Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I don't think it makes sense to change up the lines just because you're at home. Keep them the same, IMO. Go with what got you 4 goals last game.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
With Willy though I have no idea whats going on.
Part of it is puck luck. Nothing he is involved in ends up in the net, even the great chances. When his defensive play started a rush goal, he got the third assist. He missed his great chance, he set up Johnsson for a high percentage slot shot, he was involved in a few more scoring chances in the game. He could easily have walked out of last game with two points. It's the same way with Matthews.

As long as they are involved in creating scoring chances, it'll eventually start going in.

Edit: I should say that with puck luck, I'm talking about just the overall ebb and flow of conversion rates, not actual luck per se.

Last edited:

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Part of it is puck luck. Nothing he is involved in ends up in the net, even the great chances. When his defensive play started a rush goal, he got the third assist. He missed his great chance, he set up Johnsson for a high percentage slot shot, he was involved in a few more scoring chances in the game. He could easily have walked out of last game with two points. It's the same way with Matthews.

As long as they are involved in creating scoring chances, it'll eventually start going in.
I don't believe in "puck luck" at all. Hard work creates "puck luck".

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Edit: I should say that with puck luck, I'm talking about just the overall ebb and flow of conversion rates, not actual luck per se.

Plus with the increased focus on abusing the stretch pass, it takes away his strongest asset in his controlled zone entries. If we were playing our usual regular season style, he'd have picked up a few phantom assists skating into the zone and curling back to feed the slot or the point and no one would be hollering about his compete level. We'd have a few posts in the Nylander thread about how he's doing ok but you'd like to see more and that would have been the end of it.

Reactions: great

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The Leafs are playing north south hockey.

Get it out, off the glass or stretch pass. Dump it in and go chase it.

They do not rush the puck anymore the last three games.

Only Matthews still tries to rush the puck a little. Every time he looks up in the neutral zone with the puck, there are already 5 guys in front of him or beside. Might as well handle it for a moment before dumping it in.

Seems like the strategy is to make the Boston defense skate back for the puck, and go chase them. They do not deviate from trying to slow Toronto by sticking close to them. Not sure if that will work for Boston.

It has not worked for three games. They need the breaks for that too work. Last night they got all the calls and all the breaks and were just plain beat.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Any chance the waffle returns tomorrow if Leafs play tank mode and lose 100-0.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
We could have won gave 4 at home and lost game 5 and would be trailing 3-2 in the series just the same.
But I would argue that this is better. Because we know we can win at home. Now we know that we can also win in Boston.

Think tomorrow. One thing I want you to do for us

Win

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We will rock this boat so motherfreakin hard nobody will even notice. We gon smash that thang in so hard they won't even recognize whom hit them. We are that puff right now mayne. We got that polak twerk, komarov smirk, that kadri chirp and that marleau blurb so we can truly do that thang off real good. They be gone soon mayne, oh yeah, they be gone mayne.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Last night I noticed Bruins were all gassed at the end of the game. They took all time in the world to set for faceoffs even if that was on Leafs icing calls. I think we might see tough schedule for season end finally catching to them. Skate Leafs Skate!!! Skate bruins into the ground!

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Im a firm believer that overcoming that 4-1 curse was huge for them mentally. Leafs come out flying tomorrow and win.
Anyones game in 7.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Both teams who were trailing 3-2 lost at home to end the series. And they lost badly.

Good thing Toronto is not philly and good thing Toronto is not Colorado. We are better than both of those teams.

Let’s go boys! Take it back to Boston!

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Last night I noticed Bruins were all gassed at the end of the game. They took all time in the world to set for faceoffs even if that was on Leafs icing calls. I think we might see tough schedule for season end finally catching to them. Skate Leafs Skate!!! Skate bruins into the ground!
If the leafs skate the way they can, they dominate. It was shown in the first half of game 5. Come out hard and grind Boston to the ground

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Both teams who were trailing 3-2 lost at home to end the series. And they lost badly.

Good thing Toronto is not philly and good thing Toronto is not Colorado. We are better than both of those teams.

Let’s go boys! Take it back to Boston!
i voted on main board thread for toronto/columbus. those 2 series are the ones that should go 7..im right so far :P

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Initiate don't retaliate against Rat, Backass and Lurch - especially
Whatever we did in the 1st period of game 5 keep doing that.
We don't need head games, we don't need to out physical them.
What we did was always be were they were. They could not make a move without a Leaf or 2 on them. Zero time and space and always force them.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Whatever we did in the 1st period of game 5 keep doing that.
We don't need head games, we don't need to out physical them.
What we did was always be were they were. They could not make a move without a Leaf or 2 on them. Zero time and space and always force them.
when we outhit them though its usually when we are most successful, because it means our forwards are getting into their defense and creating turn overs by being fast and physical.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Teams are falling like flies. Hope the Leafs buck that trend. Need a strong start, speed will end up being huge going forward. The longer the series goes, the more our speed will swing the games in our favour. I expect Kapenen to score a clutch goal too.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

Of course they were gassed, they were on the PP for almost a period, 3/4 of the Leafs were frozen to the bench in the 2nd. Had trouble thawing in the 3rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad