Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I’m don’t really care who the Leafs face but I think I’d prefer Tampa (if I had to choose). Will be tough either way. Tampa would be a very exciting series to watch.

I think it would be interesting if you could add a poll to this, just to see who everybody here would rather face.

there are other threads for that, and in like 3 hrs its gonna be over.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Only thing I can think of regarding the game 3 slot is that April 16 (Monday) is Patriots Day in Boston, so maybe no matter what they want Boston to have that slot, and don’t want the Leafs/Lightning taking any coverage away?

Yeah that makes sense. Didn't even realize that.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So and uh, now it really looks like the bruins are pullling an LA from yesterday. They want to play against our rear ends. And that sounds swell too. We should really school the tampa lighting hard if we play them. They are poor defensively and have the worst goaltender tender.
Against Boston, our rear ends would match up nicely again. We would have the speed as they would have the hard experience. We would fly against that dirt team and those games would be real hard n heavy. Polak would be needed real hard on those ones. Against Tampa, we would need our scoring suckas to match that light real hard.

But yeah and uh, it looks like the bruins are going to lose by choose.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
with all due respect there isn't much else to discuss in this thread until that's decided.

you created this thread prematurely.

he asked for a poll. I'm pretty sure in the countless "who do you want to face?" threads, there has to be a poll on one of them. Most people have stated they don't care because we have to face both in an ideal we win the first round world.

there's also information our matchup coming up now, so no it's not made prematurely. it's not like it was made last week.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
40 minutes and Boston is ours.

giphy.gif

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
he asked for a poll. I'm pretty sure in the countless "who do you want to face?" threads, there has to be a poll on one of them. Most people have stated they don't care because we have to face both in an ideal we win the first round world.

there's also information our matchup coming up now, so no it's not made prematurely. it's not like it was made last week.

Well I'm cheering for Flordia tonight.

Reactions: Macallan18

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I could care less who we face. If we want to reach the promised land, we likely have to face both anyway.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
If we do play Boston, which it looks like we will at this point, I am looking forward to seeing Plekanec drive Marchand crazy.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
revenge
raske is easily tempermental
their defense is slow
because f- them that's why. they get no respect. give me boston.

i suppose. i mean i asked and if those are your reasons, (shrug)

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Boston is looking pretty average for a big conference-clinching game.

it reminds me of last year.
you had that big emotional YAAHHHHH of clinching, and then we could have had a division spot and we pooped the bed i think right now it's just over and done with

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Earlier I didn't care.

But after a certain thread was posted earlier, I want to face Boston and eliminate them
What thread was this?
I would love to eliminate Boston as well.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
i suppose. i mean i asked and if those are your reasons, (shrug)

Does anyone have any better reasons?

Neither is going to be an easy match up. And if the Leafs lose to Boston, there will be threads suggesting we could have beat Tampa. And if the Leafs lose to Tampa there would be threads saying we could have beat Boston.

There is arguments for either team being preferred. And all of them are /shrug worthy.

I don't care who we play tbh. We have a shot at beating either team. But if Boston fans are going to snoop this thread and expect to see a terrified set of Leaf fans worried about how we match up against Boston...I want to disappoint.

Because to be honest? I like our chances against Boston more so than I do against Tampa. For reasons that I've already listed.

giphy.webp

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
What thread was this?
I would love to eliminate Boston as well.

earlier this morning one of Boston's mods (who probably meant well), created a GDT thread here in LeafLand, basically saying "use this thread, don't come into the Boston Thread and cause trouble" needless to say most of us didn't take it too well.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
it reminds me of last year.
you had that big emotional YAAHHHHH of clinching, and then we could have had a division spot and we pooped the bed i think right now it's just over and done with
Yeah. Though in their case it isn’t as if they recently locked into the playoffs. Shouldn’t be emotionally drained like the Leafs were last year after that big playoff clinching game.

Maybe even the team isn’t sure what result they want and are losing out to a Florida team that’s playing for pride after just missing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad