Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL36 version 4.0 Update - ***END OF REGULAR SEASON 2017-18 UPDATE*** April 8, 2018

As we head into the off-season for many leagues around the world but still have our minds on the 2017-18 season, I wanted to make sure this database reflects 2017-18 rosters & contractual conditions but with an eye towards everything that has been happening since many leagues are finishing up and moves are being made with the 2018-19 season in mind. With that said, here's a little rundown:

- NHL: All transaction for THIS (2017-18 season) are updatd along with constantly adjusted ratings and depth charts. Future transaction that are already announced for the 18-19 season - signings of players from the CHL, NCAA and Europe - are all coded into the config file. So they will all happen in this database after the 17-18 season completes to maintain a realistic 2017-18 format. Most of these future signings occur on June 1 so that that year 1 of new contracts falls in 18-19...however, a few high profile NCAA and Euro prospects (Tolvanen, Sikura, etc) sign and immediately burn the first years off their entry-level deals so these types of player will actually sign on May 1, and it will burn a year from their deal in the 17-18 season. Retiring guys like the Sedins and Vrbata will retire at the conclusion of the 17-18 season.

- NCAA: Biggest update here, as mentioned in posts above. Over a thousand future commits starting in the 18-19 season and going all the way (right now) to the 21-22 season (for a few high profile young prospects) are in the config file. ALL USHL, NAHL, NCDC, Minnesota High School, New England Prep, CJHL (BCHL/AJHL/MJHL/SJHL/GOJHL/OJHL/CCHL/MJHL) and USNTDP prospects who are committed to Division 1 NCAA Hockey are in the game as well as numerous other Bantam and MM aged top prospects. My goal is to finish out the about 100 additional very young prospects who are committed and not yet in the game within the next few weeks.

- USports: Also started future transferring CHL players headed to USports college next season...one day I would like to have USports fleshed out as much as the NCAA is...not there yet though.

- CHL: Also as mentioned, have started fleshing out 2018 CHL draft classes a bit. The OHL draft has already happened so those players who I already had in the database now have OHL rights added. So Quinton Byfield's rights belong to Sudbury and Evan Vierling's belong to Flint, to name a couple examples. Guys like Antonio Stranges and Cole Perfetti are committed to the NCAA but do have OHL rights...usually they honor their college commitment but it may be possible to get them to play in the OHL. My goal is to get the top 3 rounds of 2018 OHL draftees completely in the game by the next update. The WHL draft is in May and I don't believe the Q draft is until June but there are already a handful (a dozen or so each) of highly-regarded potential draftees in there for both leagues.

- EUROPE: Of course I limit my comments on Europe to the major leagues (KHL, SHL, LIIGA, Extraliga, NLA, DEL) but contract extensions are updated and future transfers for 2018-19 are in there. How I did it, again, to preserve the integrity of the 17-18 season, is for players switching teams in 2018-19, they are listed with a contract for those teams in the database but loaned back for one year to the team they are really on in the 17-18 season.

- AHL: A handful of graduating AHL/CHL players have earned full AHL contracts for 18-19, so they are in the config as future transfers. PTO's are not included.

- PTO (Player tryouts): I do NOT include PTO's in the database - these are temporary tryouts and not full annual contracts. So the horde of graduating NCAA and CHL players you see getting ATO's in the AHL and ECHL are not included until they earn permanent deals - they will then be added as a future transfer in the config file.

Of course, feel free to tinker with Expansion Draft results with the Expansion Draft toolkit for NHL36, released with version 2.7 of the database (link below as well):

Here are the latest v4.0 databases in all flavors (also updated on the front page):
Version 4.0 - Original NHL36 Expansion (April 12, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Original v4.0.zip
Version 4.0 - NHL36 "Great North" (April 12, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Great North v4.0.zip
Version 4.0 - NHL36 "City Lights" (April 12, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - City Lights v4.0.zip
Version 4.0 - NHL36 "Wild West" (April 12, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL36 - Wild West v4.0.zip

Here is the latest v2.7 Expansion Draft Tookit for NHL36:
Dropbox - Expansion Draft Toolkit (NHL36).xlsx

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL32 version 4.0 Update - ***END OF REGULAR SEASON 2017-18 UPDATE*** April 8, 2018

- Same update I just posted for NHL36, all the same tweaks, modifications and upgrades.

Here are the latest v4.0 database (also updated on the first post in TBL NHL32 thread):
Version 4.0 - NHL32 Expansion - Seattle (April 12, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v4.0.zip

As usual, I have a link to the Expansion Draft toolkit if you want to create your own expansion draft roster for Seattle. Based on the 3.0 version not 4.0 but should not really affect the outcome or major decisions to make in the expansion draft.

Here is the latest v3.0 Expansion Draft Tookit for NHL32:
Dropbox - Expansion Draft Toolkit (NHL32).xlsx

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
NHL32 version 4.0 Update - ***END OF REGULAR SEASON 2017-18 UPDATE*** April 8, 2018

- Same update I just posted for NHL36, all the same tweaks, modifications and upgrades.

Here are the latest v4.0 database (also updated on the first post in TBL NHL32 thread):
Version 4.0 - NHL32 Expansion - Seattle (April 8, 2018)
Dropbox - NHL32 - Seattle v4.0.zip

As usual, I have a link to the Expansion Draft toolkit if you want to create your own expansion draft roster for Seattle. Based on the 3.0 version not 4.0 but should not really affect the outcome or major decisions to make in the expansion draft.

Here is the latest v3.0 Expansion Draft Tookit for NHL32:
Dropbox - Expansion Draft Toolkit (NHL32).xlsx

BK, how do you manage to stay on top of it all? Do you use EliteProspects with all of the transactions? And does your database support the Champions Hockey League?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah I rely on EP, Capfriendly and of course HF.

I think Champions League works fine but it’s not the updated format because EHM does not support it yet. So it’s the 16-17 season format, I tried to update teams and seedings for the 17-18 version but not sure how successful that was.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Getting reports of crashing with my DB between March -> June 2021, can I get anyone here to confirm the same? If this is the case very likely will be it for me and this DB project.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Getting reports of crashing with my DB between March -> June 2021, can I get anyone here to confirm the same? If this is the case very likely will be it for me and this DB project.

Looks like I've got one July 2019 as well if you've been told any reports of a crash then

Reactions: francis246

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Did a "flash" update to the 4.0 rosters above for both NHL36 & NHL32, same links will get you the updated set as of this posting. No huge changes but Kovalchuk coming back across the pond to the Rangers for the 18-19 season and have a bunch of updates based on the 2018 OHL draft...first two full rounds plus most of the third and top USA player rights all updated for the OHL. Antonio Stranges is now coming to London instead of going to the University of Michigan and I've hedged my bets with Perfetti getting dealt and reporting to Oshawa. Lots of major Euro league contract updates/extensions for 18-19 and beyond as well. And added a bunch of top 2003 USA kids...look out for Martin St. Louis' son Ryan in the 2021 NHL draft, he's a chip off the old block. Will do an updated "Wonderkids" post soon for guy to be aware of in future drafts!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NHL36 & NHL32 v4.0 Wonderkids List

Thought I'd share some of the names you are going to want to pay attention to and scout in future drafts. Note that this is not a comprehensive list, the cutoff was a bit random. These guys all have high potential ability but that absolutely does not mean they will reach it. Factors such as development progress, opportunities, and mental traits like determination and consistency will play large factors and a lot of these things will vary from game-to-game. I've even seen a guy like Lafreniere "bust" as a 40 point player in the NHL even though he's got high ability and great mental traits baked in. So sometimes, it's simply a matter of luck. That said, here are some names worth watching:

2018 DRAFT
- Rasmus Dahlin D Superstar Defender
- Andrei Svechnikov W Superstar Winger
- Filip Zadina W Goal-Scoring Winger
- Adam Boqvist D Offensive Defender
- Brady Tkachuk W Power Winger
- Oliver Wahlstrom W/C Goal-Scoring Winger
- Quinn Hughes D Playmaking Defender
- Evan Bouchard D Offensive Defender
- Noah Dobson D All-Around Defender
- Ty Smith D All-Around Defender
- Vitali Kravtsov W Offensive Winger
- Jakub Skarek G Elite Goaltender
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi C/W All-Around Center
- Joel Farabee W All-Around Winger
- Bode Wilde D Offensive Defender
- Rasmus Kupari C/W Goal-Scoring Center
- Dominik Bokk W Goal-Scoring Winger
- Grigori Denisenko W Playmaking Winger
- K'Andre Miller D Physical Defender
- Alexander Khovanov C Playmaking Center
- Alexis Gravel G Elite Goaltender

2019 DRAFT
- Jack Hughes C Superstar Center
- Bowen Byram D All-Around Defender
- Kaapo Kakko W All-Around Winger
- Dylan Cozens C Power Center
- Spencer Knight G Elite Goaltender
- Peyton Krebs W/C Playmaking Winger
- Kirby Dach C Playmaking Center
- Alex Turcotte C All-Around Center
- Alex Newhook C All-Around Center
- Artemi Knyazev D All-Around Defender
- Jakob Pelletier C Playmaking Center
- Samuel Poulin W/C All-Around Winger
- Raphael Lavoie W Power Winger
- Valentin Nussbaumer C/W All-Around Center
- Ryan Suzuki C Playmaking Center
- Arthur Kaliyev W Power Winger
- Blake Murray C All-Around Center
- Victor Soderstrom D Offensive Defender
- Matvei Guskov C All-Around Center
- Nolan Foote W Goal-Scoring Winger
- Anttoni Honka D Playmaking Defender
- Nolan Maier G Elite Goaltender
- Alex Vlasic D Physical Defender
- Vasili Podkolzin W All-Around Winger
- Dustin Wolf G Elite Goaltender

2020 DRAFT
- Alexis Lafreniere C Superstar Center
- Quinton Byfield C Superstar Center
- Alezander Holtz W Goal-Scoring Winger
- Daniil Gushchin W Playmaking Winger
- Kaiden Guhle D Offensive Defender
- Justin Barron D All-Around Defender
- Josh Lawrence C All-Around Center
- Vasili Ponomaryov C Goal-Scroing Center
- Lucas Raymond W Goal-Scoring Winger
- Jamie Drysdale D Offensive Defender
- Jaromir Pytlik W Power Winger
- Antonio Stranges W Goal-Scoring Winger
- Nick Malik G Elite Goaltender
- Connor McClennon W Playmaking Winger
- Kasper Simontaival W Goal-Scoring Winger
- Marco Rossi C All-Around Center
- Ty Smilanic C All-Around Center
- Noah Delemont D Offensive Defender
- Evan Vierling C/W All-Around Center
- Brandon Coe W Power Winger
- Dylan Holloway W Power Winger
- Cole Perfetti W/C Playmaking Winger
- William Villeneuve D Offensive Defender
- Tyler Kleven D Physical Defender
- Charles-Antoine Lavallee G Elite Goaltender

2021 DRAFT
- Jesper Wallstadt G Superstar Goaltender
- Cameron Whynot D All-Around Defender
- Peter Reynolds W Power Winger
- Aatu Raty C Playmaking Center
- Israel Mianscum W Power Winger
- Zack Stringer W All-Around Winger
- Nikita Chibrikov C/W Playmaking Center
- Daniil Avershin W Power Winger
- Trevor Wong W All-Around Winger
- Sean Tschigerl C Playmaking Center
- Carson Lambos D All-Around Defedner
- Owen Power D All-Around Defender
- Dylan Gratton D Offensive Defender
- Michael Bevilacqua D Offensive Defender
- Stanislav Svozil D Offensive Defender
- Anthony Agostinelli C/W All-Around Center
- Ryan St. Louis C/W All-Around Center
- Aiden Hreschuk D Offensive Defender
- Joshua Roy C/W All-Around Center
- Connor Lockhart W Goal-Scoring Winger

2022 DRAFT
- Matthew Savoie C Superstar Center
- Shane Wright C Superstar Center
- Juraj Slafkovsky W Goal-Scoring Winger

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
If anyone is interested I've now finished my NHL facepack. It's actionpics like these and you can find it in the steam workshop.

VkBxcX3.png
iIITn1Y.png
aPPlB6Y.png

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
NHL 32 feedback - the olympics is broken. will never play the bronze medal match and I like following the international tournaments and gm'ing them. anyway to fix this?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think I found the glitch with the Bronze Medal game - was an error in the draw dates. I'll test and upload an update. Also have a glitch in the Champions Hockey League that renders it pretty useless at the moment that I need to fix...it won't crash the game though.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

He's in the game and a very good prospect, picked in the 1st or 2nd round most times I sim but just missed my cutoff for that post. If every single 15 or 16 year old out there right now that could have excellent potential is made to always automatically be that good - you'll end up with drafts where you have 100 players rated as first rounders. Very excellent numbers in Swiss Jr A though...not a phenom like Rossi but younger and somebody to watch. With good luck and good development, he can be a top 6 center in the NHL36/NHL32 database.

I do appreciate the input though and if you're convinced Rochette is a star prospect not much below Rossi I'm willing to listen and adjust things.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Here's a complete list of real prospects in NHL32/36 for the 2019 NHL draft and beyond from countries OTHER than Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden and Finland. If anybody wants to suggest some names to add to help fill out these countries' futures, I'm all ears. If I'm adding a prospect, need to have at minimum: height & weight, date of birth, and shooting hand plus at least a basic description of the players' position or how they play is ideal. I am fully capable of going to an U16 league at Eliteprospects and simply randomly adding young players but unless I know a little bit about what actual position they play and/or have a small description of the type game they have, I don't really want to add them. Whats the point of having their name in the game if their size, position and type of game is completely random?

AUSTRIA
2019 Draft - Marco Rossi

BELARUS
2019 - Vladimir Alistrov, Ignat Belov

CZECH REPUBLIC
2019 - Michal Teply, Matej Toman, Jonas Peterak, Filip Prikryl, Martin Hugo Has, Martin Lang, Jan Mlcak, Vojtech Strondala, Marcel Barinka, Adam Najman, Patrik Rasin, David Vitouch, Filip Koffer, Lukas Parik, Ondrej Psenicka
2020 - Jaromir Pytlik, Nick Malik, Adam Raska, David Homola, Radek Kucerik, Simon Kubicek, Jan Mysak
2021 - Stanislav Svozil

DENMARK
2019 - Gustav Green

GERMANY
2019 - Mortiz Seider, Yannick Valenti, Nikita Alexandrov, Tim Fleischer
2020 - Tim Stutzle

GREAT BRITAIN
2019 - Kieran Brown
2020 - Mason Alderson

HUNGARY
2019 - David Kozma, Kristof Papp

JAPAN
2021 - Yusaku Ando, Aito Iguchi

SLOVAKIA
2019 - Maxim Cajkovic, Simon Jellus, Martin Ilencik, Samuel Hlavaj, Peter Melcher
2020 - Samuel Knazko
2022 - Juraj Slafkovsky

SWITZERLAND
2019 - Valentin Nussbaumer, Keijo Weibel, Kyen Sopa, Daniel Schwenninger, Lukas Rubin, David Aebischer
2020 - Noah Delemont, Theo Rochette

And here are the prospects in there for the 2021 and 2022 drafts from Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden and Finland...same applies here (I think the 2018 thru 2020 drafts are pretty well represented for these major powers, way too many names to list):

CANADA
2021 - Cameron Whynot, Peter Reynolds, Israel Mianscum, Zack Stringer, Trevor Wong, Sean Tschigerl, Carson Lambos, Owen Power, Dylan Guenther, Cole Sillinger, Logan Stankoven, Cole Dubinsky, Joshua Roy, Charles-Alexis Legault, Dovar Tinling, Tristan Lennox, Zachary L'Heureux, James Malatesta, Connor Lockhart, Tanner Brown, Zack Ostapchuk, Corson Ceulemans, Colton Dach, Keagan Slaney, Joe Vrbetic, Vincent Iorio, Kyle Jackson, Kalen Szeto, Josh Barnes
2022 - Matthew Savoie, Shane Wright

(For next update, Francesco Arcuri, Brandt Clarke, Roman Schmidt and Daniel Michaud to be added for 2021)

FINLAND
2021 - Aatu Raty, Niko Huuhtanen

RUSSIA
2021 - Nikita Chibrikov, Daniil Avershin, Daniil Chayka

(For next update, Matvei Petrov and Nikolai Makarov to be added for 2021 and Nikita Sakharov and Kirill Dolzhenkov for 2022)

SWEDEN
2021 - Jesper Wallstadt, William Eklund

USA
2021 - Dylan Gratton, Michael Bevilacqua, Anthony Agostinelli, Matt Beniers, Ryan St. Louis, Aiden Hreschuk, Luke Mittelstadt, Hunter Strand, Sasha Pastujov, Jason Siedem, Drew Tsakounis, Dylan Duke, Matthew Argentina, John Opilka, Jeremy Wilmer, Johnny Waldron, Scott Morrow, Sasha Teleguine, Chaz Lucius, Ethan Straky, Mackie Samoskevich, Luke Hughes, Nick Williams

(For next update, David Codd, Liam Gilmartin and Sam Volturo to be added for 2021)

Last edited:

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
If anyone is interested I've now finished my NHL facepack. It's actionpics like these and you can find it in the steam workshop.
What I'm planning to do next is a pack with prospects for the upcoming drafts and adding NHL staff to the staff pack. I'll try to get started this weekend, I'm just wondering if there's any preference of what pack I do first.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Moritz Seider from the '19 draft has been amazing for me in my latest game. Maybe his PA just turned out well in this file, but I drafted him a couple of other times and he seemed promising before I moved on to new games. The AI seems to like to snag him late in the first round even though he's usually ranked in the 50s or 60s.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
What I'm planning to do next is a pack with prospects for the upcoming drafts and adding NHL staff to the staff pack. I'll try to get started this weekend, I'm just wondering if there's any preference of what pack I do first.

OHL or QMJHL would be great!
ps - Thanks for the work - appreciated

Duff88

May 7, 2002
BK, the work you have been doing is fantastic, it's great to see someone so invested in keeping the community alive.

With all the great work you've been doing, do you have any plans to do a pre-draft roster for 2018-19? Something along the lines of the expansion import sheet for the draft and then an August start date with the UFA period. That would be fantastic!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
That's rather a good idea - I was wondering how to transition to a 2018-19 start date while dealing with the draft. As you obviously understand, you have to run the 2018 draft before going to the 18-19 start date or else it throws everything out of whack because then the 2019 draft is two full draft classes and guys like Dahlin and Svech miss the chance to be NHL rookies in 18-19. Just not very realistic...and yeah, neither is a 36-team NHL but of course I want to maintain the illusion of realism :D

Will be a bit of work though...I'll probably start transitioning the database over in the next few weeks. That will take some time and then we will see where we are at. At the very least, by the time the actual NHL draft occurs - I'll have everything else all done so that after those actual draft selections are added - I'll be immediately ready to release a 2018-19 start date NHL36/32 database.

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
Bit of a general question but how many leagues can you guys run? I find it far slower than Football Manager despite being quite dated in comparison.

I have an average laptop which can run a decent sized Football Manager database, but I find anything more than the NHL, AHL, ECHL and the CHL leagues makes it incredibly slow. I'd love to play with a selection of European leagues running and try and work my way up into the NHL but it's just too slow for me.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Bit of a general question but how many leagues can you guys run? I find it far slower than Football Manager despite being quite dated in comparison.

I have an average laptop which can run a decent sized Football Manager database, but I find anything more than the NHL, AHL, ECHL and the CHL leagues makes it incredibly slow. I'd love to play with a selection of European leagues running and try and work my way up into the NHL but it's just too slow for me.

The leagues still run and sim, just not to a detailed level where you can view into every game.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

I've always kind of had this problem. It's probably because I have a basic laptop from a few years back. When I run it on my desktop it *seems* like it runs a bit faster but its still slow.

I used to coach AND GM at the same time but it was just going brutally slow. I just quick sim and I fly by the days now. Day-to-day sim freezes up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad