Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Regina loses to Titan 8-6. They were down 7-2 with 15 minutes left and cut it to 1, but couldn't tie it up (Titan added an empty netter). Steel with 4 assists, Mahura 1+1. Morand had 1 assist.

Last edited:

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Tale of two halves. First half of the game was an embodiment of Murphy's law for Regina. Luck swung in their favor following the seventh goal scored by the Titans.. was all Regina from that point forward. Steel and Mahura are without question the go-to forward and defenseman, respectively.

Steel still compares well to Giroux -- monster on the faceoff dot (21/31 tonight), primary neutral zone transition option, PPQB, fantastic vision and pass-first mentality.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I compared steel to giroux when he was drafted... Hopefully he turns out that good

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Steel is going to be good. I feel he's very underrated on this board. People saying Terry is going to be better/more ready? Not sure about that at all

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Regina's coach also labled him as a franchise player a while ago. I think the sky is the limit of Sam but he is not a sure thing. I hope he can progress to the upper end. Mahura is a stud as well.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
No idea how Steel will play at 5 on 5 in the NHL, but he appears to have a very good understanding of how to run a powerplay, which we desperately need.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sam got me so hyped I even forgot Josh, who also should be a good one. Sad that Regina lost but both our guys seem to have great games. I hope th win many titles in the future ;)

Reactions: Getz2perry

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rakell one timer is getting much better, he had some good ones for Sweden and toward the end of the season.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Meanwhile in the Memorial Cup:

Hamilton defeated Swift Current, so AB Titan is on top of the standings after 2 games with 4 points. Regina and Hamilton are tied at 2 points, Swift Current has 0 points.

AB Titan is already safe from elimination, but with a win they advance directly to the final game. Regina needs to win their last game to advance to the semifinals. Otherwise, they'd have to play a tie-breaker game to determine, which team advances...

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No idea how Steel will play at 5 on 5 in the NHL, but he appears to have a very good understanding of how to run a powerplay, which we desperately need.
I think the way the nhl is changing... steel will be fine at 5v5 the main thing is finding him the right line mates.

If comtois stays on his development i think he could be a very good line mate for steel.

I think if we dont sign dmen and let our young guys battle it out... mahura will get a very long look and be a dark horse to win 1 of those spots. If only he was right handed we could run

Lindholm manson
Fowler montour
Larsson mahura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->