Rumor: DW in panic mode; Clowe Available (Murray and Handzus Gone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
MacArthur may be a healthy scratch tonight, one of our trade targets with Clowe we've discussed quite a bit.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
MacArthur may be a healthy scratch tonight, one of our trade targets with Clowe we've discussed quite a bit.
I saw that and was thinking the same thing. I would be surprised if DW trades Clowe for MacAurthur at this point. Seems like DW wants to stock up on young players or picks. Maybe if Toronto adds in a pick Doug makes that trade?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If they were going to do a straight swap..i'd prefer David Clarkson..N.J. is shopping him apparently since talks have stalled in re-signing him. Hes a great garbage man and agitator.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
If they were going to do a straight swap..i'd prefer David Clarkson..N.J. is shopping him apparently since talks have stalled in re-signing him. Hes a great garbage man and agitator.
Not gonna happen. Doug already said he's not going to add rentals which is what Clarkson would be.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Not gonna happen. Doug already said he's not going to add rentals which is what Clarkson would be.

I sure hope so that is the case.

At this point I am perfectly content with us trading Clowe for picks/prospects and finishing the season off without adding any other pieces. Figure out if you want to trade any of the big guys in the off-season before the draft.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Clarkson is going to break the bank in the off-season. quality player.

i like CMac, he has a fair amount of creativity but is always **** on by Leafs fans because they don't have the centers capable of utilizing it.

i see both guys making a b-line to free agency, thou.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If we had any cap space at all, I'd be tripping over myself to sign Clarkson. Dude is seriously good.

That said, if DW can get MacArthur for not too expensive, I'd be thrilled. I think he's going to be one of the more under-the-radar signings of this offseason.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If we had any cap space at all, I'd be tripping over myself to sign Clarkson. Dude is seriously good.

That said, if DW can get MacArthur for not too expensive, I'd be thrilled. I think he's going to be one of the more under-the-radar signings of this offseason.

I would think a Clowe for MacArthur trade (get us a good chance on re-signing him) would make sense but .. wait .. no .. Clowe has 0 goals. We'd be lucky to get a 7th for him.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

Yeah Clarkson is an ideal fit with the shooters the Sharks have. Hes always around the net and has soft hands. Hes definetly turned into more than just an agitator/tough guy energy player. Hes going to get paid.

AstroDan

Stars, cars, guitars
Jan 29, 2009
NorCal
fanfavorite_zps6cf7bd87.png

Look guys, Clowe is still the 5th fan favorite despite this season. Man, this fanbase doesn't give Dan Boyle nearly enough love.

Oooof. Agree.
Boyler and Cootch are best players on team, AINEC.
DW - Do NOT get rid of Boyle. One of the best D-men in the league, period. I don't care how old he is...

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

The Sharks should have a few million left over. The free agent market shouldn't be too crazy this year, since so many teams are in cap hell.

Getting rid of Burish would save ~1 million, trading Braun should save another 500K...plus the hope that Irwin doesn't get too much of a raise

I'd prefer it if DW traded Clowe for a prospect (more known asset) vs. a pick.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
7th? Man waivers is the only way for Clowe.

Wait. Lets make it enticing for other teams.

Clowe for XXXX. And we eat all of Clowe's salary.

Are you guys mocking the Bruins fans? I seriously just visited the Trades board for the first time in months because with the recent Murray trade, I was wondering if there were other Sharks-related proposals and I think I read a bit of a Boston-SJ proposal and holy ****.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Are you guys mocking the Bruins fans? I seriously just visited the Trades board for the first time in months because with the recent Murray trade, I was wondering if there were other Sharks-related proposals and I think I read a bit of a Boston-SJ proposal and holy ****.

Yeah, Bruin fans think Shawn Thornton is better than Clowe. I left after I read that.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
The Sharks should have a few million left over. The free agent market shouldn't be too crazy this year, since so many teams are in cap hell.

Getting rid of Burish would save ~1 million, trading Braun should save another 500K...plus the hope that Irwin doesn't get too much of a raise

I'd prefer it if DW traded Clowe for a prospect (more known asset) vs. a pick.

Trading/buying out Burish would save close to 2 million, and it's not a good move to trade Braun. Braun is signed for another 2 years on a great contract. He's at worst a #5, and he has the potential to develop into a very good #3/4. Plus, you can't go into the season with only 6 defensemen on your roster. The huge downgrade to someone like Petrecki isn't worth the <500k you'd save in cap.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

Yeah its pretty outrageous. Let them blow their wad getting Iginla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad