Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Remember, we beat this Bruins team 3 times without Matthews. Series isn't over yet... but the NHL isn't doing us any favours.

Reactions: LeafsMonster

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
An already tough task just became that much tougher. I expected a highly motivated team for Game 2 and this extends for a couple more games beyond that now. Hope the team can step up and rally.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
For everyone already assuming we're going to lose tomorrow, the Flyers were absolutely embarrassed in Game 1 and are currently up 2-0. We played way better in our Game 1 than they did, so we're entirely capable of winning tomorrow. This series isn't over.

Reactions: Liminality

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
For everyone already assuming we're going to lose tomorrow, the Flyers were absolutely embarrassed in Game 1 and are currently up 2-0. We played way better in our Game 1 than they did, so we're entirely capable of winning tomorrow. This series isn't over.

Yep. Just put it all out there and get it back to Toronto 1-1. With or without Kadri, we can win. Boston hasn't won in Toronto in 2 years. Just need to find a way to win it tomorrow.

Just win tomorrow because I expect a highly motivated Kadri to wreck the Bruins once he's back.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
what's done is done. If Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Marleau play like they can, we will be fine. Andersen is the key here. If he is on, we win.

Although Kadri is a big loss, him being out should not mean we lose the series. It makes it harder for sure, but that's why our strength is depth. Our fourth line with johnsson and kapanen is a huge upgrade and should be good. We still have our stars. We just need to get it together.

We can still win this series.

Reactions: IBeL34f and BTP

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yep. Just put it all out there and get it back to Toronto 1-1. With or without Kadri, we can win. Boston hasn't won in Toronto in 2 years. Just need to find a way to win it tomorrow.

Just win tomorrow because I expect a highly motivated Kadri to wreck the Bruins once he's back.
Yep. If we can manage to be 2-2 after four games, Kadri will go off when he comes back. We do that and the momentum is ours.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
what's done is done. If Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Marleau play like they can, we will be fine. Andersen is the key here. If he is on, we win.

Although Kadri is a big loss, him being out should not mean we lose the series. It makes it harder for sure, but that's why our strength is depth. Our fourth line with johnsson and kapanen is a huge upgrade and should be good. We still have our stars. We just need to get it together.

We can still win this series.

Yep, just imagine that Kadri is injured for 3 games. Simple as that. Win it for him and watch him go off against the Bruins in Game 5.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Man 3 games of komarov at the 1 lw position is going to sink the series more than if kadri misses 3 games... babs’ bullshit + the suspension is making this series really difficult

Reactions: Moonman

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
If asshat babs had a clue he would load the top 6 and double shift 34, but nope, same old status quo shit. This team needs sully at the helm as head coach in some magical reality, egocock is not the answer.

Reactions: Moonman

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I'd like to see Nylander at center instead of Marleau.

Hyman -- Matthews -- Marner
Marleau -- Nylander -- Johnsson
van Reimsdyk -- Bozak -- Kapanen
Komarov -- Plekanec -- Brown <-- Shorten the Bench. Do not play more than 7-8 minutes.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The leafs will win this series in 7. Kadri will play a big part in games 5,6,7.

Raptors win by 30 tommorrow leafs by 3 goals. Guys get excited this is just the start.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Phili is leading 2-0 after the first. If they can put a fight after the 7-0 embarrassment they had, we certainly can take game 2.

Go L34FS!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'd like to see Nylander at center instead of Marleau.

Hyman -- Matthews -- Marner
Marleau -- Nylander -- Johnsson
van Reimsdyk -- Bozak -- Kapanen
Komarov -- Plekanec -- Brown
Its embarrassing that we will never see this happen. It seems so simple yet our 6 million dollar coach always has other ideas.

Komarov is god awful. When Pleks was playing without him he had a 50% corsi, with him it drops to 40%. But hell, lets give Komarov the top line and probably 20+ mins because he was "competing" hard even if that meant he was getting dominated.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
giphy.gif

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I honestly believe if the leafs play their best and the bruins play their best, leafs come up on top.

The game yesterday was a far cry from the leaf's best effort. The bruins on the other hand played a very solid game.
I think the wait between the regular season the the first game helped Boston a lot more than us.

Our wait was longer, we simmered and stewed and psyched ourselves out about how tough their first line is to play against and how the rat will get under our skin and how they will manhandle us.
By the time the game started the leafs were fighting their own shadows. Babcock himself could hardly breath on the bench. They lost the game before it started.

The Bruins got just enough rest, felt good about playing the leafs. Marchand fantasized about kissing Komarov again. He had two pointy ends when the game started, his nose, and the other looking for Komarov. - nearly gave the guy a hickey in the middle of a playoff game!?!
They were game ready.

Believe you me: we will rebound, will make a series out of it, and the longer it goes the better for us it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->