ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
It's funny to see caps fans act all high and mighty like they dont choke in the playoffs all the time. Columbus doesnt have a big playoff history but they are usually a low seed and still a young franchise in the NHL. Haven't even been around for 20 years yet. I like Ovechkin and the caps. But get real. You have just as much a chance to lose this series as you have every other year when you play a team like this years blue jackets.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
By the end CBJ fans will be ripping the Caps board to pieces. They will be calling Tom Wilson the dirtiest player in the history of hockey and throwing second round loser insults. You know it.
I already hate Tom Wilson, so do I already have some sort of advantage in that regard? :)

Generally the Caps are one of my favorite teams to cheer for and watch other than the Jackets though, so I have no problems with them, and losing to them would not sting nearly as much as losing to the Pens again. That just leaves a turn in my stomach every time it happens. But yeah, I really hate Tom Wilson, and have for years.

Looking forward to an entertaining series!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
This wont be an easy series for either side. Feel like the Caps have something to prove, but so do the Jackets. Feel like nobody comes out of this one alive but Ill choose the Caps in 6.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Been following THG for awhile on YouTube. Extremely informative and a very, very good follow. Here is his take on our playoff series:

He tried....

But Djoos likely doesn't see the lineup unless there is an emergency and he completely left Jerabek off his board. He also didn't seem to understand that we were resting Oshie, so he will be playing. I get it's hard to speak in depth about other teams so I won't give him too hard of a time, he did better than I would have.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
You gotta wonder who's spot foligno takes. The 1st and 3rd lines of Cam, PLD and Bread and Boone, Wenny, and Vanek are rolling right now.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
You gotta wonder who's spot foligno takes. The 1st and 3rd lines of Cam, PLD and Bread and Boone, Wenny, and Vanek are rolling right now.
This is the lineup I'm hoping for, and I assume I'm not alone amongst Jackets fans:

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Jenner-Wennberg-Vanek
Milano-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Letestu-Anderson

All 4 lines can score and every line with the exception of the third I would trust defensively against the Caps best forwards. I love the 4th line in this scenario.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
This is the lineup I'm hoping for, and I assume I'm not alone amongst Jackets fans:

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Jenner-Wennberg-Vanek
Milano-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Letestu-Anderson

All 4 lines can score and every line with the exception of the third I would trust defensively against the Caps best forwards. I love the 4th line in this scenario.
Wonder what Torts is thinking. Dubi could slot into that 3rd center and slide Foligno over to wing if Milano is in too deep in game 2. I do like Milano in the line up to see if his creativity pays off. Too many turnovers and he will be riding pine.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
As everyone before me said, it'll be a tough series. In my opinion, both teams are pretty equal, both have something to prove and no history against each other - so here, extra motivation. Caps are not the strongest team like in the past 2 years, Jackets are not a weak team anymore. Caps are a veteran team and Jackets are young and upcoming. So hard to predict. For sure, it'll be a hard entertaining series! No sweeps and pure dominance by any team. Whoever wins it will deserve so. Of course, as a caps fan, I hope the swings will go our way! Let's go, the jackets!

Reactions: shtorm2005

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Wonder what Torts is thinking. Dubi could slot into that 3rd center and slide Foligno over to wing if Milano is in too deep in game 2. I do like Milano in the line up to see if his creativity pays off. Too many turnovers and he will be riding pine.
I absolutely agree. To start though, I think we need a guy in the lineup with Milano's knack for being in the right place at the right time. But if he can't handle the physicality of the playoffs, I'd put Dubi in. My issue with Dubi is that he really doesn't really do anything better than what Foligno, Letestu, or PLD can already do.

Reactions: Jaxs

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I absolutely agree. To start though, I think we need a guy in the lineup with Milano's knack for being in the right place at the right time. But if he can't handle the physicality of the playoffs, I'd put Dubi in. My issue with Dubi is that he really doesn't really do anything better than what Foligno, Letestu, or PLD can already do.
This is true. He will bring experience having been through the battle many times before. He has been bad this year and ironically he played one of his best games the other night. That will be fresh in Tort's head.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Some posters here need to reign it in a bit. The Caps don't "choke" every playoffs, they lose to very good teams and it's usually very close in a game 7. Let's be honest, the playoff bracket is brutal regardless of the round you're in.

This will be a close, tough series, I have no doubt. I'm glad we can look forward to creating a possible new rivalry between these two clubs, instead of the same ole match ups.

Homerhawk

Aug 15, 2007
It's funny to see caps fans act all high and mighty like they dont choke in the playoffs all the time. Columbus doesnt have a big playoff history but they are usually a low seed and still a young franchise in the NHL. Haven't even been around for 20 years yet. I like Ovechkin and the caps. But get real. You have just as much a chance to lose this series as you have every other year when you play a team like this years blue jackets.

NO ONE knows the Caps post season failures better than Caps fans. We've been let down (crushed is more like it) and humiliated as much as any other fans...anywhere....ever. People like to read one or to comments emoting a little confidence and criticize Caps fans as "high and mighty". But they have won a few series in their day, and they are still a consistently good team with a lot of skill and experience. On paper they have an edge in this series, but it should be a pretty good match up.

saxonmiller

May 26, 2017
Winnipeg
This is my only true "upset" of the 1st round.I have CBJ in 7 games, and the end of the Trotz era in Washington. I am excited to see how the Norris-calibre Seth Jones and his stellar D core match up against the vaunted Washington attack. I like BOB over Holtby/Grubauer also.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This is my only true "upset" of the 1st round.I have CBJ in 7 games, and the end of the Trotz era in Washington. I am excited to see how the Norris-calibre Seth Jones and his stellar D core match up against the vaunted Washington attack. I like BOB over Holtby/Grubauer also.
I'm curious to see how Washingtons D holds up to the Jackets offense. They have been absolutely on fire since the deadline and Panarin was one of the leagues top scorers from the deadline on.

Reactions: saxonmiller

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
Milano possibly not playing wouldn't be a surprise. Hes not a playoff player right now. JJ is a bit of a surprise with how well hes usually played in the playoffs.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's funny to see caps fans act all high and mighty like they dont choke in the playoffs all the time..

Who said that? High and mighty? A Caps fan? Now I suppose you can call losing to the Penguins the past two seasons a choke. I am not sure that's fair, but ok. I will stipulate that they choke every playoffs. That said, they have only choked to a lower seed in the first round. once in the Ovechkin era. Montreal and the same thing that killed the Caps that year killed the Penguins in the next round.

Can you give me another example of an Ov era first round choke?

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

The vaunted Capitals attack? Are you reading last seasons stats page? The Caps are 9th in goals for. 7th on the power play. The vaunted wears 8 on his sweater and that is all that is scary about the Caps offense this season. They don't outscore anyone

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad