Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Just a quick note, for some reason going into the training camp menu crashes the game so when you get to that point, you just have to let the CPU set your training camp rosters.

Got it, thanks!

Nordiques win home opener!

The Los Angeles Kings took a early lead 2 minutes in with Jim Dowd scoring the first goal against the new Quebec franchise. The Nordique came back in the last five minutes of the first period with the first goal of the franchise by Ben Street, assisted by Daniel Ciampini and Jason Akeson. The trio did it again mid-point of the 2nd (Ciampini from Akeson/Street), but the Kings posted 2 unanswered goal by Kopitar. Stajan (Miller, Bitteto) forced the OT with less than 2 minutes left. The game finished in the SO with Jakub Kindl and Melker Karlsson scoring for QC.

10 games in (2-8-0, tied best of the 5 with Milwaukee, 1st in GF, 3rd in GA), here is the roster:

Fast - Fiddler - Gionta
Karlsson - Stajan - Akeson
Miller - Ben Street - Leino
Daniel Ciampini - Christian Thomas - Casey Bailey
Brendan Shinnimin

N. Schultz - Polak
Kindl - Butler
Bitteto - Jesse Dudas
Sam Lofquist, Pardy

Andrei Kareyev
Yann Danis

EDIT:
De Roussy makes first QC moves!

De Roussy made some moves as QC approached the 30 games played milestone (6-21-1). His first trade moved two veteran players who failed to make the squad (Dave Spina and Nick D'agostino) to Vegas for Jon Merrill who was struggling to make the VGK line-up. He then made a spot for Merrill by trading Adam Pardy and struggling center Brendan Shinnimin for the disappointing Senators center Nate Thompson. He made more spots for the youngster D in STJ by trading vets Dan Spang and Jon Landry to Boston for a 4th in 2018.

Coach Luc Zitouni is expected to go with this lineup in the next few games:

Fast - Thompson - Gionta
Karlsson - Fiddler - Akeson
Miller - Stajan - Leino
Daniel Ciampini - Ben Street - Casey Bailey
IR: Christian Thomas

N. Schultz - Merrill
Bitteto - Polak
Kindl - Sam Lofquist
Butler Injured: Jesse Dudas

Andrei Kareyev
Yann Danis

Prospects to watch:
Daniel Brickley, D, 22
Vasilyi Demchenko, G, 23
Tyler Sheehy, C, 22
Maxime Fortier, RW, 19
Tyler Kelleher, RW, 22

Last edited:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Not a bad start to be honest! How did you get Fast, was he on waivers? Usually I can get Melker Karlsson and Matt Stajan but never seen Fast on waivers yet. I find the first season involves LOTS of waiver claims to help build the team. Watch the Red Wings goalie situation, usually one of Mrazek or Howard gets pissed off at some point and then waived (whoever ends up as the backup) and Halak often gets disgruntled and waived by the Isles...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Not a bad start to be honest! How did you get Fast, was he on waivers? Usually I can get Melker Karlsson and Matt Stajan but never seen Fast on waivers yet. I find the first season involves LOTS of waiver claims to help build the team. Watch the Red Wings goalie situation, usually one of Mrazek or Howard gets pissed off at some point and then waived (whoever ends up as the backup) and Halak often gets disgruntled and waived by the Isles...

Fast got waived.

Mrazek+4th+5th went to Anaheim for... Francois Beauchemin :laugh:

Howard+ rights to Zablocki to Kansas for 2nd+4th

They are currently running a Machovsky+Cam Johsnon duo :laugh:

Halak went to Jets for a third and is now playing for their AHL affiliate.

I'm running a Kareyev/Demchenko duo. Sent Danis away for a 7th and my new russian goalie Alexei Krasikov is the starter in the AHL. I'm 7-27-2 4 points ahead of the Whitetails.

My best scorer is Jason Akeson 34 gp 9-12-21.

EDIT:

Finished the season with 33 pts.

New roster for the next season:

Karlsson - Thompson - Tom Pyatt
Daniel Carr - Konstantin Okulov - Ville Leskinen
Street - Andrei Loktionov - Alexander Barabanov
Thomas - Bailey - Akeson
Fast, Samuel Henley

Rasmus Dahlin - Daniel Brickley
Kindl - Merill
Matt Irwin - Lofquist
Polak

Kareyev
Demchenko

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Fast got waived.

Mrazek+4th+5th went to Anaheim for... Francois Beauchemin :laugh:

Howard+ rights to Zablocki to Kansas for 2nd+4th

They are currently running a Machovsky+Cam Johsnon duo :laugh:

Halak went to Jets for a third and is now playing for their AHL affiliate.

I'm running a Kareyev/Demchenko duo. Sent Danis away for a 7th and my new russian goalie Alexei Krasikov is the starter in the AHL. I'm 7-27-2 4 points ahead of the Whitetails.

My best scorer is Jason Akeson 34 gp 9-12-21.

EDIT:

Finished the season with 33 pts.

New roster for the next season:

Karlsson - Thompson - Tom Pyatt
Daniel Carr - Konstantin Okulov - Ville Leskinen
Street - Andrei Loktionov - Alexander Barabanov
Thomas - Bailey - Akeson
Fast, Samuel Henley

Rasmus Dahlin - Daniel Brickley
Kindl - Merill
Matt Irwin - Lofquist
Polak

Kareyev
Demchenko

Fast got traded in the first week in mine for a first round pick to Nashville. :laugh:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
My story, because this is fun.

In a complete shocker the NHL has decided in addition to Vegas Golden Knights 5 additional teams will be starting operations. Seattle Kraken, Kansas City Scouts, Milwaukee Admirals, Saskatchewan Whitetails, and Quebec Nordiques will all open their doors immediately. These teams will not be allowed an expansion draft and be forced to make do with what can be found. The Seattle franchise is the only one with any kind of management in place as they had thought about preparations beforehand.

Krakens announced Holden Caulfield as their GM on July 2nd. Caulfield has set a goal to build a roster that will not use all veterans on their last chance, but rather add some youth that may be over their head but should improve.

First move was to get two high profile young Russian stars to buy out their contracts to come over with icetime guarantees in LD Artyom Zub and LW Nikolai Prokhorkin. Both young players should feature in prominent roles.

Lots of borderline young players were added, but finally on July 9th some more prominent players are added in LW Drew Miller and LD Jakub Kindl. The two ex-Red Wings should be a veteran presence in lesser roles.

On July 14th the Kraken announce the signing of their new captain in veteran C John Mitchell. At the same press conference they announce signing of assistant captain RD Dennis Wideman.

In late July a few more veterans in RW Teddy Purcell and C Andrew Desjardins are brought in, while G Reto Berra was claimed off waivers from the Ducks who were giving him a chance to join one of the new teams.

Training camp opens with battles in multiple spots, too many to name. The team is bolstered by late waiver wires additions in the form of LD Joe Morrow from Boston, C Marek Hrivik from Calgary, and LW Melker Karlsson from San Jose. LD Stuart Percy was lost on waivers to Quebec Nordiques. The opening night roster is announced as such.

Seattle Kraken
Nikolai Prokhorkin - Marek Hrivik - Steve Moses
Melker Karlsson - John Mitchell"C" - Teddy Purcell"A"
Drew Miller - Tyler Sheehy - Austin Ortega
Chris Vande Velde - Andrew Desjardins - Chris Porter

Jakub Kindl - Dennis Wideman"A"
Joe Morrow - Artyom Zub
Daniel Brickley - Victor Bartley

Reto Berra
Leland Irving

Scratches: LD Marc-Andre Gragnani, C Samuel Henley, C TJ Hensick

Utah Grizzlies
Darren Archibald - Ryan Moore - Tyler Kelleher
Brady Ferguson - Colin Smith - Matt Gaudreau
Brendan Ranford - Ryan Haggerty - Cole Bardreau
Tyler Boland - Austin Cangelosi - Scott Kosmachuk

Jimmy Schuldt - Darren Raddysh
Ryan Culkin - Brendan Gormley
Jack Ahcan - Jake Linhart

Sam Brittain
Stephon Williams

ECHL Players
G Daniel Altshuller
RD Ian Scheid
LW Guillaume Gauthier
LW Marc Michaelis
C Antoine Dufort-Plante
RW Alexis D'Aoust

During the season opening press conference Caulfield expressed confidence that this roster would prove at least the best of the 5 new expansion teams. Much of that confidence is due to an impressive 6-1 pre-season with strong performances from young players like Ortega and Brickley in camp as well as great camps from Berra and Moses. Caulfield also talked about the reason for having 49 contracts was due to having 14 players on NHL roster with contracts expiring at the end of the year that may be moved at or near the deadline.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
do the expansion teams in the NHL36 database have a full roster of UFAs? Or are there some undrafted rookies on there? I dont remember the starting database having that many free agents to compensate for that lol.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
do the expansion teams in the NHL36 database have a full roster of UFAs? Or are there some undrafted rookies on there? I dont remember the starting database having that many free agents to compensate for that lol.

Blank rosters to start, up to you to fill them. That's why I recommend an early start date, to give yourself time.

There's actually a decent amount of sign-able guys, but you are going to have to dig deep and scout hard. And future roster updates will only get harder because I'm going to keep transactions updated based on real-life.

- You've got your UFA vets who have yet to sign like Wideman, Liles, Kindl, etc. Also guys like Iginla and Jagr but they may choose to retire rather than sign with you. Zaripov is also out there as an UFA. And there are former drafted prospects like Troy Bourke and Scott Kosmachuk who haven't signed anywhere in real life yet. Not that they are any good really but at least they aren't 35 years-old.

- There are quite a few '96 born former junior players who still haven't signed on with either a minor pro, European or USports team. They generally aren't very good or promising but fine filler material for your farm clubs. Same with now graduated NCAA players. Austin Ortega is a decent one who is out there.

- You can try to hit up NCAA and European clubs to get some guys. In general, undrafted NCAA free agents will be fairly eager to sign from what I've seen. Russians are usually hard to get but looks like Holden got a couple of solid ones to come over right away. Daniel Brickley is a must-sign from the NCAA and Brady Ferguson is also promising.

- Waivers will be your friend throughout the first couple of seasons...especially that rush of waiver guys right before a season starts when other teams finalize their NHL rosters. That's actually the best way to get actual NHL capable players outside the precious few remaining UFAs. It's also a good way to beef up your goaltending.

- Sometimes you can flip marginal prospects that you have signed for disgruntled or expensive NHL players that teams are looking to deal for cap reasons. You also have your 2018 picks to deal but I'd recommend not doing that since it is a good draft and really is going to be the future foundation of your franchise.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
2017-2018 Seattle Kraken Mid-Season Report
October Report:
The Kraken win in just their 3rd game at home against the Hurricanes. The "Misfit" line of Prokhorkin - Hrivik - Moses is the core of the team as they get off to a 3-3 start of the year. Backup Leland Irving gets all of those wins and has stolen the starting spot from Reto Berra posting a .922 save percentage in his first 3 games. Berra has been visibly upset that his NHL return has gotten off to a rocky start.

October 13th, 2017
Kraken make first trade in franchise history!
Seattle Kraken have acquired G Jimmy Howard from the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for LD Brendan Gormley and C Austin Cangelosi.
Detroit was desperately trying to get rid of Howard's contract but could not find any team that would take him without taking a similarly handcuffing contract back. With plenty of cap room the Kraken agree to take the contract giving back just borderline 25 year old depth defenseman and a long shot prospect. Gives the Kraken some stability in net with Berra's volatile temperament not helping.

To make room on the roster for Howard struggling youngster C Tyler Sheehy was sent to Utah.

End of Month: Kraken finish the month 6-9-0 with back to back wins over Vegas and Calgary. Steve Moses sits 4th in the league in goals and points.

November Report:
November 2, 2017
Kraken deal G Reto Berra to Milwaukee for 2018 6th Round Pick
Reto Berra was looking for yet another chance to get back into NHL. There was no room for him in Utah with Sam Brittain having a great season down there anyways. Admirals 3 headed monster of Kevin Poulin, David Rittich, Josh Tjordman have been horrendous to start the year and a 6th round pick was a small price to win maybe a few games.

LW Darren Archibald has been recalled to serve as a 14th forward.

End of Month: Kraken finish the month 5-7-1 to fall to 11-16-1. Still sitting in a reasonable position with 23 points, the Kraken remain ahead of several non-expansion teams nevermind the other 4 no player expansion teams. The Misfit line continues to be a force for the team while the Howard - Irving tandem is proving a stabilizing presence.

December Report:
A rash of injuries to key players like Marek Hrivik, Steve Moses and Andrew Desjardins hurt the team in the first part of the month. Tyler Sheehy is recalled and Tyler Kelleher comes up to make his NHL debut. Sheehy finds his groove and has 5 points in 7 games in December. Kelleher struggles and is returned to Utah. As the team gets healthy Darren Archibald is waived and claimed off waivers by Quebec.

End of Month: Kraken finish the month 2-9-2 to go to 13-23-3. The injuries to the top line really killed the early season momentum. The Kraken sit 15th in the West ahead of Whitetails (8-32-0), Scouts (3-34-3), and Admirals (2-38-1). Also ahead of Nordiques in east who are a dismal 1-39-1 having allowed 278 goals already.

Mid Season Report (Kraken):
Steve Moses leads the Kraken with 26 goals in 38 games, which is good for 4th in the entire league. His 42 points is good for 14th in the league and also leads the team. Nikolai Prokhorkin has 13 goals, 37 points in 41 games which is 4th among rookies behind Kyle Connor (WPG), Clayton Keller (ARI), and Josh Ho-Sang (NYI). The 3rd player on the Misfit Line in Marek Hrivik has 27 points in 33 games. They are driving the offense on the team with Karlsson (21pts), Hensick (20pts), Purcell (20pts) providing some secondary scoring. Dennis Wideman leads the defense with 19 points and is starting to attract attention on the trade market. Joe Morrow leads the team with a +5 rating. Howard boasts an 8-13-0 record with a .900 save percentage.

Mid Season Report (NHL):
Minnesota Wild lead the league with 63 points. Nashville leads the East with 62 points. Surprisingly the Oilers, Ducks, Blackhawks all sit outside the playoff picture in the west. Nikita Kucherov and Steven Stamkos are tied for the league lead with 55 points each, Crosby just behind at 53. Defending Hart trophy winner Connor McDavid is struggling with the rest of the Oilers as he has just 38 points in 40 games. Holtby is the current front runner for Vezina with a .930 save percentage and 1.86gaa. Shayne Gostisbehere is helping the Flyers lead the league in goals as he has 37 points in 41 games to lead all defensemen.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Blank rosters to start, up to you to fill them. That's why I recommend an early start date, to give yourself time.

There's actually a decent amount of sign-able guys, but you are going to have to dig deep and scout hard. And future roster updates will only get harder because I'm going to keep transactions updated based on real-life.

- You've got your UFA vets who have yet to sign like Wideman, Liles, Kindl, etc. Also guys like Iginla and Jagr but they may choose to retire rather than sign with you. Zaripov is also out there as an UFA. And there are former drafted prospects like Troy Bourke and Scott Kosmachuk who haven't signed anywhere in real life yet. Not that they are any good really but at least they aren't 35 years-old.

- There are quite a few '96 born former junior players who still haven't signed on with either a minor pro, European or USports team. They generally aren't very good or promising but fine filler material for your farm clubs. Same with now graduated NCAA players. Austin Ortega is a decent one who is out there.

- You can try to hit up NCAA and European clubs to get some guys. In general, undrafted NCAA free agents will be fairly eager to sign from what I've seen. Russians are usually hard to get but looks like Holden got a couple of solid ones to come over right away. Daniel Brickley is a must-sign from the NCAA and Brady Ferguson is also promising.

- Waivers will be your friend throughout the first couple of seasons...especially that rush of waiver guys right before a season starts when other teams finalize their NHL rosters. That's actually the best way to get actual NHL capable players outside the precious few remaining UFAs. It's also a good way to beef up your goaltending.

- Sometimes you can flip marginal prospects that you have signed for disgruntled or expensive NHL players that teams are looking to deal for cap reasons. You also have your 2018 picks to deal but I'd recommend not doing that since it is a good draft and really is going to be the future foundation of your franchise.

Thanks for the fast response Foppa, I'm really eager to try this database out! Looks like an awesome project.

I always try to sign players who never *quite* made it to the NHL (Robert Rosen, Juhamatti Aaltonen, etc.) I'm sure they'll be quite easy to sign.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Thanks for the fast response Foppa, I'm really eager to try this database out! Looks like an awesome project.

I always try to sign players who never *quite* made it to the NHL (Robert Rosen, Juhamatti Aaltonen, etc.) I'm sure they'll be quite easy to sign.

Problem with alot of them is if they are already signed in Europe you can't bring them over until the next year. Some Russian's come over right away, others you have to wait a year, most other leagues it waits until the next year. Also some guys simply do not want to come over at all.

It makes it quite a bit harder.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Yeah, the "36" database is definitely not very realistic but a lot of fun in it's own way if you love a massive challenge. I also like the farm system set up.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Post Deadline Update
January Update 2018

Things start to go off the rails in January. On January 5th Leland Irving who was having a pretty decent comeback year with a 5-9-3 and .887 save percentage goes down with a UCL tear and will miss the rest of the year. Same Brittain who is sporting a .919 save percentage and a stunning 19-1-1 record with Utah in the AHL is recalled to fill the void for the rest of the year. After a 2-7 start to the year the Kraken have decided to get a head start on the deadline craziness.

January 21st, 2018
Kraken trade RD Dennis Wideman to Penguins for Pens 1st Round Pick in 2019 and Pens 2nd Round Pick in 2019.
Leading the team's defense with 21 points in 49 games, Wideman was proving he was not done in the NHL. As many as 10 suitors were looking at Wideman and he was likely the best offensive D rental on the market. Pens have decided to go all in this year and needed to add some more offence to the back end.
Kraken trade C John Mitchell to Predators for LD Andrew O'Brien and Predators 2nd Round Pick in 2018
Perhaps a mirror to the Gaustad trade from a few years ago, Mitchell has shown great leadership leading the Kraken to a solid record and competitiveness with even established teams. Also still a solid PK guy and faceoff guy, Preds needed some depth down the middle. Paid a high price but could be worth it if 1st place Predators can go on a run.

End of Month Report: Kraken finish the month 2-10-3 to fall to 15-33-6. With the team falling apart everyone knows that a firesale is on the way. They have a whole bunch of expiring contracts and will be loading up for the future.

Around the NHL: Detroit starts a complete firesale when they trade also Petr Mrazek to Buffalo for a 2nd Rounder in 2018. Left with Machovsky and Coreau on the team. Winnipeg adds some depth scoring in Thomas Vanek from Vancouver for Ben Chiarot, a 2nd in 18 and a 5th in 18. Detroit continues their sale by getting a 1st and 2nd in 18 from Pittsburgh for a resurgent PA Parenteau. LA acquires 20 goal scorer Radim Vrbata from Florida for goalie prospect G Matt Villalta. Big deal of the month is Vegas trading RW James Neal and prospect RW Jonas Rondbjerg to Carolina for struggling LD Haydn Fleury, prospect RD Luke Martin, 1st Round in 18 and 2nd Round in 18. Quebec continues to try to build a team on the fly getting RD Erik Gudbranson from Vancouver for 3rd in 18 and 4th in 18.

February 2018
Kraken start the month off with another pair of deals.
Kraken trade LD Jakub Kindl to Colorado for C Carl Soderberg and Av's 3nd Round Pick in 2018
Avalanche currently sit in 9th in the West. Soderberg, who was waived twice during the year, has not found a role and holds negative value with his huge contract. Colorado adds a depth piece for their blueline with getting rid of Soderberg's deal, while Kraken add a decent middle 6 center to help solidify a center position that has lacked, particularly after Mitchell and Hensick being traded. Kraken also add a pick.
Kraken trade RW Teddy Purcell and C TJ Hensick to Minnesota for C Matt Cullen, RD Carson Soucy, MIN 2nd Round Pick in 2018
Kraken continue to add picks to their stable. Cullen was a healthy scratch in Minnesota and was dealt so he wasn't forced off the roster. Soucy was a toss in for contract numbers. Minnesota meanwhile is loading up for a Cup challenge. Purcell had 22 points in 54 games and Hensick had 24 points in 54 games. Both will add some depth scoring for the Wild.

After going 2-2 to start the month the Olympic break hits. As a pleasant surprise one Kraken player is in fact named to an Olympic squad. #1 center Marek Hrivik is named to the Slovakian team. He would in fact play #1 C for Slovakia and scores a goal and an assist going +1 in the tournament opener against Kazakhstan. He would struggle in the remaining games going -5 with 1 assist in the last 4 games as Slovakia exits in the quarterfinals. Canada wins the Olympics in the shootout against Sweden. Russia takes bronze.

Trade Deadline MAYHEM.
The Seattle Kraken would set a new record by completing a stunning 11 trades on deadline day. The roster would be reshaped, albeit with not many key pieces to deal the action was mostly minor.
The big deal is Kraken deal RW Steve Moses to Carolina for CAR 1st Round pick in 2019.
After months of fruitless contract talk with Moses the tough decision to deal him was made. The Kraken's breakout star Moses had 31 goals, 60 points in 55 games. His price was reduced since many thought he was the product of just icetime but his breakout was hard to deny. Carolina sits 8th in the East as of deadline day and needs all the help they can get. Made a hard push for him to add some more balanced scoring having already added Neal. Kraken are expected to make a big push to get Moses back if he does hit the UFA market.
Kraken trade LW Chris Vande Velde to San Jose for G Troy Grosenick and SJS 3rd Round in 2020.
Sharks needed some depth and a good PKer for their playoff push, currently 6th in West. Grosenick is injured for the year then UFA, 3rd rounder was good value for Vande Velde.
Kraken trade LW Drew Miller to Columbus for RW Nick Moutrey and CBJ 5th round in 2019
Despite a solid year as a 3rd/4th liner the market was really soft for Miller. At 34 it's probably his last kick at the can. Blue Jackets are 12th in east, but just 5 points out.
Kraken trade LD Marc-Andre Gragnani to Tampa Bay for LW Michael Bournival and PIT 4th round in 2018
Tampa Bay had need of a PP QB for the team and despite being an often healthy scratch early on Gragnani had shown PP prowless in the later half of the year with 13 points in last 25 games. Bournival had demanded a trade from Lightning after being a healthy scratch almost all of 2018. Will get a chance to earn a contract late in the year with Kraken.
Kraken trade C Chris Porter to Milwaukee for MIL 4th Round in 2018
Milwaukee wanted a proven veteran that they knew they could re-sign.
Kraken trade C Andrew Desjardins to Los Angeles for C Andrei Loktionov
Loktionov had demanded a trade from LA after playing just 19 games this year. After trading some PK depth LA wanted a solid PKer at no cost and Desjardins was not attracting attention. Loktionov will get his chance in Seattle.
Kraken trade RD Victor Bartley to Carolina for C Clarke Bishop and CAR 5th Round in 2020
Carolina gets a depth #7 while ditching a bust with another year on their deal. Kraken continue to stockpile picks.
Kraken trade C Ryan Haggerty to Quebec for QUE 4th in 2019
Kraken add a pick for guy unlikely to get his chance. In Quebec Haggerty will get a chance to finish year in NHL.
Kraken trade RW Scott Kosmachuk, LW Brendan Ranford, C Colin Smith to Washington for RD Jyrki Jokipakka and WSH 3rd Round Pick in 2018
Washington needed to ditch Jokipakka after acquiring Jason Garrison and Aaron Ness demanding to be called up. They acquired 3 depth guys that can be borderline NHLers.
Kraken trade RW Nick Moutrey, LD Andrew O'Brien, RD Carson Soucy to Quebec for C Andy Blanke
Minor league trade, Quebec needed AHLers, Kraken wanted to purge contract.
Kraken trade G Daniel Altshuller to Kansas City for KC 3rd Round in 2018
Altshuller not only becomes KC's top goalie right now he does still have upside. Wasn't likely to find room in Seattle.

Around the League:
Nashville acquires RW Kyle Okposo from Buffalo for LW Vladislav Kamenev and rights to RD Dante Fabbro and LD David Farrance in a huge blockbuster as Nashville pushes for cup while Buffalo rebuilds. Calvin de Haan to Arizona for rights to RD Filip Westerlund and LD Noel Hoefenmayer to Islanders. LA continues to load up with RD Mike Green and rights to G Joren van Pottelberghe from rebuilding Detroit for RW Adrian Kempe and LD Stepan Falkovsky. Washington gets RD Jason Garrison from Vegas for a pair of 3rd round picks. Minnesota adds depth down the middle with C Ryan Spooner from rebuilding Boston for LD Gustav Olofsson and 2 3rds. Toronto gets rid a bit of their wing logjam by dealing LW Connor Brown to St. Louis for RD Nate Prosser and LD Tommy Vannelli.

Post deadline Kraken roster!
Nikolai Prokhorkin - Carl Soderberg - Marek Hrivik
Melker Karlsson - Andrei Loktionov - Austin Ortega
Matt Cullen - Tyler Sheehy - Tyler Kelleher
Brady Ferguson - Michal Bournival - Samuel Henley

Jyrkki Jokipakka - Artyom Zub
Joe Morrow - Daniel Brickley
Jimmy Schuldt - Darren Raddysh

Jimmy Howard
Sam Brittain

Ex: LD Ryan Culkin, C Ryan Moore, RW Matt Gaudreau
IR: G Leland Irving

Utah Grizzlies
Marc Michaelis - Tyler Boland - Cole Bardreau
Guillaume Gauthier - Antoine Dufort-Plante - Alexis D'Aoust
AHL - Clark Bishop - AHL
AHL - Anthony Blanke - AHL

Jack Ahcan - Ian Scheid
AHL - Jake Linhart
AHL - AHL

Stephon Williams
Troy Grosenick

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Holy cow Moses was amazing for you! Love to see some of these fringe guys with offensive talents breakout as stars with lots of ice time. Also curious to see how he does on a good team, if he continues to be on fire or regresses back into complete anonymity.

Lots of fun reading the updates, keep em coming!

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Holy cow Moses was amazing for you! Love to see some of these fringe guys with offensive talents breakout as stars with lots of ice time.

Lots of fun reading the updates, keep em coming!

Yeah I'm loving this database thanks so much! It was awesome having a first line I named the Misfit Line with Prokhorkin a former Kings prospect I signed out of Russia, Hrivik who I added from waivers after he's failed to make many teams and Moses who was a nobody who created a career in Europe came to NA was a bust, but now became the star. I was pretty upset Moses told me he wanted to test the market, but that is an understandable decision for him despite the fact I was willing to toss money at him (offered him 3y 12 million).

I plan to build a team at least somewhat realistically. By that I mean I will maybe overpay huge for one UFA, but mostly I will again add UFA's to sell at deadline as the rebuild continues.

One issue I have is I think the tactics with EHM are a little bit broken. My setting shooting at barrage is why I am much better than I think they should be.

EDIT: To your edit, I can't wait as well. I don't think he will be as useful on Hurricanes as they added alot at deadline. One of my favourite things is following ex-players, I'll include that in further updates.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I think this was asked a long time ago but I can't find the answer. I like to create notes for my players, is there anywhere to see a list of notes created or any page that uses notes?

Any answers? I hate bogging the thread down with question so i waited a few weeks for a bump haha

thanks in advance!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Best of the 5 again in 2018-2019
I went 22-55-5 for 49 points, 6 points in front of the Admirals.

Maxime Fortier was my best scorer (18g,39 pts) and tied best goalscorer with Okulov (18 goals, 33 pts).

Traded Ville Leskinen for Sobotka and a 3rd (my bad on that one, didn't see he was LW/C instead of C/LW :laugh:).

I got a struggling Krejci from the cap-strapped Bruins for 2 meh prospects (Teixeira and Halbgewachs).

Traded Carr, Thomas and Lofquist for picks. I wanted to keep Carr, but he wasn't gonna sign even for 2.4M for 3 years.

Dominik Kubalik - Krejci - Fortier
Karlsson - Thompson - Fast
Sobotka - Sheehy - Barabanov
Semyon Koshelev - Okulov - Vladimir Tkachyov
Pyatt, Ferguson

Dahlin - Merrill
Kindl - Brickley
Irwin - Polak
Jimmy Schuldt

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Do you guys know why some KHL players (all of whom have contracts through at least 2018 if not longer) will sign and come over immediately (for compensation) while others won't move until the end of their contracts?

For example, I've gotten Artyom Zub, Vladimir Tkachyov (Ak Bars one), Mikhail Grigorenko and Johan Sundstrom to come straight away for 2017-18 with compensation due to their KHL clubs while the signings of Vladimir Tkachyov (Admiral one), Konstantin Okulov, Alex Khoklakhev, Dennis Everberg and Andrei Kareyev are future signings once their KHL contracts are up (which is how I thought all KHL contracts worked because there is no agreement with the NHL)?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Do you guys know why some KHL players (all of whom have contracts through at least 2018 if not longer) will sign and come over immediately (for compensation) while others won't move until the end of their contracts?

For example, I've gotten Artyom Zub, Vladimir Tkachyov (Ak Bars one), Mikhail Grigorenko and Johan Sundstrom to come straight away for 2017-18 with compensation due to their KHL clubs while the signings of Vladimir Tkachyov (Admiral one), Konstantin Okulov, Alex Khoklakhev, Dennis Everberg and Andrei Kareyev are future signings once their KHL contracts are up (which is how I thought all KHL contracts worked because there is no agreement with the NHL)?

Maybe they have an NHL release clause? (Which they shouldn't)

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Here's my 2017-18 opening night depth chart. In order to accomodate the influx of Russian and KHL-based talent, I hired Slava Bykov as my head coach. I like that he prefers an attractive, attacking style but I'm not sure I have the personel to pull that kind of style off and he's a harsh disciplinarian so we will see how well that goes over on a struggling expansion team!

5a300e5779783d2a3e51076b581d6404.jpg

1b2a05ddda89bb31d81a737ee8d34b1e.jpg

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

This one has always gotten me. I've had guys cross over in January, whereas other would wait 1.5 years till their KHL contract expires. No idea how the game decides who comes over.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
This one has always gotten me. I've had guys cross over in January, whereas other would wait 1.5 years till their KHL contract expires. No idea how the game decides who comes over.

A lot of NA guys "don't work out" and get released allowing them to come back to NA. I rarely hear of Russians doing it (Sobotka is an exception). It would be cool if it was somewhat random at times.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Have any of you guys noticed a lack of scoring from defensemen? I remember it being an issue when you set the league to quicksim, but in a recent test (with full simulation), the best defensemen won't get more than like 50 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad