Rumor: DW in panic mode; Clowe Available (Murray and Handzus Gone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
At the risk of sounding like a jaded Sharks fan (I'm not, really!!), if those are the names being tossed around - and I have no reason to believe anything Garrioch says - I'd say that it's more 'I know how to make my team better' then 'panic mode'.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Isn't Bruce Garrioch as big of a hack as Eklund?

I don't see why Handzus would be available either. His value is pretty low and cap-space isn't a problem so DW is better off keeping him as the 13th instead of hurting his reputation by asking a guy with a NMC to waive it.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Isn't Garrioch historically wrong about everything, along with the rest of the Ottawa Sun.

Would be interesting to see a trade though. I just prefer TMac to be fired.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Every name he's listed has been unanimously poor from a fan's perspective. The takeaway is that even an outside hockey source that is famous for being incompetent knows this, so why is the coaching staff still playing them? Clowe is understandable since we have no one else to step up, but that doesn't explain why he keeps getting big minutes including PP and top-line stints. Murray plays over Demers and Handzus over Galiardi, which makes no sense whatsoever from a performance standpoint.

The only reason that makes sense is to bolster their trade value, so that's probably it. Doesn't take an expert to figure out that struggling players will be tradebait.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Here's something funny...while most of the article is likely inaccurate I'll bet the title isn't. With a new owner that puts winning over money DW is probably on the hot seat right now.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose

I don't see why Handzus would be available either. His value is pretty low and cap-space isn't a problem so DW is better off keeping him as the 13th instead of hurting his reputation by asking a guy with a NMC to waive it.

Isn't Garrioch historically wrong about everything, along with the rest of the Ottawa Sun.

Would be interesting to see a trade though. I just prefer TMac to be fired.
Historically, Garrioch has some accuracy around Ottawa like Eklund with Philly. Outside of that, they are both extremely inaccurate.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Do the Sabres need Murray?

I'd love to see something around Murray+ for Stafford but obviously it's probably not gonna happen.

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012

Clearing space to trade for Campbell. E5:sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
1) Rumors say Clowe, Murray, Handzus available.

2) fans start dreaming of trading them for picks and prospects.

3) DW trades Jason Demers for Mark Eaton and Irwin/2nd for Sergei Gonchar.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Garrioch and Eklund getting a lot of hits from this board :laugh: I will agree with whoever said that DW feels the heat of Plattner.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
Here's something funny...while most of the article is likely inaccurate I'll bet the title isn't. With a new owner that puts winning over money DW is probably on the hot seat right now.

Come on, out of all people, I wouldn't have imagined you buying into that BS...

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Come on, out of all people, I wouldn't have imagined you buying into that BS...

Considering one of Plattner's hobbies is racing transoceanic yachts against other billionaires..he likes to win and is willing to do what it takes.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Coach isn't the problem, we have seen it all before. The star players are background leaders.

With the exception of Pavelski and Clowe, the star players have not been a problem. The lack of puck movement and production from the blueline and the lack of consistent scoring depth is killing the team.

The only bright spots in our bottom 6 are Wingels and Sheppard. Everyone else is underperforming, overpaid, or both.

Puck movement and breakout stretegy is the coach's job. Good player signings is on the GM. They both have failed imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad