because if we get stomped, the glaring defiances shown can be addressed much more than the 2nd round pick we gave up. In the end, if we get stomped by Boston, it could be the thing of everyones Nightmares in the next few years.
There are a lot of things you think that aren't close to reality.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Heavy inferring, if that's better, but hell yeah.

By the way, it was indeed an ass kicking. You ought to be glad that they took the foot off the accelerator after that first period or it would have been a game going down in history.
Even worse than the 11-0 loss by the Leafs in 5th and final game of the 1944 semi-finals ?

Montréal scored 7 goals in the 3rd period.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Pastrnak gets to play care free hockey with 2 potential (Bergeron likely is for sure) HOF players in their prime, he also plays wing and isn't looked at as a leader. Matthews on the other hand is playing with two 3rd year guys, Nylander is talented, Hyman not so much. He also has to play centre and be a leader. The fact that their PPG is near identical only reinforces the fact that this is a ridiculous comparison. Do you really think they would be close if Auston was playing with Bergeron and Marchand and Pastrnak was with Nylander and Hyman?

I agree that Matthews is obviously the more valuable guy.

But, Marchand's growth into a super elite guy happened exactly when he was put with Pastrnak. Its not an accident. I question how much Matthews makes the guys around him better. Is he a 50 goal scoring winger being played at center? I'm not making that claim, and I am not trying to Fox News style make a statement with a question, I genuinely wonder (same with McJesus, to be honest).

*Marchand also started playing on the PP, too (Julien was an idiot in this regards), so its not ALL Pasta, either.

Last edited:

HeartAttack

Feb 16, 2018
10 full pages wont be enough if you put all quotes of leafs fans how they are superior to boston, how they have better depth, how slow bruins are etc...many delusional fans literally

yet they got spanked in first two games and theres no sign of humility from them...boston ate all puck luck of world, we have them where we want them to be (this is most lol) etc...again many delusional fans

4:0 incoming series end i will enjoy all the tears from awaken leafs fans...every. single. one. teardrop.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Sure. But still it's a professional men's league which is better than a junior league.

Why compare the last two? Because it's the latest and ONLY sample where both players: 1. Played full seasons in the NHL 2. Played in a similar capacity (= 1st line players) 3. Played in the same environment at the same time.
All stuff that seems appropriate when debating who is the best player NOW.
But it's unfair to Matthews since it was his rookie season right after being drafted. Gives Pastrnak quite the edge.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Pasta had a good game. Good for him. I take Matthews every single time ainec. Having said all that I prefer Nylander to pasta. I love Nylander's zone entries which are elite. I think in five years when The leafs are still good and the bruins rebuilding will see the reverse in production. Once nylander fills out a bit and becomes a man Nylander will be better. But hey, that's just my Opinion and I could be wrong.

I would Much Rather have am34, nylander, marner, rielly , kadri and andersen than the players you mentioned heck, I would rather just have Matthews than all of the players you mentioned as Matthews is just a nudge below MacDavid, easily will be the second best player of his generation. Not to mention our front office which I prefer. But, yeah, I guess that's why you're a bruins fan and I'm a leafs fan right?

In all due respect, your team is NOT what I thought it was and not what we have been told or have seen all year when we played you. You're inspired, fast, intimidating and mean. Respect
He's a whole tier below McDavid, behind Eichel and MacKinnon and possibly Laine and, depending on how he progresses, could be behind Barzal.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I agree that Matthews is obviously the more valuable guy.

But, Marchand's growth into a super elite guy happened exactly when he was put with Pastrnak. Its not an accident. I question how much Matthews makes the guys around him better. Is he a 50 goal scoring winger being played at center? I'm not making that claim, and I am not trying to Fox News style make a statement with a question, I genuinely wonder (same with McJesus, to be honest).

*Marchand also started playing on the PP, too (Julien was an idiot in this regards), so its not ALL Pasta, either.
Common.... Marchand is a star because of Marchand. Nobody else.

Reactions: Ladyfan

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Did I just read Brad Marchand, the player signed for several more years at $6.125 that has scored at a 40 goal pace the last three seasons and averaged 1.25 PPG this season is overpaid?

Sports really bring out the delusion in some people. Hopefully this will be over soon.

I'm willing to here the kid out but he seemed to ignore my request for an explanation.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Did I just read Brad Marchand, the player signed for several more years at $6.125 that has scored at a 40 goal pace the last three seasons and averaged 1.25 PPG this season is overpaid?

Sports really bring out the delusion in some people. Hopefully this will be over soon.
Lol seriously that had to be one of the most delusional posts I've read in a while. Marchand is on one of the best contracts in the league while being one of the best wingers in the game. The blind hate is so strong haha.

Oh and Leafs fan please just accept it: Pasta > Nylander. I know it stings a little but there's just no logical argument against it at this point. Pasta right now looks like the best player from that draft class. At worst he's 2nd.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I’m disappointed in this series from an entertainment point of view.

This Jets vs Minnesota series is the way it should be.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Having said all that I prefer Nylander to pasta. I love Nylander's zone entries which are elite.

I tried something a few years back to see if it would work, which would gave you a very cursory, yet oddly accurate picture of a player. If you say something like you did in your quote above, what is the likelihood that any other fanbase, were this posed as a poll, would agree with you? Just ask yourself honestly. I think 29 fanbases all agree that Pasta is better than Nylander. Anyone who would prefer Nylander based on something like zone entries is probably not giving a good barometer to measure their own player.

Reactions: Pay Carl

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

A lot of Boston fans wanted him out of Boston before he exploded into the scene. Not that he was a bad player before.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I tried something a few years back to see if it would work, which would gave you a very cursory, yet oddly accurate picture of a player. If you say something like you did in your quote above, what is the likelihood that any other fanbase, were this posed as a poll, would agree with you? Just ask yourself honestly. I think 29 fanbases all agree that Pasta is better than Nylander. Anyone who would prefer Nylander based on something like zone entries is probably not giving a good barometer to measure their own player.

Jesus christ! Zone entries? Lol holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad