Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
which is fine. i mean. i said what i wanted, AJ in there too.
i just feel the whole team sucked last night, so it wouldn't have made a difference.

the hope will be, that
A: Kadri doesn't get suspended
B: Johnssson still draws in.
C: Komarov doesn't play.

or.
A: Kadri is only suspended for 1 game
B: Johnsson has like a huge game that it will be beyond dumbo to take him out (again)
C: Komarov doesn't play when Kadri comes back.

Lol watch the Kadri suspension be the defining blessing in disguise to ignite this team... like the sudden Kadri + Marner chemistry that took us on a 10+ win streak.

The line combos click and we see AJ and Kappy fly with 29, 16 and 34.

Babcock will be heralded as genius once again :laugh: lets hope this comes true

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Bergeron has shut down better players than AM, so it's up to the rest of the team has to step up. They didn't last night. We'll get our line matchups back in Toronto, provided Kadri can play. I have my doubts. If Doughty got a game, I fear Naz is getting a couple, at least.

All that said, we're winning tomorrow night.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
How Matthews, Marner and Nylander respond this series will be very telling, and could influence contract talks this summer.
Among them only Nylander needs a contract for next season, so technically they can wait on Matthews and Marner if they wanted to.

However when someone like Jack Eichel signs for 8 years with a $10 million AAV considering he's done a lot less in his career to warrant that type of contract, that's what at least Matthews agent will bring up as a comparable contract and not how he played in the playoffs.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Among them only Nylander needs a contract for next season, so technically they can wait on Matthews and Marner if they wanted to.

However when someone like Jack Eichel signs for 8 years with a $10 million AAV considering he's done a lot less in his career to warrant that type of contract, that's what at least Matthews agent will bring up as a comparable contract and not how he played in the playoffs.

But you'd be damn sure the Leafs will bring playoff performance into it.

Leon Draisatl had 16 points in 13 games prior to his extension.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Bergeron has shut down better players than AM, so it's up to the rest of the team has to step up. They didn't last night. We'll get our line matchups back in Toronto, provided Kadri can play. I have my doubts. If Doughty got a game, I fear Naz is getting a couple, at least.

All that said, we're winning tomorrow night.
That's the attitude.

What annoys me of some of the hot takes on here with a twist of post 2013 game 7 meltdown whining and have already packed it in.

Just chill -- it's only been Game 1!

Mar 26, 2010
How Matthews, Marner and Nylander respond this series will be very telling, and could influence contract talks this summer.
They won't do shit. None will even record 1 point in the series. Rask with the shut out in game 2 coming up.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
So after a game where Hyman is actually the best forward on the ice, it's now that he experiments with removing him from the line, and considers replacing him with Komarov of all people.

There's just nothing to be said about that.

Babs is just playing the odds.

Hyman is the best forward about every 40 games so the odds of him doing it twice in a row are pretty long.......and Komorov is probably due after going 0-83 so far.

Reactions: TimeZone

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
It's the fact that Babcock has other options he could use on Matthews line instead of Komarov. If he wanted to change it because I think it was fine leaving Hyman with them, why not try someone like JVR?

Because it's ****ing stupid to put Komarov on the first line.

Without Kadri, you could still do the following if you wanted to make minimal impact on the existing lineup:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Marleau - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Brown
Komarov - Plek - Kapanen

I'd prefer swapping Kappy and Brown but whatever, this would keep things intact.

I don't like the Komarov move, but I get it.

It could possibly buy Matthews more room, and if Cassidy is chasing the Bergeron-Matthews matchup like he was in game 1, it puts the only Leaf capable of pushing back on Marchand, on Matthews line as he goes up against Marchand.

If that lines struggles to contain again, I'd look to move things around, but let's see how it plays out.

I kind of think with the Komarov move to Matthews line, Babcock is stealthily having a look at the 4th line the way we all want it with Johnsson-Plekanec-Kapanen to see if it is effective against the B's. Also, he probably wants to force Cassidy to choose between putting the Bergeron line on a weakened Matthews line or on the Marner line.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I kind of think with the Komarov move to Matthews line, Babcock is stealthily having a look at the 4th line the way we all want it with Johnsson-Plekanec-Kapanen to see if it is effective against the B's. Also, he probably wants to force Cassidy to choose between putting the Bergeron line on a weakened Matthews line or on the Marner line.
The only issue is how bad Plekanec is playing and we saw it last night on the 3rd goal against. So even with Komarov not on the 4th line might not make a difference if Bergeron's line goes out against them.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
They will win Saturday?
You better spread that news to the rest of the "sheep" who have been weeping since the practice lines were released.
Please don't confuse our passion as Leaf fans and our strong disagreement with some of the things Babcock does. I said in an earlier post that this game will be where Babcock proves his worth by the adjustments he makes. He's made a rather controversial adjustment adding a vet who hasn't played very well all year to the first line. Hopefully, for his sake it'll work out otherwise the "sheep" will have some defending to do.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

Cassidy already picked - its Bergeron vs Matthews line. There's no guesses here

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Back in 2013 Kessel was shut down first few games. Eventually he found a way to start chugging away and winnings against Chara

Matthews will have to find a way, fight back and keep going at Chara.

Rick Nash looks like Lindros last night. Where JVR was looked like ringette player. We need everyone to get a bit hungrier. Nash is not gritty but he played that game last night

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
We played pretty badly and the game was still pretty close until halfway through the 3rd.

When our offense kicks it up a notch and we win this series easy

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kadri not being suspended yet may be a good sign?

I don’t know but they announced the Doughty suspension fairly quickly into the day on their off-day

Edit; NVM

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Kadri not being suspended yet may be a good sign?

I don’t know but they announced the Doughty and Anderson suspensions fairly quickly into the day on their off-day

doughty suspension was announced around this time yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad