Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Have any of you guys noticed a lack of scoring from defensemen? I remember it being an issue when you set the league to quicksim, but in a recent test (with full simulation), the best defensemen won't get more than like 50 points

I have in every season guys with 60 or 70 points. Most by assists. And here and there also with 80 points

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So, first 100 seasons

Here some overview.

Vancouver Canucks - best period
a5rrs6ycxkdhb1faiwt3.jpg

Game Data
v2uckfe7bm9licodcfvp.jpg

Records
sbfpnj1t3w0bz8ukv87d.jpg

Records continue
8yyjmgxqzv0ki7aeath.jpg

Best player ever generated by game
ig5ls9lamtx59gqkj0y.jpg

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Noticed a problem with your database Foppa.

During the 2019-2020 season:
Most OHL/QJMHL/WHL teams have around 10-14 players (only a few have no grayed out temporary players). They have unsigned drafted 16 years old, but no unsigned 18-19. I guess this could be fixed by having players created at startup (I had no extra player checked).

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So, first 100 seasons

Here some overview.

Vancouver Canucks - best period
a5rrs6ycxkdhb1faiwt3.jpg

Game Data
v2uckfe7bm9licodcfvp.jpg

Records
sbfpnj1t3w0bz8ukv87d.jpg

Records continue
8yyjmgxqzv0ki7aeath.jpg

Best player ever generated by game
ig5ls9lamtx59gqkj0y.jpg

That is so awesome Alko! I know some posters complain about lack of goaltending prospects as the game goes on, how did goalies develop?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Third season over for QC:
Best of the 5 again (by 13 points despite the Scouts getting Tyler Seguin)
60 points (26-48-8)
Best scorer Teemu Pulkkinen 18-36-54
Best goalscorer David Krejci 20-29-49 (new record)
New record for points for LW,C,RW,D

Offer sheeted Korpisalo (1.6M so 3rd) and he already got franchise SO record with 4
Afterwards got William Carrier and prospect F-A Marcotty for Andrei Kareyev

Cap relief help to other team:
Loui Eriksson acquired for Ferguson and Brayden Burke
Brendan Smith acquired for Jimmy Schuldt and Matt Bradley

Trade from trade block:
Tyler Bozak acquired for Vladimir Sobotka

Waiver Claim:
Teemu Pulkkinen
Lars Eller
Ben Harpur

Eriksson - Krejci - Pulkkinen
Kubalik - Sheehy - Fortier
Carrier - Eller - Karlsson
Tkachyov - Bozak - Barabanov
Pyatt, Koshelev

Dahlin - Smith
Kindl - Harpur
Irwin - Merrill
Brickley

Korpisalo
Krasikov

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Interesting. When did you start that save?

Bought the game last year. Dont know exactly when i started this game. But it could be 13-14 months in run.

That is so awesome Alko! I know some posters complain about lack of goaltending prospects as the game goes on, how did goalies develop?

Goalies are average. It is very rarely to see a guy with 92 %. If they had 91 % that is awesome. But now in the last season the Vezina Trophy had 93 %. But that 1 of 1000 case. Maybe he is some freak talent, like Gretzky in the net. :)

What bothers me, is lack of overall scoring. There are guys with 50 goals. Sometimes 60 and occasionally 70. But i think, in this 100 seasons there was only one player with 120 points. And only in one season.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Treb - How is Dahlin progressing?

Also with juniors, as I mention in the disclaimers, I am still working on filling out the WHL and OHL with '99, '00 and '01 players based on current rosters so work i progress. But that might explain a void a couple years in where there are less 18-19 year-olds. The QMJHL should be pretty well done based on recently released team rosters with lots of added '00 and '01 guys so it should be less of a problem there.

But yeah, if you notice it being a bad problem for now you might turn on extra junior players if you ever start a new game (before I do an update). I don't like it because it adds fake players in to the upcoming drafts but your choice!

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Treb - How is Dahlin progressing?

Also with juniors, as I mention in the disclaimers, I am still working on filling out the WHL and OHL with '99, '00 and '01 players based on current rosters so work i progress. But that might explain a void a couple years in where there are less 18-19 year-olds. The QMJHL should be pretty well done based on recently released team rosters with lots of added '00 and '01 guys so it should be less of a problem there.

But yeah, if you notice it being a bad problem for now you might turn on extra junior players if you ever start a new game (before I do an update). I don't like it because it adds fake players in to the upcoming drafts but your choice!

Dahlin
18-19 70 gp 3-20-23 -16 7.09 AVR
19-20 73 gp 5-24-29 -7 7.30 AVR

Indeed QMJHL teams usually had more players.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Fourth season over for QC:
Worst of the 5 (Well I didn't go after Seguin/Backstrom/Pavelski etc.) Amirals 86 Scouts 82 Kraken/Whitetails 77
63 points (23-42-17) My team sucked in OT this year :laugh:
Best scorer David Krejci 17-39-56 (new record)
Best goalscorer Maxime Fortier/Teemu Pulkkinen both 21-30-51 (new record)
New record for points for LW,C,D

Johan Larsson approached me so I signed him.
Signed Demko because he was only receiving offers from Europe.
Signed DSP in mid november because he was still a FA.

Traded Sheehy for prospect Isaac Ratcliffe + picks
Traded Krasikov, Karlsson, Koshelev, Pyatt, Irwin and some meh prospects for picks

Waiver Claim:
Danny Dekeyser

Eriksson - Krejci - Fortier
Kubalik - Larsson - Pulkkinen
Carrier - Bozak - Smith-Pelly
Tkachyov - Eller - Nikita Korostelev
Barabanov, Domenic Commisso

Dahlin - Danny Dekeyser
Brickley - Smith
Pasichnuk - Harpur
Merrill

Demko
Korpisalo

Pasichnuk Smith are not gonna come back. They will be replaced by Calen Addison and Alexander Krief.

Last edited:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I admire that you are playing realistically and not taking advantage of flaws in the game or just loading up on UFA's year after year...it was always going to be a long road for the Nordiques, I hope you keep it up until you achieve some success!

I know Dahlin is a stud but doesn't seem like you have a ton of other guys from the '18 and '19 drafts in the line-up yet. I see you have Calen Addison coming up this next season. Just developing guys slowly or have you just had disappointing/bad luck drafts? Have you been able to develop a prospect pool that will start helping to lift the team in the near future?

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Really interesting player that has developed very very well for the devils (I am just observing the league and not playing anyone). This kid was drafted in the 6th round at 20 years old from college. What a STUD

tZMWAXI.jpg

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I admire that you are playing realistically and not taking advantage of flaws in the game or just loading up on UFA's year after year...it was always going to be a long road for the Nordiques, I hope you keep it up until you achieve some success!

I know Dahlin is a stud but doesn't seem like you have a ton of other guys from the '18 and '19 drafts in the line-up yet. I see you have Calen Addison coming up this next season. Just developing guys slowly or have you just had disappointing/bad luck drafts? Have you been able to develop a prospect pool that will start helping to lift the team in the near future?

I don't like having 18-20 years old in the line-up as they often perform poorly. Most of the time, they make my team at 22-23 years old.

I have a bunch of prospects, but very few studs. Simontaival, Middendorf, Desnoyers, Pelletier, Raty, Nizhikov, Graeme Clark are all coming in the next few years.

Svechnikov went to Admirals and is over a ppg for the 2nd straight year.
Lafreniere went to Whitetails and had 56 pts in 77 games the first year and is currently 36 in 44.

As of now, the top5 of each draft point wise
#1 Svechnikov 234 pts
#14 Milos Roman 137 pts
#3 Filip Zadina 134 pts
#12 Ty Smith 113 pts
#2 Rasmus Dahlin 108 pts

#4 Jack Hughes 132 pts
#5 Kirby Dach 82 pts
#1 Peyton Krebs 64 pts
#8 Samuel Poulin 62 pts
#2 Artemi Knyazev 46 pts

#1 Alexis Lafreniere 92 pts
#2 Marco Rossi 36 pts
#12 Kaiden Guhle 32 pts
#4 Josh Lawrence 18 pts
#21 Theo Rochette 9 pts

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Fifth season end:
4th of the 5 (Kraken 65 pts)
67 points (29-44-9)
Best scorer Maxime Fortier 32-25-57(new record)
Best goalscorer Maxime Fortier 32-25-57(new record)
New record for points for LW,RW,D

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
I decided to give the 36 db a try and took a random expansion team. I ended up with Saskatchewan Whitetails.

I actually wrote a bigger piece about my 1st season but when I clicked submit post, the site had logged me out and I lost my whole post.
Quick notes from the 1st season:
- I finished with 17-60-5 with 39 points. By far the most of the eexpansion teams (Vegas excluded)
- My team was like all the other teams here. Players from Europe, Waiver claims etc. I didn't find any trade partners during the season so I ended up with my own draft picks.
- Neal was traded to Flames and Nash was traded to Predators. Rangers traded Zuccarello to Red Wings for Frans Nielsen and some mid round picks, which was the weirdest trade.
- Lightning beat the Jets in 5 to win the Stanley Cup. Vasilevskiy carried the Bolts taking home Playoff MVP.
- Seguin put up 51+68=119, and finished 1st in goals, assists and points.
- Skinner won the Hart Trophy with 48 goals and 91 points leading Carolina tied for the league lead. (Tiebreaker went in favor of the Ducks)
- Gostisbehere won the Norris after scoring 22 goals. Gardiner and Rielly were 1st and 2nd in D scoring, followed by Gostisbehere and Esa Lindell!
- Price won the Vezina Trophy even though Habs missed the playoffs.
- Capitals, Blue Jackets, Blackhawks, Blues and Sharks all missed playoffs. Devils, Avalanche, Flyers made it.
- Before the draft Avalanche traded Duchene (69 points in 70 games) to Sharks for Couture (35 in 72 games).
- Sabres won the lottery and drafted Rasmus Dahlin with the 1st overall pick. Followed by Svechnikov (Scouts) and Zadina (Admirals)

January 1st, 2019 update:

My draft picks (and how they're doing):
6th: Adam Boqvist (RD), signed 3 year deal with Ak Bars Kazan (KHL), 2+4=6 in 41 games. Constantly bashed in the Russian media (6.20 AvR)
41st: Alexis Gravel (G), 12-6-0, 2.32, 0.925, 7.33 AvR (Halifax, QMJHL). Seems to be doing OK.
77th: Jake Wise (C), 5+10=15, 6.94 AvR in 16 games (Boston University, HE). Seems to be doing fine too.
113th: Mathias Emilio Pettersen (C/LW), 2+6=8, 6.44 AvR in 16 games (Denver, NCHC). Media has been very critical of his play, attributes already going down, seems like an early bust.
149th: Connor Roberts (C), 3+7=10, 6.64 AvR in 33 games (Hamilton, OHL). Defensive Center, he is +2 in a struggling Hamilton team.
185th: Jordy Bellerive (C/RW), 19+25=44, 7.82 AvR (Lethbridge, WHL). Has been playing lights out and was rewarded a spot in the Canada WJC team. Seems like an early steal.
221st: Samuel Bucek (LW/C/RW), 13+2=15, 6.53 AvR (Portland, AHL), A pure goals scorer doing fine in his first year in NA.

My current Roster (stats):

Vladimir Tkachyov (22+19) - Jan Kovár (12+27) - Steve Moses (13+11)
Leo Komarov (5+6) - Ryan Spooner (8+13) - Jesper Fast (7+8)
Melker Karlsson (3+10) - Tyler Bozak (7+11) - Josh Archibald (5+9)
Ville Leskinen (5+19) - Cody Eakin (10+9) - Lee Stempniak (5+8)

Ryan Murray (1+15) - Brayden McNabb (1+5)
Dan Hamhuis (2+9) - Kevin Klein (0+7)
Jon Merrill (4+3) - Jordan Subban (4+8)

Calvin Pickard (13-8-1 2.77 GAA 0.901 SV%)
Joni Ortio (8-4-2 2.74 GAA 0.902 SV%)

So starting the year 2019, I'm currently 7th in the West with a 21-12-3 record (45 points). Vladimir Tkachyov has been really comfortable in the NHL scoring 41 points in 36 games with a whopping 8.22 AvR. His 22 goals is good for 3rd in the league and his 41 points is also worth the 3rd spot. Already he seems like he's running away with the Calder Trophy and could be in the discussion for the Hart Trophy if he keeps this up and the Whitetails make the playoffs.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Since some of the KHL players are able to be bought out and come over right away, he's the guys I target from Day 1 to sign (and usually can with little trouble)...it's a good way to beef up your squad with some younger talent:

Forwards
- Vladimir Tkachyov, C (Ak Bars one): Good all-around center, "Two-way forward, 3rd line potential"...he's a top grab with limited center depth at your disposal
- Johan Sundstrom, C: Another center not great at anything but pretty solid all-around, "Power forward, 3rd/4th line talent"
- Mikhail Grigorenko, LW/C: We all are familiar with Grigs...pretty talented and actually a fairly smart player but low on physicality and determination...could still be a top 6 player for an expansion team, "Two-way forward, 2nd/3rd line potential"
- Nikolai Prokhorkin, LW: Solid sniping ability and not afraid of the rough stuff, "Goal scoring forward, 3rd line potential"
- Alexander Barabanov, RW: Another winger with some goal scoring upside, "Power forward, 3rd line potential" even though he's not particularly big or rough.

Defenders
- Artyom Zub, LD/RD: Good defensive-minded defender, definitely worth getting, "Defensive defenseman, no. 3/4/5/6 potential"
- Zakhar Arzamastev, LD: Really nice slapshot from the point, "Pointman, no. 5/6 potential"
- Niclas Burstrom, LD/RD: Smaller guy with good skating and positioning, "Two-way defenseman", probably best as a 6/7 guy

Goalies
- Andrei Kareyev: Really quality young netminder, "Starting goaltender, hybrid style", can probably start for you right away - will only come over if he's a "key player"
- Alexei Krasikov: Work in-progress but should have good upside, "Starting goaltender, acrobatic style"

The following guys I have been able to sign but you have to wait till their contracts are over (summer 2018):

- Vladimir Tkachyov, LW (Admiral one): People have seemed to have good luck with him, high scoring upside but also bust factor
- Konstantin Okulov: C/LW: Really talented, no guarantees but IMO an even better prospect than Tkachyov
- Alexander Khokhlachev, C: Former Boston Bruin is still young and creative with top 6 upside, potentially
- Dennis Everberg, RW/LW: Former Colorado Avalanche is a burly winger who is a force in the KHL - but probably better as a grinder in the NHL

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I don't know why I can't get this to work. when I unzip, there isn't any many files as other databases and when I do bring what is there, nothing shows up.

Under database you should have the NHL36 folder, all it needs in that folder is the DB file and the extra config file.

If it is not showing up when you start a new game as a selectable database, what I have found is sometimes you also need to make sure there is a DB file in the root database directory...not sure why, but it is something I have noticed.

569fb2bea2e825c88d7b304170cbd47e.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad