ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 2-0 (Mod Warning #2718)

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
giphy.gif

plekanec on the 2nd line....Should be good for a 3 goal 1st for the Bruins.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No its because we kicked the **** out of you this year. ALSO I think Marchand is overrated and overpaid. I also though Chara was done. I also saw you as a one trick pony with no depth. I do suspect a little bit of what we are seeing is Toronto losing not so much Boston Winning. I firmly suspect Boston was in Toronto's head, or we were so worried about tampa we lost sight of the fact that Boston is a good team.

I do not believe that Boston is as good as their record says. I also don't think Toronto is for real yet. We are too weak on D. I would much rather trade my second for Plek, go for it just to have our asses kicked because if we get stomped, the glaring defiances shown can be addressed much more than the 2nd round pick we gave up. In the end, if we get stomped by Boston, it could be the thing of everyones Nightmares in the next few years.

There are a few contradictions here (apologize if these have already been addressed, I'm behind in this thread).

I am assuming that by "we" you mean Toronto and "you" is Boston? First, the guy's post you are quoting isn't even a Bruin's fan as far as I know (Nucks I would guess?) and second I'm curious what qualifies as "kicking the shit out of someone" for you? The two teams met four times with the Leafs winning 4-1, the Bruins winning 4-1, and Toronto winning the other two games by one goal (4-3 and 3-2, with one being in OT).

How is that "kicking the shit" out of Boston?

As far as all the other stuff...simply watching a team play a few games (other than when they face your team) and/or paying attention to the news/stats around the team would probably go a long way in straightening out some of your many misconceptions.

It sounds to me like you just dislike Marchand, because over the last three years, he's 8th in the NHL in scoring, 2nd in goals behind only Ovechkin, and 6th in PPG (for guys with over 100 games during that period. The players ahead of him in points (next year) are:

Kane ($10.5m)
Crosby ($8.7m)
McDavid ($12.5m)
Kucherov ($4.77m for 1 more year)
Wheeler ($5.6m for 1 more year)
Benn ($9.5m)
Panarin ($6m for 1 more year)
Marchand ($6.125m)

The only guys making less than Marchand are all heading into the last years of their respective deals and are gonna get paid. Marchand is in no way overpaid (or overrated).

Chara is not the guy he was a few years ago, and he's not contributing offensively like he once was, but defensively he's still a first pair guy and a monster on the PK. Truth be told, I didn't want him re-signed, but the list of FA LHD is underwhelming and the B's LHD prospects are not ready for Top 4 duty yet. He will be fine for two years, particularly when he will have McAvoy as his D partner.

The Bruins do have a very strong first line, but the idea that they were a one line team and had no depth is ridiculous. All you had to do was check out their March schedule when they were beating teams despite being down seven starters. At one point, they had no Bergeron, no Backes, no DeBrusk, no Rick Nash, no Chara, no McAvoy, no Krug...and were still winning.

The gibberish about Boston being in Toronto's head is pure fiction. Didn't you just say that the Leafs kicked the shit out of the Bruins this year? Aren't they 7-1 in the last two regular seasons vs Boston? Why would they be in the Leaf's heads. Next your are trying to tell me that Toronto FORGOT Boston was a good team because they were more worried about Tampa? :laugh: Ok...

Boston finished higher in the regular season while being in the same division, and their team D is much better than Toronto's. The Bruins are outplaying the Leafs and one of their key guys was dumb enough to go and get himself suspended. In addition, the Toronto players just don't look as engaged as the Boston players. They are losing puck battles and shying away from getting hit to make plays.

The Leafs can certainly still make a series of this, but not unless they make a multitude of major changes. Stop making excuses for the team and living in a fantasy land about what you thought the Bruins were or were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->