Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonman

Jul 3, 2015
if we go with the practice lines from today, we're going to lose.

komatose ruins line one, and hyman won't fit in with marner. we are basically neutralizing our two scoring lines.

we're doing to need that fourth line to really dominate and hopefully chip in a goal.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Remember earlier this year when Martin ,Matthews, and Marner were together for half a game and the team exploded for 6 goals?
Well the next day at practice Babcock had them together again.....and we all thought that they would stay that way?
Well, when the game started Hyman was back with Matthews..
So I wouldn't be surprised if Hyman starts with him again tomorrow night.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Those lines look ugly. I hate our chances tomorrow.

But I still think we can win at home without Kadri. At home I expect Nylander at centre, likely with Marner. We can win like that with last change.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Remember earlier this year when Martin ,Matthews, and Marner were together for half a game and the team exploded for 6 goals?
Well the next day at practice Babcock had them together again.....and we all thought that they would stay that way?
Well, when the game started Hyman was back with Matthews..
So I wouldn't be surprised if Hyman starts with him again tomorrow night.

This essentially it. I have hard time believing Hyman leaves Matthews line. He'll start with Komo but at some point he's going to go back to Hyman being with Matthews

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'd like to see Nylander at center instead of Marleau.

Hyman -- Matthews -- Marner
Marleau -- Nylander -- Johnsson
van Reimsdyk -- Bozak -- Kapanen
Komarov -- Plekanec -- Brown <-- Shorten the Bench. Do not play more than 7-8 minutes.

See thats exactly the lineup I would put out in game 2. Just let the 4th line be the shutdown line, and let the other three lines to score goals.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Don't worry! Once we are down 3-0 we have Boston right where we want them.

3-1 last time and they barely escaped.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
So Flyers dismantle the Pens after total team failure 7-0 loss.

But I guess the Leafs are so trash they have no chance to get their game back together. Series lost in 1 game.

Reactions: egd27 and Pi

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
So the pens were down late and pulled the goalie...
And who goes out there?...Crosby,Malkin, and kessel......their 3 stars..
But what does their coach know about hockey? How many Stanley cups has he won?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So Flyers dismantle the Pens after total team failure 7-0 loss.

But I guess the Leafs are so trash they have no chance to get their game back together. Series lost in 1 game.

Yeah their centre depth this year is worse than ours considering Giroux mainly plays wing. Nolan Patrick is their #2C.

Even with suspension the Leafs have better depth. They can win without Kadri. I don’t get the doom and gloom.

There’s no way every Leaf forgot how to play hockey. They will come back in this series.

Reactions: Havoc

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
We need to take over the game early. Boston is still struggling in the first period and we are the best first period team in the league. The key is to jump on them early, something we definitely did NOT do last night. Need to start strong.

daner

Feb 18, 2009
Watching other teams playoff series why must we be pretty much the only team that doesnt stack their #1 PP?Instead Matthews and Nylander must play with Komarov.

I understand we were successful in the regular season but when things are going dry why not give it a chance?

Mar 26, 2010
Babcock is failing miserably. Failure to adapt. Bruins in 4.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If Komarov really does start with Matthews and Nylander tomorrow it'll only confirm what I've thought all along (although I really doubt it, it'll be Hyman).

I don't doubt that we have the best young talent in the league but it really is held back by an utter moron of a coach. Just like Darryl Sutter the game is past his understanding, the game has turned into something he's not used to and he refuses to adapt. he's imposing the game from 10 years ago on the current inception. He's a coach who wants his lines to be composed of X, Y and Z, and he doesn't care if he's not optimizing talent, it needs to fit his X, Y and Z composition no matter what.

I have no doubt he was once an elite coach (although he could have gotten much more out of the Wings success wise, that team was stacked beyond belief), he's not anymore, and it's become extremely apparent to those with the eyes to see.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don’t like Komarov on the top line, and can’t defend it, but anyone suggesting Babcock doesn’t “understand” the game is kidding themselves

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If Leo Komarov is going to play with Matthews, can he please at least score a goal and show us why the coach likes this buffoon so much?

He doesn’t hit anymore, he doesn’t skate fast anymore, he’s the worst possession player on our team and he will be with our best player.

A 4th liner that doesn’t even crack our team if the Leafs were smarter with their lineups. Just f***ing do something tomorrow night or get the f*** off this team.

Knowing the Leafs, I’ll just be glad if the next contract we sign him to is less than three years.

I don’t like Komarov on the top line, and can’t defend it, but anyone suggesting Babcock doesn’t “understand” the game is kidding themselves

Over the past seven years, all Babcock has shown is that he’s a very good regular season coach.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah their centre depth this year is worse than ours considering Giroux mainly plays wing. Nolan Patrick is their #2C.

Even with suspension the Leafs have better depth. They can win without Kadri. I don’t get the doom and gloom.

There’s no way every Leaf forgot how to play hockey. They will come back in this series.

This was the perfect scenario for the usual negative nancies

I was very disappointed, looking forward to that game for days only to end up turning it off early.

However, some people need to get a grip.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
This was the perfect scenario for the usual negative nancies

I was very disappointed, looking forward to that game for days only to end up turning it off early.

However, some people need to get a grip.
Mentioned it before, but if Boston hard matches the Bergeron line to Matthews, offloading Komarov on the Matthews line gives you: a) the ability to have Komarov on Marchand and b) improves your other lines by not having Komarov on them (ie having Johansson on there instead). Theoretically your lower line depth is much better and is an advantage. Then your top line getting neutralized isn’t as big a deal, as long as that line can hold its own against the Bergeron line and not let them get 500 goals.

Reactions: egd27 and IBeL34f
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad