Confirmed with Link: Duclair, '25 7th to Tampa for D Thompson, '24 3rd

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
That checks out. Hope Duke wins a Cup and then comes back to the Sharks this summer. I’ve never liked a guy who played 75% of one season for the Sharks as much as I like Duclair.
There were moments where Duclair wasn't playing at 100%. He seems to have improved over the past 20ish games, making adjustments to his game.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Good for Duke! And hey, Tampa probably won't re-sign him, so maybe we can bring him back in the summer.

I'd never heard of Jack Thompson and he seems like he's quite a ways down the list of famous Jack Thompsons, but he doesn't look like a terrible player. If nothing else should help out the Barracuda, but he's still young and it would be fun if he gets a shot with the Sharks this year.

Here's some info on him: Tampa Bay Lightning Top 25 Under 25: #8 Jack Thompson

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
got tampa to take a 7th round pick in 2025 instead of 2024?

tenor.gif

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Thompson doesn’t look like the nothing player I’d assumed before looking at his EP page. Could be a bottom-pairing guy or at the very least will help the Cuda a lot.
Yeah, he seems like he could be a legit guy. This is from the link I posted above, before his jump this season in PPG:

There is a lot to like about Jack Thompson as a prospect. He’s still 21 years old and will be for pretty much the entire season. He’s right handed. And over the course of his years in junior then the AHL, Thompson has developed a wide range of tools outside his signature shot, to be valuable on the back end. With all of that in place, it’s no surprise Thompson is the highest defender in our Top 25 Under 25. That’s correct, the next seven players are either forwards or goalies.

I think it says a lot about the Lightning’s depth on defense that their highest ranked prospect is only eighth among the group...

Thompson’s best skill is his shot, which is very good. It, along with his skating and lateral footwork, allows Thompson to be a very useful player on the power play, and in the NHL could lead to second unit time. Over the years, Thompson has built on his one skill to have a very effective defensive game. His mobility and positional awarness allow him to play against rushes and in the defensive zone without much fuss.
Can we just slot him in ahead of Burroughs or Addison now and give him a run of games in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad