Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
earlier this morning one of Boston's mods (who probably meant well), created a GDT thread here in LeafLand, basically saying "use this thread, don't come into the Boston Thread and cause trouble" needless to say most of us didn't take it too well.
Understandably.
It is funny, because other fanbase's boards don't tolerate us at all on their boards, but the always seem to com in this one and think they can say whatever.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Does anyone have any better reasons?

Neither is going to be an easy match up. And if the Leafs lose to Boston, there will be threads suggesting we could have beat Tampa. And if the Leafs lose to Tampa there would be threads saying we could have beat Boston.

There is arguments for either team being preferred. And all of them are /shrug worthy.

I don't care who we play tbh. We have a shot at beating either team. But if Boston fans are going to snoop this thread and expect to see a terrified set of Leaf fans worried about how we match up against Boston...I want to disappoint.

Because to be honest? I like our chances against Boston more so than I do against Tampa. For reasons that I've already listed.

lol i don't think anyone is afraid of Boston. they're tough, but nothing to be afraid of.
I just (personally) don't think there's any "revenge" to be had. there are like 5 members of the 2013 team, 3 of them were rookies, 1 didn't even play. to me that's just something this fanbase shoulda gotten over a long time ago. (but collective we, haven't. the media won't, and you know it will be chirped by Marchand, so whatever).

I personally don't think Rask's temperament behaviour is greater/lesser than Andy's ups and downs vs. Vasa's "tiredness". it's like a triangle, it all kinda feeds into each other. for as much as people keep saying their D can't handle our speed. - it's not like they struggled vs. Tampa (who is just as speedy). I wasn't being dismissive. i meant what i said. if those are your reasons, (shrug), it makes sense, i guess.

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
I am not a polak guy. But Marchand smashing his stick for a non call, dude you have no right you dirty little rat. And I absolutely hope Roman just dummies him on Thursday
Want to add I hope Roman is not on the ice often when that line is out lol

Reactions: saffronleaf

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
lol i don't think anyone is afraid of Boston. they're tough, but nothing to be afraid of.
I just (personally) don't think there's any "revenge" to be had. there are like 5 members of the 2013 team, 3 of them were rookies, 1 didn't even play. to me that's just something this fanbase shoulda gotten over a long time ago. (but collective we, haven't. the media won't, and you know it will be chirped by Marchand, so whatever).

I personally don't think Rask's temperament behaviour is greater/lesser than Andy's ups and downs vs. Vasa's "tiredness". it's like a triangle, it all kinda feeds into each other. for as much as people keep saying their D can't handle our speed. - it's not like they struggled vs. Tampa (who is just as speedy). I wasn't being dismissive. i meant what i said. if those are your reasons, (shrug), it makes sense, i guess.

Revenge isn't for the players, Daisy. It's for the fans.

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
Hey who has the coverage in the us for playoffs? NBC all rounds? Any chance gord Miller covers Boston Toronto? That would be nice

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
If we have to lose the series, I'd much rather lose to Tampa. Losing to Boston would be insufferable. I hate to think like this but it is what it is.

Reactions: saffronleaf

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs/Bruins it is then. I was hoping for a Leafs/Tampa Bay first round as I think it'd be more entertaining, Bruins are a snoozefest to watch, at least I think they are.

Bruins choke, their fans are whining and think that Toronto will be a cake walk. And some people say Leafs fans are delusional, Bruins fans are probably the worst in that department of any team I've ever experienced in my life.

I hope Toronto wipes the floor with the Bruins and shuts all the haters up.

And in other news, nice to see Florida winning a meaningless game, having a garbage first round draft pick choice and will continue to swim in mediocrity for years to come. I love it!

weems

Jul 3, 2008
We're going to need alot from our vets 5 on 5 this series if we want to win.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think I prefer Komarov and Polak in for a Bruins series then Johnsson and Carrick.

Polak is garbage but if there is any series he can earn some love, it’s this one. Get rid of the garbage in front of Andersen or sit and watch Carrick play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad