Player Discussion: dylan samberg

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If he turns into a bonafide top 4 D it would help ease the pain caused when looking at the Winnipeg Jets 2017 draft and seeing bustalainen's name, our first major 1st round screw up...(at least Stanley is a borderline NHLer)
Do you expect him to be top-4 for us on the depth chart this upcoming year?

Teppo Numenor

Mar 14, 2016
I was impressed by his in-season development too. I wonder if he were paired with Morrissey, then more of 44's offensive skills can be mined?
I didn’t think he stood out in his two part seasons with the moose, now here he is looking like a top four D. Could henola or chisholm have similar potential? They both looked better with the moose than samberg did at the time.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

"For me personally, I felt like I discovered more of an offensive side of my game. I felt like I played a little bit more free, I felt really relaxed out there. I started to enjoy it. I feel like I have of an offensive side of my game that I didn't know," said Samberg of his tournament experience.

"The coaches were harping on me all year about that in Winnipeg. To finally be able to play and realize 'yes I have this, I can bring this' was a big takeaway for me."

Lots of positive here. Sounds like he has the confidence to play a bigger role with the Jets.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

"For me personally, I felt like I discovered more of an offensive side of my game. I felt like I played a little bit more free, I felt really relaxed out there. I started to enjoy it. I feel like I have of an offensive side of my game that I didn't know," said Samberg of his tournament experience.

"The coaches were harping on me all year about that in Winnipeg. To finally be able to play and realize 'yes I have this, I can bring this' was a big takeaway for me."

Lots of positive here. Sounds like he has the confidence to play a bigger role with the Jets.
Hey, we saw that potential when he set up the game winning goal in OT in the Vegas series. :sarcasm:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i would not be surprised if samberg may opt for a short-term deal instead of inking himself to a long-term deal prior to really being given higher responsibilities or opportunity for points. he's been a tad under 15 mins a night, essentially all 3rd pair, w/ only 78 gp & 13 career pts. ofc Jets should and probably will push to get him inked through some UFA years. but the resume/experience imo is lacking to anchor himself to an AAV at a high-term at this stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: buggs and Mathil8

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
i would not be surprised if samberg may opt for a short-term deal instead of inking himself to a long-term deal prior to really being given higher responsibilities or opportunity for points. he's been a tad under 15 mins a night, essentially all 3rd pair, w/ only 78 gp & 13 career pts. ofc Jets should and probably will push to get him inked through some UFA years. but the resume/experience imo is lacking to anchor himself to an AAV at a high-term at this stage.
I could see him opting for a short term deal if the Jets want him for a lowball deal. But if they offer a long term deal that's fit for a respectable 2nd pairing d-man I don't see much incentive for him to not sign. 2nd pair d-man seems to make between 3.5-4.5 million, I'd be comfortable offering him that to secure term and hoping that he can be a high end 2nd pairing guy.

Reactions: Flair Hay

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I could see him opting for a short term deal if the Jets want him for a lowball deal. But if they offer a long term deal that's fit for a respectable 2nd pairing d-man I don't see much incentive for him to not sign. 2nd pair d-man seems to make between 3.5-4.5 million, I'd be comfortable offering him that to secure term and hoping that he can be a high end 2nd pairing guy.
And on a bridge he's how much in your mind?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
And on a bridge he's how much in your mind?

I am not sure but I am assuming slightly more than what Stanley had on his current contract... Liljegren and Sandin both signed 2 years at 1.4 million per after a season after being NHL regulars for 1 season with similar 5v5 usage and role as Samberg. I would imagine it would be in that 1.4-1.5 million ballpark range for 2 years.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
He is nowhere near a 2nd pairing. Not even close. He gets sixth defenseman bucks and not a penny more.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3