Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

That is impressive, I had no idea he was that close to setting the new record. Congratulations!

EDIT:

Just noticed these stats -- Soy is also the greatest goal scorer in the Royals' history, plus he's fourth all-time in assists and fifth in games played. He has a chance of taking the latter two records this season, if he manages to keep producing points and stays healthy.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

That is impressive, I had no idea he was that close to setting the new record. Congratulations!

EDIT:

Just noticed these stats -- Soy is also the greatest goal scorer in the Royals' history, plus he's fourth all-time in assists and fifth in games played. He has a chance of taking the latter two records this season, if he manages to keep producing points and stays healthy.

I've liked Soy each time I've seen him at camp/in tournaments. He's a crafty guy and the puck follows him.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Troy Terry scored twice in yesterday's game. Five points in first four games for number one Denver.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
All in all most of our prospects are having a rough to mediocre start so far. I'm super excited what Badini will do in Harvard. He went scoreless in the first exhibition (7:2 win over the USNTDP U-18) but was 14 out of 18 in the faceoff circle. So far I've give up on Nattinen, and honestly never was very excited about him.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Mahura back in the Pats lineup tonight. Through 2 periods he has 2 goals, is +3 with 5 shots on goal (Pats are up 6-1). Steel has 3 assists and is +2.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
All in all most of our prospects are having a rough to mediocre start so far. I'm super excited what Badini will do in Harvard. He went scoreless in the first exhibition (7:2 win over the USNTDP U-18) but was 14 out of 18 in the faceoff circle. So far I've give up on Nattinen, and honestly never was very excited about him.

Comtois with 9 goals in 9 games is fire.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Not really. Steel is producing what is expected of him (~same as last year), Comtois was playing great before that dumbass injured him, Morand I was hoping for more from but he's still above a PPG, Mahura has 11 points in 8 games as a dman(!!), Terry is above a PPG(expected). Kossila earned a callup.

With the exception of Jones, I'm not really seeing who is having a rough to mediocre start so far. Nattinen fell off the radar a year and a half ago, it's debatable if he's even a top 15 prospect for this team right now

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
For real? I heard he got 15 game suspension.
Whoa, what happened? Do you have more info?
Did he also realised 15 game suspension wasn`t enough and spuspended himselff for the whole season? :laugh: But in any way, the dude might have some issues

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Not really. Steel is producing what is expected of him (~same as last year), Comtois was playing great before that dumbass injured him, Morand I was hoping for more from but he's still above a PPG, Mahura has 11 points in 8 games as a dman(!!), Terry is above a PPG(expected). Kossila earned a callup.

With the exception of Jones, I'm not really seeing who is having a rough to mediocre start so far. Nattinen fell off the radar a year and a half ago, it's debatable if he's even a top 15 prospect for this team right now

Sam was on a 2ppg pace last year all season long and is significant below right now. We will see but I hoped for more from a draft +2 years player. Comtois was fine, that's why I said most. Terry has Borgstrom back and he is - piontwise - on last years performance so far. I expected an improvement with both back. But they lost Butcher, so it's harder to judge.

Jones, Kopacka, Gates, Sideroff should all do better, as should Morand and Olson. And most of the young players in San Diego also have a rough start. Maybe it is just too high expections but I expected a lot more form certain players.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It's really early to be making judgements on progress, especially just using box scores.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Terry with a goal and an assist so far in his game. Comtois returned to the ice last night and had an assist, good to see he is ok.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It looks like Terry's goal was wiped out or something. Not sure, the NCAA box scores are pretty unreliable. I mean, they hardly have the money to build a good website you know?

Reactions: Boogernaut

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Terry got his goal back to break a 3-3 tie with about 15 seconds left in the game.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The knights scored eight goals and Max Jones finished with zero points. Weird season for him after a pretty good camp.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Kopacka had 1G 1A, he's now up to 7 goals and 11 points in 13 games.
Mahura had a goal vs Red Deer. Steel did not play, has an undisclosed UBI.
Soy had an assist, now up to 7 goals and 18 points in 11 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille