E3 2016 Discussion + Press Conferences - June 14th - 16th

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Hopefully we hear about elder scrolls 6. I can dream can't I

Ea will have a good show. Idk if it will interest me though.

The only thing I want to hear is red dead 3 and gears of war. Everything else is. Oh that's nice. I might pick it up

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Wait, is this Besthesda's first press conference show? I'm not used to seeing them on this list. Exciting to think what they could possibly be doing. From EA I'm hoping for some sort of Star Wars game because, let's face it, Battlefront is disappointing and they need to really bring it with the next IP. As usual I'll be excited for the Sony Press Conference and Ubisoft for once.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Wait, is this Besthesda's first press conference show? I'm not used to seeing them on this list. Exciting to think what they could possibly be doing. From EA I'm hoping for some sort of Star Wars game because, let's face it, Battlefront is disappointing and they need to really bring it with the next IP. As usual I'll be excited for the Sony Press Conference and Ubisoft for once.

Last year was their first conference.

I feel like this year has to be pretty down for them? Doom and Fallout are both pretty recent, so it's not like they're bringing Quake and ES already.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

I feel like this year has to be pretty down for them? Doom and Fallout are both pretty recent, so it's not like they're bringing Quake and ES already.

You're completely right. That's where they debuted the demo for Fallout 4. My thinking I guess is that if they didn't really have that much content they wouldn't have another press conference. Putting together a press conference costs a major amount of time, planning, and money so why do all of that for almost nothing?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I've been trying to stay clear of certain websites, which include twitter.
I'm trying to avoid reading any leaks or rumors. I want everything to be a surprise to me.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yeah that's definitely not worth it. Unless it looks like modded skyrim and then the modders make it even better

The remaster is probably for consoles only and will bring them mods using Bethesda's system like FO4.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
It's almost here !!!!!!

3a5c07253efab4bef4c8cbdeff32e22cd33c1cb2

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
You're completely right. That's where they debuted the demo for Fallout 4. My thinking I guess is that if they didn't really have that much content they wouldn't have another press conference. Putting together a press conference costs a major amount of time, planning, and money so why do all of that for almost nothing?

Nah, we've seen EA go up with no content the last two years.

Thing with E3 conferences is once you miss a year you lose your spot, so companies who have spots tend to want to keep them and just trot out concept art if they have to--although that's changing now as developers realize they don't need E3-sanctioned time to get eyes on their content anymore.

Same goes for booth space, which is why some years you'll see companies with giant spaces for like two games (like Nintendo this year, I would guess). They're just keeping it in reserve for the year when they have more. If they don't use it, the powers at E3 give it away to someone else.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The remaster is probably for consoles only and will bring them mods using Bethesda's system like FO4.

Which is why it's definitely not gonna be worth it. Probably not for consoles either. Unless one of the big mods actually stay true to their word and finish and bring a whole other province full of content

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Really all they need is a tease of their next big game and that will be enough. Or honestly. Just say they're working or have been working on it.

And they really have nothing. Fallout is Done. Unless there's a wholenother wave. Not really any new games unless the rumors are true. Prey 2 and skyrim remaster. Elder scrolls online is a given. But that's all I can think of really

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Hopefully we hear about elder scrolls 6. I can dream can't I

Ea will have a good show. Idk if it will interest me though.

The only thing I want to hear is red dead 3 and gears of war. Everything else is. Oh that's nice. I might pick it up

You won't hear about Elder Scrolls 6 for at least another year, maybe two. The same team that makes ES makes Fallout, so the game is probably in pre-production but thats about it.

Skyrim Remaster will be there, and it's full 1080p, with mod support. Hopefully that should tide you over haha

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
You won't hear about Elder Scrolls 6 for at least another year, maybe two. The same team that makes ES makes Fallout, so the game is probably in pre-production but thats about it.

Skyrim Remaster will be there, and it's full 1080p, with mod support. Hopefully that should tide you over haha

I have my skyrim modded so I'm fine. I'll probably just buy Eso since I like mmos

And while that's true. They always have the team work on 2 games at a time.

Oblivion is done. Small team was working out fallout
Oblivion went to fallout. Then Started working on skyrim
You get the picture

But yeah we probably won't hear anything till next year sadly

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hoping for some big new AAA games. Right now I don't have any on my radar for the rest of this year and next year except Horizon Zero Dawn

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Square Enix Presents E3 2016 live stream schedule:

Monday, June 13
8:00PM – Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report Day 0 Edition

Tuesday, June 14
11:45AM to 12:00PM – Square Enix Presents: E3 2016 Grand Opening
12:00PM to 1:00PM – Final Fantasy XV E3 Kickoff
1:00PM to 1:30PM – #TombRaider20: Top Tombs
1:30PM to 2:00PM – Deus Ex GO: Augmented Turn-Based Infiltration
2:00PM to 2:30PM – Deus Ex: Mankind Divided: Creating an Immersive Action-RPG
2:30PM to 3:30PM – Square Enix Presents: E3 2016 Trailer Line-Up
3:30PM to 4:30PM – Dragon Quest Builders: Builders Gild Session #1
4:30PM to 5:00PM – Milestone: Ride Beyond Your Limits
5:00PM to 5:30PM – Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness: The Final Star Log
5:30PM to 6:00PM – Deep Silver: Agents of Mayhem
6:00PM to 6:15PM – Day 1 Wrap Up

Wednesday, June 15
9:45AM to 10:00AM – Day 2 Heads Up
10:00AM to 11:00AM – Final Fantasy XV Active Time Report: Live from E3 2016 (Japanese Language Program)
11:00AM to 12:00PM – Hitman: Live Stream with Yosuke Matsuda
12:00PM to 12:30PM – Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Breach: Introducing a Brand New Game Mode
12:30PM to 1:30PM – Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age: Gameplay Walkthrogh and Q&A Hosted by The Completionist Gamer
1:30PM to 2:30PM – Square Enix Presents: E3 Trailer Line-Up
2:30PM to 3:30PM – Final Fantasy XV: E3 Special Mission Playthrough + Final Fantasy XV Universe
3:30PM to 4:00PM – Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius: A Special Presentation from the Producers
4:00PM to 4:30PM – Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue Discussion with Kingdom Hearts Co-Director Tai Yasue
4:30PM to 6:00PM – Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer LIVE at E3 2016
6:00PM to 6:15PM – Day 2 Wrap Up

Thursday, June 16
9:45AM to 10:00AM – Day 3 Heads Up
10:00AM to 11:00AM – NieR: Automata Discussion with Developers and Platinum Games’ Takahisa Taura
11:00AM to 11:30AM – I Am Setsuna: Resurrecting the Golden Era of RPGs
11:30AM to 12:00AM – Deus Ex Universe: Bridging the Gap Between Fiction and Reality
12:00PM to 12:30AM – Just Cause 3 ‘Mech Land Assault’ Masterclass
12:30PM to 1:30PM – Square Enix Presents: E3 Trailer Line-Up
1:30PM to 2:30PM – Square Enix Collective: Black the Fall and The Turing Test
2:30PM to 3:00PM – World of Final Fantasy: 2016’s Most Adorable and Heartfelt Epic
3:00PM to 3:30PM – Hitman Gameplay Live Stream
3:30PM to 4:00PM – Deep Silver: Mighty No. 9 and F1 2016
4:00PM to 5:00PM – Final Fantasy XV: Top XV Questions with Director Hajime Tabata
5:00PM to 5:15PM – Square Enix Presents: E3 2016 Grand Finale

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I have my skyrim modded so I'm fine. I'll probably just buy Eso since I like mmos

And while that's true. They always have the team work on 2 games at a time.

Oblivion is done. Small team was working out fallout
Oblivion went to fallout. Then Started working on skyrim
You get the picture

But yeah we probably won't hear anything till next year sadly

Or different teams are more active at different points of the development. The devs who build the engine once finished can probably pass it off to the people who create the content and have probably had a few years already to work on the backbones of the next TES. There's probably people in here who work for one of the big devs or publishers who have a better idea of the process.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Is it weird that since the NEO isn't going to be shown off and that so many games have been announced this week instead of next week that it's hard to be extremely excited? I mean, I love watching the Sony press conferences every year and will watch the PC Gaming one as well. But... I don't know man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad