Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Fine by me. Just good to know who we’re facing. We’ve got the speed and the skill. Just need to light these guys up. Going to need to use our depth but need the top guys to do their thing as well.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Tough series.
This version of Boston is alot faster than previous years.
We're going to need to play fast with lots of intensity (bring it like that Nashville game).
I really think the play of Gardiner/JVR/Bozak 5 on 5 will dictate alot. I really have no idea what versions of those guys we will get.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I think this is who I wanted all along. Everyone is so afraid thinking the bruins will grind us down and because there physical. The bruins just played something like 18 games in 32 nights. That’s gonna take a toal on them I don’t care who you are. The leafs speed is gonna kill the bruins, as we have seen the past 2 years. Stick Matthews against Bergeron 5 on 5 and let our depth go to work.

Let’s go boys!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I was leaning TB a couple weeks ago, but honestly this feels perfect! If you think any Bruins fan is happy with this result tonight, think again, and that speaks volumes!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We're going to need alot from our vets 5 on 5 this series if we want to win.

Our depth needs to come through as well

We can throw 4 lines at them and we're going to need our bottom 6 to do there jobs well while the other guys take on Bergeron

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Bruins fear us.

They’re a one line team

They have a Slow defence

Babcock will out coach them.

We are going to win in 5 or 6 games

Go Leafs Go!
Sums up my thoughts.

Some of our fanbase fear the Bruins, but we need to remember we’re not the same team who they used to pummel. Not even close.

Let’s do this boys and girls.

Reactions: LeafsMonster

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Really looks like the Bruins hit their peak in mid to late March or whenever it was and now they've cooled down. Division title on the line and they couldn't beat Florida and James Reimer at home?

Just excited to see our young guys go to work. One thing to consider is this team also has a ton of inexperienced players.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I would prefer Toronto to play Boston.

With Tampa, don't know what it is, but this young team gets lazy against them. Big leads, then stop working, then lose.

At least with Boston, you better be on your toes because it will get very violent. No time to get lazy.

Starting lineup.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Brown
Martin - Pekanac - Kamorov

Gardiner - Zaitsev
Reilly - Hainsey
Dermott - Polak

:nopity:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I am not a polak guy. But Marchand smashing his stick for a non call, dude you have no right you dirty little rat. And I absolutely hope Roman just dummies him on Thursday
Want to add I hope Roman is not on the ice often when that line is out lol

If Polak is on the ice with the Bruins top line we're in a whole lot of trouble.

Edit: Lol I responded after reading the first two lines of your post.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Hello, Boston.
We meet again.

(not gonna lie - Tampa v. Toronto would have been a beautiful gong-show of a series).
I've updated the first post guys - put a lot of work into it, would be so appreciated if you read it :)

Reactions: cannucky

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
The complexion of our series vs Washington completely changed last year when Trotz scratched Alzner in favour of Nate Schmidt, who was faster, more skilled, and therefore better equipped to handle our speed. If we get down against Boston and the fourth line is ineffective, will Babcock try to make the same adjustment? Given his love for vets, I'm not sure he will but that could turn out to be an interesting storyline.

The biggest questions for me are how we match up against their top line, and how much cheap shit the refs let go. We can score against their 2-4 lines but that top line is a monster.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Still prefer tampa but it's a good sign they can't win an important game with barkov and luongo out

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
The road to Pittsburgh in round 3 was going through some combination of TB, Bos and Tor since January. TB gets the flier on round 1, lucky for them, but it don’t matter too much for none of us. Time to play the games

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Regardless of who is still on the roster from 2013, the narrative around the team is if they can slay the demons of Leafs past. That's how it was last year when it came down to the wire for the post-season and everyone wondered if we'd collapse again. That's how it'll be this Spring too, can these new Leafs overcome their current arch-rivals?

I think we've got a pretty good chance. Leafs will just have to utilize their speed and Andy will have to continue his dominance over Boston. Leafs will have to keep their composure and not get sucked into playing Boston's game. Let them try to rough us up, Leafs will just dodge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad