Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
It would be a good time for Freddie to not give up a softie

I feel like the Leafs will win tomorrow and I pick Boston in 5. The Leafs were the better team the past two games.

My goodness Nashville and Nashville North is going to be the best series of the playoffs.

Go Preds
It’s going to be a great second round between that series and Tampa Toronto

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
I did the drive again. Left at 3 and made it to Boston for game 5. I want to be at every game this series. Hoping Gards can keep it together and play an error free game. I felt like puking when he gambled in 2nd on pinch with 3 leafs forwards deep on the forecheck and Boston's best 2 players playing high for break in a 1-1 game. Then after he pinches he says to press yeah i know i should have taken the man out after missing the puck. I knew i had no support when i made my decision. No dah. F8ck that was taught to all of us as atoms. If you miss the puck on a pinch then hit the forward and take a penalty. Mental midget errors here. But then again he never played defence as a kid so he is used to thoughts of a centre. Hard to change positions in college i think. Anyways i know he got a very late start as a defence but the learning curve is taking forever. He is atypical of defence. Even Rielly switched to d in his minor bantam year so he only has a few years of defence too. Dermott on the other hand played defence from day 1. You can see it. Go Leafs Go!

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I did the drive again. Left at 3 and made it to Boston for game 5. I want to be at every game this series. Hoping Gards can keep it together and play an error free game. I felt like puking when he gambled in 2nd on pinch with 3 leafs forwards deep on the forecheck and Boston's best 2 players playing high for break in a 1-1 game. Then after he pinches he says to press yeah i know i should have taken the man out after missing the puck. I knew i had no support when i made my decision. No dah. F8ck that was taught to all of us as atoms. If you miss the puck on a pinch then hit the forward and take a penalty. Mental midget errors here. But then again he never played defence as a kid so he is used to thoughts of a centre. Hard to change positions in college i think. Anyways i know he got a very late start as a defence but the learning curve is taking forever. He is atypical of defence. Even Rielly switched to d in his minor bantam year so he only has a few years of defence too. Dermott on the other hand played defence from day 1. You can see it. Go Leafs Go!
You're a committed fan. 9 hours of driving for me is an absolute no-no.

I seriously hope the Leafs don't let us down.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Both Colorado and Philly extended their series. Will the Leafs be able to do the same ?

Andy can't be an average goalie. The D is to terrible for that. He's gonna have to be outstanding Freddy not 5 Goals with Freddy Freddy.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm in a foul mood so I'm staying away from the main boards. It's dump and shit on the Leafs again (did we expect anything different?) I just want a win tonight, I don't care if it's a close win or a blowout (although that would be kind of fun).

Also they have no variance to their GDT, it's all the same images from last time, but how dare we 'steal' their lineup image.

See...foul mood,

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
But their weakness is speed and the fact that they only have one line. We were the perfect opponent to expose their weakness too. We have speed and offensive depth.

We needed to beat them with speed and skill. Except Babcock has never embraced this aspect of our team and he relies on grinders like Hyman and Plekanec in our top 6. Babcock tried to match them physically and that was a big mistake. We needed guys like Kapanen and Johnsson in our top 6, except Babcock kept them on our 4th line while slower players were in the top 9.

This is why despite our possession, we had a hard time creating good chances GM1 and Gm2...
It explains why Marner, AJ, Kap, Dermott, Reilly have success more than the other..Speed.

It is very weird listing the above players and not being able to add Matthews and Nylander. They do have line 1 duties, but to be 100% nullified?

Babs only adjustment, was in GM4 when it was arguably too late... Not horribly, but late nonetheless.

Coaching is a huge part of why we are behind 3-1, despite outplaying the bruins.
Combine that with some players coasting, and a shaky goalie.
3-1...
If it werent for our Raw Talent, it'd be a blowout sweep like none other in decades.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Leafs are going to have to come out again early and punch Boston in the mouth by scoring early.

Reactions: AppsSyl

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
This is why despite our possession, we had a hard time creating good chances GM1 and Gm2...
It explains why Marner, AJ, Kap, Dermott, Reilly have success more than the other..Speed.

It is very weird listing the above players and not being able to add Matthews and Nylander. They do have line 1 duties, but to be 100% nullified?

Babs only adjustment, was in GM4 when it was arguably too late... Not horribly, but late nonetheless.

Coaching is a huge part of why we are behind 3-1, despite outplaying the bruins.
Combine that with some players coasting, and a shaky goalie.
3-1...
If it werent for our Raw Talent, it'd be a blowout sweep like none other in decades.
actually babs put pleks with marner in game 3 and he was a major reason we won, try to give SOME credit when its due :thumbd:

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Bozak JVR Kapanen line came up with a clutch goal this game but I feel like they should be played like a fourth line (with the exception of Kap). JVR especially slows us down drastically

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Bozak JVR Kapanen line came up with a clutch goal this game but I feel like they should be played like a fourth line (with the exception of Kap). JVR especially slows us down drastically

well, they were the 4th line tonight.

5v5

Matthews 13:49 / Brown 12:07 / Hyman 11:33
Kadri 12:37 / Nylander 12:22 / Johnsson 12:15
Pleks 12:10 / Marner 13:42 / Marleau 13:37
Bozak 9:55 / Kapanen 9:31 / VanRyk 9:16

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar

5v5

Just looking at these lines tells us this is desperation hockey.

It seems to be working. Lets see if it continues to work.

Go Leafs Go!

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Fun fact: Leafs have scored 13 goals so far this series. Brad Marchand has been on the ice for 9 of them. Torey Krug, 7. "Best defensive forward of all time" Bergeron was on for 6 of them.

Reactions: dsred and SAMCRO44

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Updated Series Stats - shot attempts for (cf), scoring chances for (scf), goals for (gf)

5v5 Score adjusted

TOR 49.7cf% - BOS 50.3cf%
TOR 50.5scf% - BOS 49.5cf%
TOR 41.6gf% - BOS 58.4gf%

PP

TOR 3:02/gm, 126.5cf/60, 75.1scf/60, 11.9gf/60
BOS: 5:47/gm, 101.5cf/60, 64.2scf/60, 12.4gf/60

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
PP

TOR 3:02/gm, 126.5cf/60, 75.1scf/60, 11.9gf/60
BOS: 5:47/gm, 101.5cf/60, 64.2scf/60, 12.4gf/60

:laugh: Boston has nearly twice the PP opportunities that we get...

Just absurd. It seems like for much of the year, the Leafs don't get the same respect as other top clubs around the league... hopefully this changes next season.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
What is wrong with the goal announcer in Boston? Every time Boston has scored he makes a really annoying sound, have to mute my TV.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
What is wrong with the goal announcer in Boston? Every time Boston has scored he makes a really annoying sound, have to mute my TV.
If you're talking about the "woo". They, and a bunch of other teams, stole it from Carolina and have been using it for years.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010

5v5

Even with the fewest minutes, it's worth noting that JVR and Bozak got 2 goals last night, and 5 of our 13 goals so far.
They get so little credit on here for what they do....

Reactions: GrizzLeaf

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Their top line isn't scary 5 on 5 with Berg playing hurt. 2 of Bostons goals were fourth line and one off some weird bounce off the glass. Even their third goal was sort of fluke. They can't rely on this production going forward. We have these guys beat if the refs stay out of it and Andersen stays in form.

We keep bashing our guys....look at theirs. Teams that came in ready for the playoffs like Bolts, Preds, Sharks, Knights etc. would have swept the Bruins 4-0 by now.

If we scored while in possession of the play in game 4 we'd have already won 3 in a row. All 3 games were ours to have. You can argue if we had Kadri in game 4, the result would have been different. Well we have him now, so 2 more wins without a loss is doable.

Krejci has checked out, Nash61 is a non-threat and you can see why DeBrusk is a tier below our big 3 whenever he shoots wildly instead of slowing down to make a play. Unless he's getting open looks near the crease he's not a threat. Half of their D is playing like ass. McAvoy is asleep. Krug stinking it up in his own zone. Chara showing his age.

Only time these guys have me nervous and standing out of my seat because I have to much anxiety to sit, is when they're on the PP or goalie pulled.

Next two games will be possession driven by us. If we can bury our chances again we'll be seeing Tampa next round.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
We have these guys beat if the refs stay out of it and Andersen stays in GOD form.
edited for accuracy.

4 even lines.
100% track meet hockey.
Pinching, Leaving the Zone early.
Dont fear trading odd man rushes.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The crazy thing is that despite missing Kadri for 3 games, Freddy not showing up until last night, Matthews and Nylander being non factors, and the refs having a clear bias against us in a few games, we could still be up 3-2 in this series.

Unfortunately, we have zero margin for error now.

Reactions: zeke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad