Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Updated Series Stats - shot attempts for (cf), scoring chances for (scf), goals for (gf)

5v5 Score adjusted

TOR 49.7cf% - BOS 50.3cf%
TOR 50.5scf% - BOS 49.5cf%
TOR 41.6gf% - BOS 58.4gf%

PP

TOR 3:02/gm, 126.5cf/60, 75.1scf/60, 11.9gf/60
BOS: 5:47/gm, 101.5cf/60, 64.2scf/60, 12.4gf/60

Has there ever been such a ridiculous discrepancy regarding a special teams advantage in a playoff series?

They are basically averaging twice the power play minutes compared to us thus far. Is anyone going to tell me with a straight face that one of the dirtiest teams in the league has earned that privilege against us?

What an absolute f---ing joke.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AeoYvjP.png

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Woohoo, a win in game 5 despite everything in the last 30 minutes!

On to Toronto for game 6. Please win Monday and get to game 7!

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Crowd was jumping in game 3 but not game 4; hopefully they bring it in game 6.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No changes is the way to go I think. Obviously Babs isn't going to come out and say what he's going to do, but I expect the same lineup

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I think the most important thing about yesterday, other than keeping the season alive, is the fact they won on the road. Now this was far from a well played win, and if they play like that again, they will lose. But I think it helps mentally. TD Garden has been a house of horrors from Game 7 in 2013 and then Games 1 and 2. Get a win there in the books and now you know you can win in that building, which you will need to do again to win the series.

Reactions: Mugzy97

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Does everyone still think we should get rid of Bozak and JVR? They came up big for us in game 5 and I want them both back. Our depth takes a serious hit with them gone. JVR is a lock for 30+ goals for at least a few more seasons. Bozak wins faceoffs and is above average offensively. They were key to having the #2 PP.

They might buy into a home town discount because their chance of winning is much higher here than the clubs that will offer them contracts.

It just won't feel like the Leafs without them in the lineup.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just put all the focus on Game 6. It's the same situation. Win or you are done. Hopefully they can bring that desperation out again and find a way to come out on top. That's all they can do right now. Get out there with their best roster and go for it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
When all is said and done we are very due for a full 60 minute performance without bounces going the Bruins way everytime.

I think we win game 6 in convincing fashion.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Have to think the Leafs are going to bring it at home tomorrow for game 6. We lost our chance to tie the series up at home in game 4 and we get a second shot at it tomorrow. Its do or die for this team so they've got desperation on their side.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
The crazy thing is that despite missing Kadri for 3 games, Freddy not showing up until last night, Matthews and Nylander being non factors, and the refs having a clear bias against us in a few games, we could still be up 3-2 in this series.

Unfortunately, we have zero margin for error now.
freddy was fantastic in game 3

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
When all is said and done we are very due for a full 60 minute performance without bounces going the Bruins way everytime.

I think we win game 6 in convincing fashion.

I think fueled by the officiating of last game and by the probable fact that the game will be officiated correctly due to blowback. We should be in good shape to have a fair motivated game,.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Does everyone still think we should get rid of Bozak and JVR? They came up big for us in game 5 and I want them both back. Our depth takes a serious hit with them gone. JVR is a lock for 30+ goals for at least a few more seasons. Bozak wins faceoffs and is above average offensively. They were key to having the #2 PP.

They might buy into a home town discount because their chance of winning is much higher here than the clubs that will offer them contracts.

I appreciate what they have done for the Leafs but there is really no scenario where it makes sense to commit to either one long term. The dollars really don't matter that much it is the term....If either was willing to take a one or two year contract then it would make sense. But there is basically a zero chance that they take that short of term. They will both be playing else where next season. Our depth really won't take much of a hit though, we will just have to lean on other players instead.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica

sorry but one good game from them doesnt change the fact that they have been invisible offensively 5v5 the other 4 games and are still a gong show in their own end. bozak i will give some credit to, at least this series hes showed some heart. but at the end of the day these are not the vets that i want teaching our younger kids the finer points of the game. to each his own though

Reactions: ToneDog

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
freddy was fantastic in game 3
He was mostly solid in game 3.

I would never say a goalie was “fantastic” on a game where he lets in a momentum killing bullshit mostly unscreened wrist shot from the blueline.

But he held the fort in the third making up for it.

Yesterday I’d agree he played flat out fantastic.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
The dream is still alive for a game 7 win in Boston. Don't know if I can handle a game 7 where the leafs come back to win after being down by a couple goals.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Matthews was much better last night. But due to all the penalties in the 2nd it seemed like he missed most of the period.

Nylander I'd agree - need more from him with whatever center he's with.
Adding two grinders alongside matthews was a huge help.
With Willy though I have no idea whats going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad