Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
The 4th best team in the East/9th best in the league going undefeated in the playoffs. Don't think I've ever seen that.
Matt Murray finished 16-0 with a 0.99 GAA :eek:

also Buffalo and Vancouver already being a #1 and a #2 seed in the second season (both haven't made any major moves) seems a bit unrealistic :laugh:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Couple of quick questions:
- Do the positions and roles sought in the "Set Team Needs" section affect player morale? Like if you are seeking a "Core" or "Key" Centre, do your existing centres get upset?
- Does including a player in a trade deal without publicly acknowledging they are on the move or setting their trade status to available affect their morale or mood?
- Do scouts/staff get upset if you don't draft along with their recommendations?
- Do scouts get upset when you don't assign them to countries where they are from (like assigning a Czech scout who speaks Russian to scout the KHL/Russia, or even having him scout somewhere totally different like Asia?)
- Do 1st-overall picks get upset when you do not play them in the NHL in their draft+1 season?

Thanks!

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Not sure if this is a known bug, but I just started the QMJHL draft and after 5 picks in the first round it went directly to Round 2, skipping over the final 13 picks of Rd 1. I had picks 7 and 15 so those picks were lost.. apparantly. I had the second pick of the second round so the bio of the the player I selected now says he was the 7th overall pick.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
- Do the positions and roles sought in the "Set Team Needs" section affect player morale? Like if you are seeking a "Core" or "Key" Centre, do your existing centres get upset?
- Does including a player in a trade deal without publicly acknowledging they are on the move or setting their trade status to available affect their morale or mood?
- Do scouts/staff get upset if you don't draft along with their recommendations?
- Do scouts get upset when you don't assign them to countries where they are from (like assigning a Czech scout who speaks Russian to scout the KHL/Russia, or even having him scout somewhere totally different like Asia?)
- Do 1st-overall picks get upset when you do not play them in the NHL in their draft+1 season?

Thanks!

From my own experience:

- Never seen players get upset about that stuff. Their own status is all that matters.
-If anything, putting them on the block publicly is what does the damage. Maybe in European leagues this happens, as players get cranky if you block transfers to higher profile teams
-Scouts have no feelings in this game it seems.
-Have never had a scout get upset for placing them in unfamiliar regions. And as far as I can tell, it doesn't affect the quality of their work, either. All that matters are their attributes
-Pretty rare for 1st overall picks not to play right away (especially given the AI's propensity to even dress non 1st round 18 year olds regularly). Doubt it would make a difference. You can do what you want with them.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Thanks!

In my experience, never. Those issues is something along the lines of football manager.

If you had EHM run like FM18, you could see where those interactions take place. EHM, (nor Franchise Hockey Manager), have a interaction system like Football Manager. I would love seeing My centers bicker because all of mine are considered 'core' players, lol!

The only way you 'upset' a player directly is if you change their status. If you changed Crosbys role from Key to Regular, it will say 'feels like is bwing treated unfairly' and the player will dislike you.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Haven't played since 2007 and just downloaded on steam. Can anyone tell me how I get real players? its all fake names. Sorry to bug you guys but I'm really looking forward to it. Also, how do I download these amazing updates? Thanks in advance

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Haven't played since 2007 and just downloaded on steam. Can anyone tell me how I get real players? its all fake names. Sorry to bug you guys but I'm really looking forward to it. Also, how do I download these amazing updates? Thanks in advance
Download the last TBL update from Steam's workshop.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL36 2018-19 IS LIVE
NHL

- Updated all NHL 2018-19 contracts with RFA rights for guys whose contracts have ended per Capfriendly and the rest of the free agents into the UFA pool. Will be upating as the off-season moves along including RFA tenders/non-tenders. Per CapFriendly. Have not updated sliding ELC contracts yet as those are not updated on CapFriendly. Matthews' ELC is fixed.
- Regular season 2017-18 stats histories added so the prospect rankings and Calder candidates will be accurate for the 2018-19 season.
- Playoff stats and league/awards history for 17-18 will be added as the playoffs finish and awards are announced.
- Junior-aged players will retain CHL-rights for possible loans back to junior. In general, the more ready signed junior prospects (Vilardi, etc) and ones who would be considered overage (1998 born) start with their NHL teams while other contracted junior players start on loan back in the CHL.
- Still have some future transfers set in the config for college and European prospects for 2019 and beyond. Some of this is motivated by the fact that there is a bug where NHL-rights will not show up even though they are set in the editor. Examples are Shestyorkin (NYR) and Sorokin (NYI). For some reason the game is not reading their NHL rights but because I have them coming to the NHL after their KHL contracts end, you WILL get to see them on the Rangers and Isles respectively. Same with Gusev and some others.
- Some speculative transfers (Kovalchuk to NY Rangers, Pilut to Buffalo, etc) are included. Will be updated as needed.
- Have not yet updated Cap Penalties; high on priority list. Minimum salary upped to $675,000. Cap set at $80 million fo rnow - actual number unknown as of yet for 18-19 and will be tweaked as needed to produce less stupid AI handling of RFAs.
- Fixed the reversed goalie stats in 2016-17 NHL histories.
AHL
- Updated all AHL 2018-19 contracts. There aren't a ton yet. Cleared out the rest of the rosters into the UFA pool.
- Colorado Eagles are in the AHL, as they have been in the NHL36/32 series since the beginning. Obviously there are some fantasy realignments with extra teams but real teams will have their real AHL affiliates (except for Nashville - because Milwaukee is in the NHL in NHL36).
- A real St. John's team is coming to the ECHL for 18-19, so the AHL St. John's team in this DB has been replaced by Elmira (defunct IRL - was ECHL in this database) for now, along with the previous St. John's affiliations. This is probably temporary until I create a new AHL-level team for the DB. Move your Elmira logos to the AHL if you want to see the logos.
ECHL
- Cleared out all the clubs for now until there is some more useful ECHL contract info for the upcoming season. ECHL rosters also tend to fluxtuate wildly so they've never been a huge concern of mine.
- Maine Mariners were already in the DB but St. John's has been added as well (as the IceCaps until the new brand is revealed). Quad City remains even though they are defunct now to help fill out the league. As with the AHL, it's a fantasy 36 team format but real ECHL affiliates are aligned with their real clubs.
- Maine replaces Greenville as the Rangers' ECHL affiliate in real life and in the DB. Greenville will replace the Maine affiliations that were in the DB until a real affiliation is announced.
- St. John's will be the Leafs' real ECHL affiliate so they have been designated that in these DB's as well. Former ECHL affiliate Orlando will replace the Elmira (moved to AHL) affiliations that were in the DB until a real affiliation is announced. Move your St. John's logos to the ECHL if you want to see the logos.
NCAA
- Completely updated the NCAA. Graduating seniors, signed players, transfers, incoming freshman classes. It's all there. It's literally a thousand moves and additions.
- Note that official incoming freshman classes have, for the most part, not been announced and can change right up until the fall so I will be updating these (as well as future commitments) as the summer rolls on.
USPORTS
- Added in-coming CHL and CJHL alumns. Rosters not completely updated though.
CHL (OHL/WHL/QMJHL)
- Cleared the 1997's out (many signed or go to university).
- 2018 OHL draft class (2002 born) up to 3rd round plus a few extras and rights added.
- Most of the 1st round of the 2018 WHL bantam draft (2003 born) is in there with correct WHL rights.
- 2018 QMJHL draft class (2002 born) is about 20 deep of top prospects - rights will be assigned and additional players added after the draft actually occurs.
- A handful of top 2019 OHL and QMJHL draft prospects (2003 born) added.
- Import rights will be added after 2018 CHL Import Draft.
- Note that many younger players are left on their bantam teams that are undecided between CHL and OHL. Most are guys who are committed to the NCAA but also highly-CHL drafted. This lets there be some flexibility with what happens with them.
OTHER N.A. JUNIORS
- Cleared the 1997's out of the CJHL leagues, USHL, NAHL, NCDC.
- USNTDP 2002 class added (to the extent we know) and a few 2003's added as well.
- Added a lot of USHL rights and transfers including the 2018 USHL Phase 1 and Phase 2 drafts.
- Note that by default, I've kept prospects in Minnesota High School and New England Prep School even if USHL drafted unless it is confirmed they will spend the entire season in the USHL. These kid often split time in a season but high school hockey in Minnesota, for example, is a bigger deal for most.
- All high school and major midget clubs cleaned out of older prospects.
CHAMPIONS HOCKEY LEAGUE
- There is a bug with this in NHL36/32 right now and regardless, the real and proper format is not able to be used so for right now, highly recommended NOT to try and mess with the CHL too much, even though it will automatically appear when you select European leagues.
KHL/VHL/MHL
- KHL updated for 25 teams with Yugra and Lada demoted into the VHL. For the VHL, Sputnik has been demoted to tier 3. Corresponding bumps/declines in club reputations. Novokuznetsk is now Sibir's VHL farm club.
- KHL is NOT FUNCTIONAL RIGHT NOW due to the 25 teams. Need to either build a new schedule template or wait for official one to come out. High on my priority list.
- KHL updated per EP with 18-19 contracts. Expiring contracts sent to UFA pool. Included is update of Yugra and Lada even though they are now VHL. Many new, mostly younger players added.
- Includes many speculative (but likely) transfers.
- VHL has been totally cleared out of old contracts...was very out of date. Results in many teams being fairly empty - I will rebuild them in due time but not a priority.
- MHL cleared of 1997 and older players.
SHL/Allsvenskan/SuperElit
- SHL is updated with Timra promoted, Allsvenskan has received Karlskrona demoted from the SHL and VIK Vasteras promoted from Disivion 1 and Troja-Ljunby demoted to Division 1. Corresponding bumps/declines in club reputations.
- SHL and Allsvenskan should be properly playable.
- SHL updated per EP with 18-19 contracts. Expiring contracts sent to UFA pool. Included is complete update of newly promoted Timra. Many new, mostly younger players added.
- Allsvenskan will be out-dated aside from Karlskrona. On my to-do list but not high priority.
- SuperElit cleared of 1997 and older players. Most top prospects will be U20 level - there are a few on U18 teams but not a ton since we are talking 2001, 2002 and later born types.
Liiga/Mestis/Jr. A Liiga
- No structural changes, I believe all Liiga and Mestis teams saved their existing levels in relegation.
- Liiga and Mestis should be properly playable.
- Liiga updated per EP with 18-19 contracts. Expiring contracts sent to UFA pool. Many new, mostly younger players added.
- Mestis will be out-dated aside from Karlskrona. On my to-do list but not high priority.
- Jr. A Liiga cleared of 1997 and older players. Most top prospects will be U20 level - there are a few on U18 teams but not a ton since we are talking 2001, 2002 and later born types.
CZECH EXTRALIGA
- Extraliga is updated with Karlovy Vary promoted and Dukla Jihlava sent down. Corresponding bumps/declines in club reputations. Looks like WSM Liga (second tier) will be having 15 teams next year as Poruba is promoted but I don't see any of the existing 14 demoted.
- Did also change some official team names up to match current times (for example Aukro Berani Zlin instead of PSG Zlin)...will also be updating some logos for clubs like Zlin at a later point. They might already be updated in dani9's megapack as well.
- Extraliga should be properly playable. WSM Liga is NOT playable with 15 teams until new schedule is made.
- Extraliga updated per EP with 18-19 contracts. Note however that unlike the KHL/SHL/Liiga, I have not gone in and added tons of players to make the entire rosters 100% complete.
- Aside from updating contracts of prospects signed on to senior teams and adding top prospects, the junior levels are also not totally updated.
SWISS NLA
- NLA is updated with Rappersil-Jona promoted and Kloten sent down. Corresponding bumps/declines in club reputations.
- NLA should be properly playable.
- NLA updated per EP with 18-19 contracts. Note however that unlike the KHL/SHL/Liiga, I have not gone in and added tons of players to make the entire rosters 100% complete.
- Aside from updating contracts of prospects signed on to senior teams and adding top prospects, the junior levels are also not totally updated.
GERMAN DEL (TO DO - DEL is not actually been totally cleaned up for 18-19 yet)
- No structural changes for 18-19.
- DEL should be properly playable.
- DEL updated per EP with 18-19 contracts. Note however that unlike the KHL/SHL/Liiga, I have not gone in and added tons of players to make the entire rosters 100% complete.
REST OF WORLD
- NHL36/32 already included major updates for top level players and junior-aged players for most "main division" nations at the WC and WJC (Slovakia, Denmark, Austria, South Korea, France, etc) but updating the complete individual leagues, aside from the top players has not been a priority. I want the France roster at the World Championships to "feel" accurate and I want the Danish roster at the WJC's to also "feel" correct but that's the extent of it for now.
- I am continuously adding top junior players from all countries, including non-traditional, to try and keep things like the WJC's feeling accurate but it is always a work-in-progress.
2018 NHL DRAFT
- Alright this is BIG. The 2018 draft is not yet here but it is basically impossible to play a reaslistic NHL season for 2018-19 without having the draft run. That said, I have created a MASSIVE import file that includes all 7-rounds of the 2018 draft with all 31 real teams. OBVIOUSLY - most of the results are pure speculation. Dahlin to Buffalo is easy. But from there out, nothing is concrete. Did some modest spit-balling for the first round but otherwise, results were a mix of database ratings and available mock draft rankings online.
- YOU MUST USE THE EDITOR AND IMPORT THE DRAFT IMPORT FILE TO HAVE THE RESULTS IN YOUR DATABASE PRIOR TO STARTING A GAME. You also certainly modify the import file to you liking and re-import it to create your OWN 2018 DRAFT RESULTS. Also in the draft import file is a separate TAB listing all the 2018 draft eligible players and current teams which you can use to help do your own draft.
- Traded picks are included in the results (per CapFriendly).
- All this import file does is assign rights - you still have to SIGN Svechnikov, Zadina, etc to entry-level NHL contracts if you are that particular team to ensure they will suit up in the 18-19 season for you. The one exception is Dahlin who I already have on an entry level deal with Buffalo because in testing, the Buffalo GM likes to leave Dahlin in Sweden for 18-19 season and there is ZERO chance of that happening - so he does start with an ELC on Buffalo.
- This import file also means future drafts like 2019 and 2020 will be accurate instead of overflowing with the 2018 draftees.
- Obviously Seattle and the other NHL36 expansion teams miss out on this. Your farm building will begin in the 2019 draft if you are an expansion team.
- Actual draft history is not filled out because there is no point in doing this time-intensive task until the real draft takes place. So while a complete 2018 draft is run, you will not see the picks in 2018 draft history.
EXPANSION DRAFT IMPORT FILE
- For right now, this file is NO LONGER BEING PROVIDED. Reasons are many but mainly two:
1) With contract status up in the air right now for many NHL players, it would be hard to create a protection list for existing teams.
2) With lots of players now UFA's - you should have a reasonable pool of talent to sign from.
- As summer UFA signings start to happen and get updated in future releases of the DB - I will bring back the expansion draft import file and worksheet.
WHAT ABOUT NHL32 WITH JUST SEATTLE?
- Working on it! Based on this DB but because of real-life AHL/ECHL changes, it really causes me to have to redo some of the import setups I had created so that I could maintain both NHL36 and NHL32 out of one database.
DOWNLOAD DATABASES HERE:
(2018 Draft Import File is INCLUDED with each ZIP/DB)
Version 5.0 - Original NHL36 Expansion (May 14, 2018)

Dropbox - NHL36 - Original v5.0.zip
Version 5.0 - NHL36 "Great North" (May 14, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Great North v5.0.zip
Version 5.0 - NHL36 "City Lights" (May 14, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - City Lights v5.0.zip
Version 5.0 - NHL36 "Wild West" (May 14, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Wild West v5.0.zip

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL36 v5.0 2018-19 Screens:
Updated NHL histories...which reflect 2017-18 season explosions such as those by Colorado's superstar center:
4fe15cc83c9da8702c0317a73f10c345.png

Rangers among teams with big roster transitions from the previous season...prospect rankings reflect 18-19 season:
fa66da9ef102fb6dc3632ab52de79d5d.jpg

How will you cobble together your expansion team from available free agents???
ee88ab2cc6078fb9b9fbf9b35217f2b6.jpg

Dahlin is of course the next "generational" talent hopeful and gives the Sabres an amazing young core:
43a29c9479ed8b69954bf9d8f3798f1f.jpg

Svechnikov not a bad second prize for Carolina!
5268f4a31366245cd97a69e34ca82eff.jpg

They both lead the next group of Calder hopefuls (note your Top 10 will vary of course):
6949af27d95692fcffc47284105bee10.jpg

Which rookies will make a big impact in 18-19?
6c5c9e50ee07427c1e6c191566468211.jpg

Meanwhile, teams like Detroit re-stocked their prospect depth in the 2018 Draft; the Wings had a whopping 11 picks and it shows in their prospect rankings:
4df677c4c5f559ce51becd6bc13d74f6.jpg

In the NCAA, powerhouses like BU reload for the 18-19 season...
f293d2f21eb990b41c476f09652f8c56.jpg

...while also getting big-time commitments for years in the future:
b90dc1fbc08abe1fc76128e106d0a4bd.jpg

Quinton Byfield leads the next generation of CHL stars to junior glory and potential NHL greatness:
7b6170ddf42bfe69d3d458e3269cebbc.png

With the 2018 Draft complete, all eyes are on an impressive and deep crop of 2019 NHL Draft prospects:
4bf1a29475cf7740f1edde59da50f05d.jpg

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Would just say that Mironov getting back to the NHL is extremely unlikely, let alone for 2018-19

Hadn't seen him sign with anybody in Russia yet and didn't think Dynamo still owned his KHL rights so technically, I would assume he's still a free agent. Have you heard if he's going back to Dynamo or another KHL club yet? For what its worth - he's got a very low "adaptability" rating so he's probably not going to do that great if you sign him as an NHL club.

There's other things too like Joe Thornton is 99.9% sure to re-sign with San Jose but as of now, in the 18-19 database, he is a free agent because technically, he is slated to be one come this summer. And Tavares sure as hell ain't going to sign with the Saskatchewan Whitetails but hey, it's fun to play out.

I'd rather jump the gun a bit and give people the chance to play out fantasy 18-19 scenarios than re-hashing the old 17-18 season which is already for most of the world, over or close to being over.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
This looks awesome BK - exactly what I've been looking/hoping for since January. Thanks for all the work in making it happen

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL32 - Seattle 2018-19 IS LIVE

Same song and dance as the NHL36 update for 18-19 season listed above except obviously tweaked for a 32 team NHL/AHL/ECHL with 4 divisions and Seattle simply added to the NHL Pacific Division. Please read all the NHL36 update info and screen caps above for info - that is all also valid with NHL32 - Seattle.

DOWNLOAD DATABASE HERE:
(2018 Draft Import File is INCLUDED with each ZIP/DB)
Version 5.0 - NHL32 Seattle Expansion (May 14, 2018)

Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v5.0.zip

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Just to give you an idea of the type of team you can build for Seattle in free agency, I let the computer control them and this is the team they put together...it's not half-bad. This is why there won't be an Expansion Draft file until free agency dies down a bit. Obviously in NHL36 - there are four other mouths to feed so its a bit more challenging but it's not supposed to be easy!
c47bf616555362132047152bfc9d50f1.png

Juho

May 15, 2018
Amazing job as always BKarchitect!

Unfortunately, the randomized draft bug seems to be back at least for me. Playing with NHL32 5.0 as Seattle. I finished dead last but lottery gave me the 30th pick.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Just go on steam workshop and download a roster. There are a lot out there as well as facepacks .

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Any time you can get the 28th ranked prospect with your #1 pick, you go for it! :laugh:

IPB6wcI.jpg

Such a weird draft. The #2 ranked prospect fell to the second round and even had an unranked player drafted before him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
New version of NHL32 - Seattle 5.0 and all varieties of NHL36 (2018-19)

- Fixed Olympics and World Cup...start years should now be accurate and competitions should play all the way through and record history
- Fixed draft order / lottery issue (or re-fixed it I should say) that was plaguing NHL32 Seattle database
- Updated transaction from last few days, some updated ratings based on World Championship play and ECHL St. John's are now the Newfoundland Growlers.

NHL32 - Seattle:
Version 5.0 - NHL32 Seattle Expansion (May 17, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v5.0.zip

NHL36:
Included in each DB/ZIP is the 2018 Draft Import File to run prior to starting your game (or to edit as you see fit)
Version 5.0 - Original NHL36 Expansion (May 17, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Original v5.0.zip
Version 5.0 - NHL36 "Great North" (May 17, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Great North v5.0.zip
Version 5.0 - NHL36 "City Lights" (May 17, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - City Lights v5.0.zip
Version 5.0 - NHL36 "Wild West" (May 17, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Wild West v5.0.zip

Reactions: Juho and xECK29x

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Here's a version of NHL32 - Seattle with the 2018 Draft results baked-in to the database. So those on Macs or who don't want to mess around with the EHM editor can simply start up a new 2018-19 season without having to mess with anything. Can do the same for any version of NHL36 upon request. Also did a ninja edit for all the databases if you download today with updates (Riikola to Pittsburgh, etc).

Dropbox - NHL32 w Draft.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad