E3 2016 Discussion + Press Conferences - June 14th - 16th

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Maybe I'm just an old fart but it brings me great joy to see so many gamers get enthralled by a new Zelda games.

Brings back a lot of good memories from 1998.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Just hard to get into a game that looks like a Wii game.

I'm sure many others feel this way too.

Your loss.

As usual with people who judge games on graphics, you miss out on a ton of great games for no good reason.

Graphics ****** are not gamers.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Just hard to get into a game that looks like a Wii game.

I'm sure many others feel this way too.

I understand this mentality for gritty, realistic games that haven't aged well, but for something like Zelda it's pretty dumb. Good gameplay is good gameplay.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I'm just not sold on VR as anything more than an expensive fad right now. This E3 hasn't changed that.

Really? I thought 3D was a fad which would die out when VR became more mainstream, and I was right. VR is still in its infancy and you need pretty powerful hardware to run it well at the moment, but it's the future imo. I can't really think of anything else that could beat the immersion that virtual reality offers. It will get better and more affordable as the industry and technology advances.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Really? I thought 3D was a fad which would die out when VR became more mainstream, and I was right. VR is still in its infancy and you need pretty powerful hardware to run it well at the moment, but it's the future imo. I can't really think of anything else that could beat the immersion that virtual reality offers. It will get better and more affordable as the industry and technology advances.

I mean people will come up with some cool ways to use the tech just like some people got creative with the DS touch screen or motion controls and the Kinect.

Overall though I still expect the usual amount of shovel ware or ****** VR tack on (looking at you final fantasy) and for the old wheel to keep turning. Want people to keep innovating with new tech, but a controller and a tv just works.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

It still feels like it's a ways away

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

The inherent value of immersion is greatly overstated.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I understand this mentality for gritty, realistic games that haven't aged well, but for something like Zelda it's pretty dumb. Good gameplay is good gameplay.

With a marquee Nintendo game you're also guaranteed great polish, plenty of single player value, and a bug free experience. Combine that with solid gameplay and who cares if graphics aren't cutting edge.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Valve thinks immersion is the next big drug and it got them off their ass to do something. I'm inclined to believe them.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Correction: immersion has different value to different people.

My loathing for you people who just want your TV and standard controller will never end :P

Don't get me wrong

For example, I absolutely loved Skyward Sword and it's motion controls, that was the most immersed I ever was in a game and that was 5 years ago now

Thing is, Skyward Sword is still not all that great

I think good design and gameplay matter far more than immersion-ness

Valve thinks immersion is the next big drug and it got them off their ass to do something. I'm inclined to believe them.

Agreed, that's what the market seems to be craving. Plenty of great stuff will take place thanks to VR getting better but your use of the word "drug" is telling.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd appreciate if Nintendo stopped trying to kill the franchises i actually enjoy.

Metroid is dead basically and now old school Paper Mario is too. Color Splash looks like the same garbage Sticker Star was.

I'd say nobody wants that, but Sticker Star inexplicably sold well. No hardcores want this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad