Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Saw a little of the game tonight and saw Mahura was playing his off side quite a bit. Who knows how our d-men will stack up when he's ready to make the big club, but nice to know that he has that versatility.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Pats defeat Hamilton again, full highlights here.

Regina vs AB Titan in the finals on Sunday.

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
I think the way the nhl is changing... steel will be fine at 5v5 the main thing is finding him the right line mates.

If comtois stays on his development i think he could be a very good line mate for steel.

I think if we dont sign dmen and let our young guys battle it out... mahura will get a very long look and be a dark horse to win 1 of those spots. If only he was right handed we could run

Lindholm manson
Fowler montour
Larsson mahura

One option the Ducks now have is named Jeffrey Truchon-Viel.
He has been outstanding so far at the Mem Cup and has been named the Q MVP this season.
He is an overager who just got signed to a 3 years AHL contract by the Ducks.
By the time Comtois develops, Truchon-Viel should already be in the NHL.....he is that good.
I would say his upside is:
20 goals
100 penalty minutes
200 body checks

He will be better than Lucic was in his prime with better speed, a better shot and very gritty plus he was Captain material all along in Junior.

Also that Comtois stuff definitely puts a shadow on the development of Morand, another Titan player who should develop well.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Maybe Morand has an injury?
Quite facepalming production so far. I haven`t seen any game or highlight tho

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Maybe Morand has an injury?
Quite facepalming production so far. I haven`t seen any game or highlight tho

Imho Morand will be fine. Numbers this year are ok but not great. On the other hand he looks like a player that can carry a line and makes his linemates better. He just needs another year in junior.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Anyone know if a team owns the rights to Olivier Galipeau? Might be a decent untreated FA signing if not, QMJHL Dman of the year and has looked pretty steady partnered with Dobson. Also seems to have some strong leadership qualities, has worn the C in three QMJHL seasons for two different teams.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
AB has absolutely dominated the game thus far -- their forecheck has been stifling on the Pats. The only line to really generate anything offensively has been the Henry-Steel-Hebig line, and they've still been almost completely stifled themselves by their standards. The entire blue line for the Pats has been terrible at breaking the puck out and save for Cale Fleury, their defensive effort has been extremely lackluster as well. Mahura in particular caught my eye as someone lacking hustle in his own end, and has had a pretty poor game overall. Steel has been the Pats' best skater on both sides of the puck by a safe margin (Paddock has been absolutely godly in net after looking somewhat shaky towards the start of the game) but he's not playing nearly as well as he's played for the rest of the tournament. Morand's also looking good as well, and has been a consistent offensive force since picking up an assist on the game's lone goal.

Side note: Noah Dobson is going to be a good one.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Steel wins tournament MVP and tournament top scorer awards.

Steel and Mahura were both named to the tournament all-star team.

Reactions: Exit Dose

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

Morand and his teammate Jordan Maher will be traded to Halifax for picks during next weekend's draft. It will be another run at the Memorial Cup for Morand with the 2019 hosts, the Halifax Mooseheads.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I wonder if Victoriaville will be good next year, I know they should lose Abramov but that might be it. Be cool if they found a way to swing him too.

The rumours are that Comtois is getting traded to Drummondville. Him getting to play with Veleno will be pretty cool. Though I'd love for Halifax to get him somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad