Pre-Game Talk: Ducks vs Sharks - series talk

Who wins this one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
coming in peace.. worst possible matchup for Anaheim. LA would have been a piece of cake compared to Sharks. there's a lot, i mean a lot, of scorers on that team. And that is without Jumbo in the lineup. two of my favs teams from the west and sad to see they are against one another

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
coming in peace.. worst possible matchup for Anaheim. LA would have been a piece of cake compared to Sharks. there's a lot, i mean a lot, of scorers on that team. And that is without Jumbo in the lineup. two of my favs teams from the west and sad to see they are against one another

Lol. Bye troll.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's true that the Sharks are a better team than LA. I think Vegas will give the Kings a run for their money, that should go 7 too

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It's true that the Sharks are a better team than LA. I think Vegas will give the Kings a run for their money, that should go 7 too
It's becoming a bit of a tradition that that fans of our first round opponent just assume beating us will be a cakewalk. Reading the sharks board . . . okay. I'm not too confident because we haven't played well, but this roster playing as it should would walk over San Jose's.

Even playing inconsistent and injured as we are, they better pray they can shut our top line down, because that plus some awesome special teams work is what they're going to need.

Reactions: Exit Dose

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
How the f*** did we end up with home ice? :laugh:

Have to make it count, I hope Gibson is back for Game 1 as I think that's a position in particular we have a big advantage on San Jose. I'm still very pessimistic about this team, but San Jose is a good matchup for us, especially with our form going into the playoffs.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Their PP is much better than ours, but other than that I'm not sure I see them being better than us (maybe they have a slightly better blue line top to bottom with Fowler out). They are also not nearly as physical as they used to be, so that should hopefully bode well for potential injuries.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sleeping on the kings a bit... they have a a great goalie, top 3 dmen in the world.. and kopitar played like a top 3 center in the league. Sharks have scoring but they also play risky and jones hasn't been very solid this year overall.

Should be a good series.... but I don't mind the sharks draw at all..... its what I wanted, and we got home ice which is ncie.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sleeping on the kings a bit... they have a a great goalie, top 3 dmen in the world.. and kopitar played like a top 3 center in the league. Sharks have scoring but they also play risky and jones hasn't been very solid this year overall.

Should be a good series.... but I don't mind the sharks draw at all..... its what I wanted, and we got home ice which is ncie.
I think it was you who mentioned like 2 weeks ago that Sharks might fall off.... I thought that was a crazy prediction. Good call by you

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think it was you who mentioned like 2 weeks ago that Sharks might fall off.... I thought that was a crazy prediction. Good call by you
Lol they had a pretty easy schedule during their hot streak, and its a long season teams get hot and cold(see Calgary).... still will be a good/fun matchup, but def a matchup I wanted and feel we can control.

Reactions: Kalv

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Their PP is much better than ours, but other than that I'm not sure I see them being better than us (maybe they have a slightly better blue line top to bottom with Fowler out). They are also not nearly as physical as they used to be, so that should hopefully bode well for potential injuries.
To me, this is a big part of us dealing with the Sharks. They get the benefit of the doubt as a disciplined team and us the polar opposite. It seems like we can outplay them for stretches 5v5, and then they draw a PP and stick it to us. This season they are top-10 in PP opps home/away/total, while we are sitting 28th/31st/30th respectively.

Reactions: duxfan1101

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
GAMEDATETIMEAWAYHOME
1Thursday April 1210:30 PMSharksDucks
2Saturday April 1410:30 PMSharksDucks
3Monday April 1610:30 PMDucksSharks
4Wednesday April 1810:30 PMDucks Sharks
*5Friday April 20TBDSharksDucks
*6Sunday April 22TBDDucksSharks
*7Tuesday April 24TBDSharksDucks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: DuckRogers10

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Hate the 7:40 start. It's just way too late for a hockey game, even for people on the West Coast.

It's becoming impossible to go to a playoff game if you don't live directly in OC, and have work in the morning

giphy.gif

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
LOL at Sharks choke job. How the f*** did Ducks end up with home ice in round 1.

Should be a good one.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This is ridiculous. Fowler plays half the game. Thornton is a footnote.

Agree to disagree. Fowler plays half the game with incredibly mixed results. Thornton is still an elite passer, is very good defensively and was scoring at a 62 point pace before going down.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
It's becoming a bit of a tradition that that fans of our first round opponent just assume beating us will be a cakewalk. Reading the sharks board . . . okay. I'm not too confident because we haven't played well, but this roster playing as it should would walk over San Jose's.

Even playing inconsistent and injured as we are, they better pray they can shut our top line down, because that plus some awesome special teams work is what they're going to need.

This is so true. I will never forget Jets fans assuring us that Getzlaf was going to get shut down by Adam f***ing Lowry.

Sticky2

May 2, 2017
Still can't believe the Ducks leapfrogged the Sharks.

Considering the Ducks have been the best team in the NHL over the past 10, we shouldn't fear any matchup. If anything, the Sharks are worried about playing the Ducks especially without home ice.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Excited but not confident. The sharks may have peaked too early and we should have a lot of confidence but it means nothing if we don’t win game 1.

#DontLookBeyondNextGame

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at putting together a sort of fan vs fan perspective writeup for our work in progress articles section:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/articles/

Is anyone here interested in writing a 3 paragraph-ish post for us about what you think of the match up, who will win, players to watch, or whatever is on your mind? It can even be a post you were gonna write anyway.

You get trophy points when you contribute an article if that floats your boat :P

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad