ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 2-0 (Mod Warning #2718)

Who ya got?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Not sure why people are knocking Andersen when he’s been carrying them for a lot of the season and his Defense has been non-existent these past two games. Harsh.

It's confusing for outsiders because Toronto fans will tell you, out of one side of their mouth, that Frederik Andersen in an elite goaltender and carried the team through much of the season then out of the other side of their mouth they will tell you how under-rated the Leafs defense is and how they don't need to make trades to patch up the D because Gardiner and friends are fine and players like Dermott are already the answer to what ails them.

Which begs the question, if the D is so good, how come Freddy had to carry the team so often and was peppered with 40+ shots and if Freddy is so good, who come he looks so bad?

If Toronto had made the McDonagh trade at the deadline, and then this off-season signed a top pairing D, they would be a serious contender in the East. They need two major pieces for their blueline. A serious contender can't be giving important minutes to Jake Gardiner and a serious contender shouldn't be icing guys like Polak and Zatisev at all.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Matthews has to play centre and be a leader.

There is zero evidence whatsoever that Auston Matthews is a leader of any kind on this team. And, if he is supposed to be a leader, Brendan Shanahan better pull him aside and point out that things like "shit happens" aren't the kind of thing a "leader" should tell the press after his team has just been humiliated.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
come on

You can't discount the fact: Pastrnak played against men before the draft, Pastrnak played in the pros for two years before Mathews

Mathews is a better physical specimen and will likely become an absolute beast when it comes to controlling the play

You're making us look kinda bad continuing the beat this particular drum, pasta is awesome and a great player and easily the steal of the 2014 draft, additionally he is better than Nylander and more comparable to Mathews but he's not quite as physically/naturally talented as Mathews

No need to make stuff up. I'd rather have Pastrnak AND bergeron, Marchand, Heinen, DeBrusk , Donato etc than just Mathews/Nylander/Marner and that's all that needs to be said

Pasta had a good game. Good for him. I take Matthews every single time ainec. Having said all that I prefer Nylander to pasta. I love Nylander's zone entries which are elite. I think in five years when The leafs are still good and the bruins rebuilding will see the reverse in production. Once nylander fills out a bit and becomes a man Nylander will be better. But hey, that's just my Opinion and I could be wrong.

I would Much Rather have am34, nylander, marner, rielly , kadri and andersen than the players you mentioned heck, I would rather just have Matthews than all of the players you mentioned as Matthews is just a nudge below MacDavid, easily will be the second best player of his generation. Not to mention our front office which I prefer. But, yeah, I guess that's why you're a bruins fan and I'm a leafs fan right?

In all due respect, your team is NOT what I thought it was and not what we have been told or have seen all year when we played you. You're inspired, fast, intimidating and mean. Respect

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Boston won game 1 at home, as they are supposed. I don't get why they are getting so much credit for this. If you know anything about hockey and look at the 2 rosters, you know you are going to see this series tilt in the Leafs favour in a big way. Boston simply can't keep Matthews, Marner, Nylander at bay for more than 1 game.

I think a guy like Matthews uses Game 1 as a tune-up game. He's measuring how much space he will get, when he will get it, where he will get it... how Bergeron plays etc. Just testing the waters. He'll now adjust his game and dominate. This is how superstars play.
Back to the drawing board...

Or have you found any other brilliant explanation ?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Pasta had a good game. Good for him. I take Matthews every single time ainec. Having said all that I prefer Nylander to pasta. I love Nylander's zone entries which are elite. I think in five years when The leafs are still good and the bruins rebuilding will see the reverse in production. Once nylander fills out a bit and becomes a man Nylander will be better. But hey, that's just my Opinion and I could be wrong.

I would Much Rather have am34, nylander, marner, rielly , kadri and andersen than the players you mentioned heck, I would rather just have Matthews than all of the players you mentioned as Matthews is just a nudge below MacDavid, easily will be the second best player of his generation. Not to mention our front office which I prefer. But, yeah, I guess that's why you're a bruins fan and I'm a leafs fan right?

In all due respect, your team is NOT what I thought it was and not what we have been told or have seen all year when we played you. You're inspired, fast, intimidating and mean. Respect

I think you didn't imagine the Bruins to be like this because

"I prefer Nylander to pasta"

"I would Much Rather have am34, nylander, marner, rielly , kadri and andersen than the players you mentioned heck, I would rather just have Matthews than all of the players you mentioned as Matthews is just a nudge below MacDavid"

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod

Fun fact Nylander is 25 days older than Pasta. I think anyone taking Nylander over Pasta right now is just being glaringly ignorant of what one player is and what the other hasnt been to this point. Not saying Nylander can't become better or that he's not good.

But it's not like Pasta is 5 years older and 25lbs heavier, they are 1in and 4lbs apart in size. Nearly identical.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
What the hell did I just read?
Right? Poor kid has no idea what the hell he is talking about. Literally nobody has agreed with his asinine claim that a cup in a six team league if more difficult than a 30 team league.

It'll all be over in a few more games thankfully.

dagatcho1986

Oct 3, 2017
Ya, it's amazing how when 10s of thousands of people like a team...sometimes there are differing opinions. You know, there were also many many (including myself) fans saying we needed an upgrade.....funny how you never read "well Leafs fans did say they needed an upgrade" on here.....wonder why.
yet they offered a 2nd rounder for a top4 D..and refused to give up fair value (harmonic trade)...with banning at the helm, they could have offered a B prospect and got him

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I think you didn't imagine the Bruins to be like this because

"I prefer Nylander to pasta"

"I would Much Rather have am34, nylander, marner, rielly , kadri and andersen than the players you mentioned heck, I would rather just have Matthews than all of the players you mentioned as Matthews is just a nudge below MacDavid"

No its because we kicked the shit out of you this year. ALSO I think Marchand is overrated and overpaid. I also though Chara was done. I also saw you as a one trick pony with no depth. I do suspect a little bit of what we are seeing is Toronto losing not so much Boston Winning. I firmly suspect Boston was in Toronto's head, or we were so worried about tampa we lost sight of the fact that Boston is a good team.

I do not believe that Boston is as good as their record says. I also don't think Toronto is for real yet. We are too weak on D. I would much rather trade my second for Plek, go for it just to have our asses kicked because if we get stomped, the glaring defiances shown can be addressed much more than the 2nd round pick we gave up. In the end, if we get stomped by Boston, it could be the thing of everyones Nightmares in the next few years.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I also take Boston's young dcore over Toronto's.

McAvoy, Carlo, Krug(only 27), Gryz, and then a dump of prospects like Vaak, Zboril who all have 1st round talent.

Gardiner seems to be what he is, I expect Reilly to be a McDonaugh type #1 but he hasn't shown it yet this series.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No its because we kicked the **** out of you this year. ALSO I think Marchand is overrated and overpaid. I also though Chara was done. I also saw you as a one trick pony with no depth. I do suspect a little bit of what we are seeing is Toronto losing not so much Boston Winning. I firmly suspect Boston was in Toronto's head, or we were so worried about tampa we lost sight of the fact that Boston is a good team.

I do not believe that Boston is as good as their record says. I also don't thunk Toronto is for real yet. We are too weak on D. I would much rather trade my second for Plek, go for it just to have our asses kicked because if we get stomped, the glaring defiances shown can be addressed much more than the 2nd round pick we gave up. In the end, if we get stomped by Boston, it could be the thing of everyones Nightmares in the next few years.
Since when does beating a team during the year, have anything to do with beating that team in the playoffs??

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
No its because we kicked the **** out of you this year. I also though Chara was done. I also saw you as a one trick pony with no depth. I firmly suspect Boston was in Toronto's head, or we were so worried about tampa we lost sight of the fact that Boston is a good team.

I do not believe that Boston is as good as their record says. I also don't think Toronto is for real yet. We are too weak on D. I would much rather trade my second for Plek, go for it just to have our asses kicked because if we get stomped, the glaring defiances shown can be addressed much more than the 2nd round pick we gave up. In the end, if we get stomped by Boston, it could be the thing of everyones Nightmares in the next few years.

"ALSO I think Marchand is overrated and overpaid."

"I do suspect a little bit of what we are seeing is Toronto losing not so much Boston Winning."

Thicc blue and white glasses.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Could AM be the type of player that gets you to the playoffs, and Pasta be the type to get you through, the playoffs?

Eh. Matthews looked solid last year in his playoffs debut. TML is just completed outclassed right now. I doubt if you swap Matthews with Pasta right now that Toronto is rolling with P putting up a boatload of points.

Pasta is a great player and Bruins have found lightning in a bottle with that top line. Looking quite scary right now.

Reactions: Conormcjesus

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
No its because we kicked the **** out of you this year. ALSO I think Marchand is overrated and overpaid. I also though Chara was done. I also saw you as a one trick pony with no depth. I do suspect a little bit of what we are seeing is Toronto losing not so much Boston Winning. I firmly suspect Boston was in Toronto's head, or we were so worried about tampa we lost sight of the fact that Boston is a good team.

I'm not even close to being a bruins fan

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Fun fact Nylander is 25 days older than Pasta. I think anyone taking Nylander over Pasta right now is just being glaringly ignorant of what one player is and what the other hasnt been to this point. Not saying Nylander can't become better or that he's not good.

But it's not like Pasta is 5 years older and 25lbs heavier, they are 1in and 4lbs apart in size. Nearly identical.

Well I am emotionally invested in my guys so there is that. I can admit it. A lot of people on here are not honest. I am especially with myself. Imagine if Nonis was allowed to do what he wanted and I am sitting here saying Ritchie is better? Yikes.

To the above poster, Sorry. I am getting quoted all over and am Losing track of who, what, when , where and how right now.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

"I do suspect a little bit of what we are seeing is Toronto losing not so much Boston Winning."

I sincerely hope there’s either some prescription for that type of issue

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
yet they offered a 2nd rounder for a top4 D..and refused to give up fair value (harmonic trade)...with banning at the helm, they could have offered a B prospect and got him
Um...in the actual real world...they offered JVR (36 goals this season) and a 1st for Hamonic...they backed away when Snow wanted another pick. I am not sure what 2nd rounder for top 4D offer you are talking about.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017

Hey, we will see. If we come back, Matthews scores six goals and has 10 assists in the next five games then who's right? We will see. Either way , whoever wins has f***ing Tampa waiting for them.

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
I also take Boston's young dcore over Toronto's.

McAvoy, Carlo, Krug(only 27), Gryz, and then a dump of prospects like Vaak, Zboril who all have 1st round talent.

Gardiner seems to be what he is, I expect Reilly to be a McDonaugh type #1 but he hasn't shown it yet this series.

Bruins young D is better than leafs for sure. Leafs D has been a train wreck first 2 games.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Please expand on why you think Brad Marchand is overpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad