• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
This is so true. I will never forget Jets fans assuring us that Getzlaf was going to get shut down by Adam ****ing Lowry.

Lowry will go down in the annals of hockey history with his utter domination of that series. The likes of which have not been seen before or since except perhaps by elite 1st round wunderkind Dylan Mcllrath.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
David Wolf, anyone?
That was the most hilarious posturing that I've seen on these boards. Oh really, a player who was averaging a point every two games in the AHL is going to turn your playoff series around?

I think we could take this in 4, but I don't trust us to do that. I think it's in six.

Reactions: Boogernaut

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
That was the most hilarious posturing that I've seen on these boards. Oh really, a player who was averaging a point every two games in the AHL is going to turn your playoff series around?

I think we could take this in 4, but I don't trust us to do that. I think it's in six.

I also loved how after Ferland beat up the Canucks we were told to watch out for him, then in game 1 he almost immediately gets hurt by trying to lay a huge hit on Cogs only to bounce off of him.

The David Wolf thing was something else though. If your ace in the hole is a meh AHLer....good luck.

Reactions: Exit Dose

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I remember that counter hit from Thompson on ferland it was like a big brother putting a lil bro in his place....his face on the bench was memorable

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
I also loved how after Ferland beat up the Canucks we were told to watch out for him, then in game 1 he almost immediately gets hurt by trying to lay a huge hit on Cogs only to bounce off of him.

The David Wolf thing was something else though. If your ace in the hole is a meh AHLer....good luck.

Not that it really matters, but I am pretty sure it was Nate Thompson who stood up Ferland in game 1. I think the Flames had another 1 or 2 injuries other than Ferland in that game as well. One of the most totally one sided games I have ever seen.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Not that it really matters, but I am pretty sure it was Nate Thompson who stood up Ferland in game 1. I think the Flames had another 1 or 2 injuries other than Ferland in that game as well. One of the most totally one sided games I have ever seen.

Yeah I've seen a couple posts saying it was Thompson so I guess I just remembered it wrong.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lolwut

let me guess, because dustin johnson is married to gretzky's daughter?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I dont even have golf channel....is it going to also be on regular fox sports channel as well?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The X-Factor will be Ryan Kesler.

He needs to at least play decent shutdown hockey if he's not going to score at all. Hopefully the days off will help him a little. I've seen too many games this year where he's mediocre defensively and downright terrible offensively

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
The main board thread is already a cesspool of annoying sharks fans. All the same old trolls are out in force. Some of the same users that tried to sell everyone that John Scott was an actual hockey player.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The Gibernator!!!

But yeah it seemed as he was kept out more for a precautionary reasons, which I completely agree with. No need to run him down even more with a game vs Stars or Coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad