Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Takeaways: Game 2 would be at 8PM for some reason if it's boston.

Leafs get a 2 day break between games 3-4 if they play boston, that break happens between games 2-3 if it's Tampa.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON

Schedules are up.

Basically:

In both cases: Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Saturday, Game 4, the next Thursday, Game 5 the next Saturday, Game 6 the following Monday (in Toronto), Game 7 the following Wednesday.

Oddly enough Game 3 varies dependent on who we play.

Game 2 has a 7 PM start time if we play in Tampa. 8 PM if we play in Boston.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's also quite possible that he built a life out there (over the past how many years) and likes it.

Yup, change is always stressful. Stamkos was in a sweet situation and I thought there were only 2 possible reasons for him to leave:

1 - make the most money he possibly can
2 - fulfill childhood dream of winning a cup in his hometown

As it turns out, neither of these 2 were important enough for him so he stayed put. And TB had so much going for it, including having one of the best teams/organizations that looks to have as good a chance as any other team to win cup(s) in the immediate future. Now Tavares and NYI on the other hand, that's a different story. He's built a life etc. and has the familiarity, the comfort of home if you will but if he wants to win a cup, he pretty much has to leave.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014

Schedules are up.

Basically:

In both cases: Game 1 Thursday, Game 2 Saturday, Game 4, the next Thursday, Game 5 the next Saturday, Game 6 the following Monday (in Toronto), Game 7 the following Wednesday.

Having an extra day off before 4 games is played is a good thing. Last year they didn't have a single extra day off.

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
20180407_181304.jpg
I am from St.Louis..I come to join your bandwagon..I bring good shirts

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's also quite possible that he built a life out there (over the past how many years) and likes it.

i'm not discounting that.
but, i think you'd have to think if we were like this, during his UFA year it might be a lot different. Marleau's entire life is in SJ, loves it, and yet moved here. that's all i'm saying.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Leafs schedule announced!

If it’s Tampa:

Tampa Bay Lightning (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Thursday, April 12, 7pm:
Maple Leafs @ Lightning
Saturday, April 14, 7pm: Maple Leafs @ Lightning
Tuesday, April 17, 7pm: Lightning @ Maple Leafs
Thursday, April 19, 7pm: Lightning @ Maple Leafs
*Saturday, April 21, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Lightning
*Monday, April 23, TBD: Lightning @ Maple Leafs
*Wednesday, April 25, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Lightning

If it’s Boston:
Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Thursday, April 12, 7pm:
Maple Leafs @ Bruins
Saturday, April 14, 8pm: Maple Leafs @ Bruins
Monday, April 16, 7pm: Bruins @ Maple Leafs
Thursday, April 19, 7pm: Bruins @ Maple Leafs
*Saturday, April 21, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Bruins
*Monday, April 23, TBD: Bruins @ Maple Leafs
*Wednesday, April 25, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Bruins

Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round Schedule Scenarios

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Leafs schedule announced!

If it’s Tampa:

Tampa Bay Lightning (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Thursday, April 12, 7pm:
Maple Leafs @ Lightning
Saturday, April 14, 7pm: Maple Leafs @ Lightning
Tuesday, April 17, 7pm: Lightning @ Maple Leafs
Thursday, April 19, 7pm: Lightning @ Maple Leafs
*Saturday, April 21, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Lightning
*Monday, April 23, TBD: Lightning @ Maple Leafs
*Wednesday, April 25, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Lightning

If it’s Boston:
Boston Bruins (A2) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Thursday, April 12, 7pm:
Maple Leafs @ Bruins
Saturday, April 14, 8pm: Maple Leafs @ Bruins
Monday, April 16, 7pm: Bruins @ Maple Leafs
Thursday, April 19, 7pm: Bruins @ Maple Leafs
*Saturday, April 21, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Bruins
*Monday, April 23, TBD: Bruins @ Maple Leafs
*Wednesday, April 25, TBD: Maple Leafs @ Bruins

Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round Schedule Scenarios
Interesting that it's our home date (Game 3) that changes based on who we play.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Lmao at how much the Leafs move the needle.

If the Devils play the Bolts, game 2 is at 3pm on Saturday.

If the Leafs play the Bolts, game 2 is at 7pm Saturday.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013

Schedules are up.

Basically:

The 8 pm start if it’s Boston suggests it’s the prime time tv matchup for nbc in the US if we match up. Only reason why this would matter.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Lmao at how much the Leafs move the needle.

If the Devils play the Bolts, game 2 is at 3pm on Saturday.

If the Leafs play the Bolts, game 2 is at 7pm Saturday.
The 7 pm Saturday start is for HNIC no doubt. The 8 pm start if we play Boston is for NBC in the States most likely.

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Interesting that it's our home date (Game 3) that changes based on who we play.
Yeah, I also wonder if it affects the nba playoff schedule with the raptors. Id figure the raptors game 2 will fall either on Monday or Tuesday, depending on the leafs schedule. I guess that means they’ll open on Saturday at the ACC?

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I was botching to my friend how it sucks we have the 3rd best team in the east, when he pointed out the alternative would have been Pittsburgh first round.

Bring oooon Tampa or Boston, I want nothing to do with Pittsburgh until the conference finals if possible

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Prefer the Tampa Schedule where the extra day is in between cities as opposed to the Boston Schedule where there is an extra day off between games in Toronto. The Tampa one gives the players a full travel/practice day between games in different cities.

Reactions: OddyOh

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The game 3 switch depending on who we play is weird, it's a home game so schedule availability doesn't change, the rest of our series is the same date wise so it's not because of future games in the series, and the NJ series doesn't change so it's not a corresponding change to accommodate that. The only corresponding changes I could see is the PIT/PHI change but that seems like it's made to accommodate our change and I can't see why our change is necessary. Must be a reason like NBC wanting Boston in a certain slot that they wouldn't care so much about Tampa being in, but then Boston isn't in that slot against NJ so who knows.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
OT, but is there a more annoying poster than that Bruins guy who spams every Leafs thread on the mainboards and tries to turn it into a Bruins one? He's worse than TWS, in my opinion.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Want the Bruins but think we will win the first round whomever we play.
Go Panthers Go!!!

Reactions: Pi

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
The game 3 switch depending on who we play is weird, it's a home game so schedule availability doesn't change, the rest of our series is the same date wise so it's not because of future games in the series, and the NJ series doesn't change so it's not a corresponding change to accommodate that. The only corresponding changes I could see is the PIT/PHI change but that seems like it's made to accommodate our change and I can't see why our change is necessary. Must be a reason like NBC wanting Boston in a certain slot that they wouldn't care so much about Tampa being in, but then Boston isn't in that slot against NJ so who knows.
Only thing I can think of regarding the game 3 slot is that April 16 (Monday) is Patriots Day in Boston, so maybe no matter what they want Boston to have that slot, and don’t want the Leafs/Lightning taking any coverage away?

Last edited:

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I think im leaning Bruins, their depth is shot and I think its about time we exercise those demons from the you know what game.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Like last year we basically had the massive thread for the preview as well as the one thread for pre-games and such, so it makes sense to start it now that our season is over, though we don't know who we face. I'll edit this space, once we know who our oppenent is.

I'm not wishing for anyone. whoever it is will be tough, but I know we can win.

I’m don’t really care who the Leafs face but I think I’d prefer Tampa (if I had to choose). Will be tough either way. Tampa would be a very exciting series to watch.

I think it would be interesting if you could add a poll to this, just to see who everybody here would rather face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad