• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Carlyle can get us to the 4th Conference Final, it`s not so unrealistic. Won`t be easy but it`s possible.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
What the **** does that even mean? 7th consecutive time since 2009? We missed the playoffs entirely in 2010 and 2012. Although you could say in those years we also opened the playoffs at home..
It means, when we make the playoffs, we start with home ice?

Reactions: Boogernaut

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Never will forget the goal Pronger scored in game 3 of that series. Laser beam over Nabokov's glove. Will be a fun series. Go Ducks!

Oct 18, 2011
I feel like ducks and Kings are destined to meet...not overlooking the sharks it's just a gut feeling I have.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
They don’t have Thornton. We don’t have Fowler.

That’s a trade I gladly take even though Thornton is like 1000 years old.

Can’t believe we got home ice. Would have rather played Vegas but home ice makes this a lot easier to stomach.

Think we take it 4-2. Assuming Gibson is healthy and in regular reason form that is.

Reactions: Peaves

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Nah it’s Niedermeyer easily.

Looks like we’ll have home ice...nice.

In terms of with the Ducks or in general? Nieds had by far the best season from a Ducks Dman ever in 05-06. Should have won the Norris that year.

Pronger was much better at his best in St Louis though. I’ll gladly take either over any two of our current blueline haha.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Drew Miller!! Erik Christensen!! Andrew Ebbett!! Fun times in Anaheim.

don't forget petteri nokelainen

so i was really hoping they avoided the sharks. they've looked scary since they acquired kane. don't have a good feeling about this series but i hope they prove me wrong. i just hope gibson is healthy

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
Good news is without Thornton their power play looks pretty rough. If the Ducks can figure out a way to keep Getzlaf on the half wall while Fowler is out that should give the Ducks a big special teams advantage..

I would just try Lindholm and Montour on the first PP unit, Montour has been better at moving the puck lately and can cover for Fowler in that department well enough I think. Heck even Beauch/Monty might be a good option if giving Lindholm PP time is out of the question, but I would feel a lot safer with Lindholm as the last guy back.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We've made the conference finals 5 times already. Unless you mean the 4th time under Carlyle, in which case...yeah. I don't think this is our year, but maybe.
Yes I worded it badly, I meant under Carlyle.

We'll see, I think it is possible but certainly will not be easy. Our team is playing best hockey of the season at the right time, thought

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Yes I worded it badly, I meant under Carlyle.

We'll see, I think it is possible but certainly will not be easy. Our team is playing best hockey of the season at the right time, thought
I thought you did. It should also be noted that in 2 of Carlyle's trips to the conference finals he didn't have the Pronger/Nieds combo that everyone blames his success on.

As to your other point, yes they look pretty good. The reason I don't have any faith in them is they've proven that they're never far from their worst hockey.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thought you did. It should also be noted that in 2 of Carlyle's trips to the conference finals he didn't have the Pronger/Nieds combo that everyone blames his success on.

As to your other point, yes they look pretty good. The reason I don't have any faith in them is they've proven that they're never far from their worst hockey.
Agreed. But they had their hurdles along the way and it took a while to get more or less everybody togetger and it's understandable it took some time to get rolling. The longest winning streak of the year to end the regular season makes me hopeful that we kept our best for now. We'll see how it ends though.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
don't forget petteri nokelainen

so i was really hoping they avoided the sharks. they've looked scary since they acquired kane. don't have a good feeling about this series but i hope they prove me wrong. i just hope gibson is healthy
They definitely did for a little bit, but they literally needed 3 points over the last 2 weeks or so to clinch home ice and they couldn't do it. Not to mention if you look at their streak after acquiring Kane, they only beat a couple decent teams. Not saying they didn't look impressive during it, but they have certainly cooled off quite a bit.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
SJ is not the juggernaut people seem to think they are, especially without Thornton. Ducks will certainly not be blown out, and IMO they should take this in 6 or 7 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad