Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It's extremely hard to kill somebody with one punch though
Yes, but not terribly difficult by bouncing the back of ones head off of something like ice. That wasn't a standard hockey punch, his head had nowhere to go to soften the blow by being pushed away by the punch into open air.

Regardless, I didn't say it was easy or likely. But it's sure as hell possible in that circumstance.

Reactions: gunnergunther

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Yes, but not terribly difficult by bouncing the back of ones head off of something like ice. That wasn't a standard hockey punch, his head had nowhere to go to soften the blow by being pushed away by the punch into open air.

Regardless, I didn't say it was easy or likely. But it's sure as hell possible in that circumstance.

It was a very reckless play for sure and he should probably be suspended for at least 20 games

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Killed him?

Getting his head bashed into the ice multiple times with no helmet, yes.

Ive never seen that before in hockey. Someone laying on their back getting punched in the face multiple times. The fight STARTED with him on his back. WTF

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Ive never seen that before in hockey. Someone laying on their back getting punched in the face multiple times. The fight STARTED with him on his back. WTF
Seen something similar once before, 20 odd years ago. Huge brawl between the Hawks and Panthers, Jim Cummins punched somebody who was already down on the ice and got a huge suspension, 8 or 10 games. Might have been Nieds, now that I think about it.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

I hate to "defend" the play because there really is no defense for it, but he really only got punched once. It's a disgusting play and the guy who did it should probably sit out the rest of the year

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I hate to "defend" the play because there really is no defense for it, but he really only got punched once. It's a disgusting play and the guy who did it should probably sit out the rest of the year

Someone at the game said he got hit again after the camera was blocked.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Soy player of the week in the WHL. 12 points in 4 games

The Royals having Soy and Matthew Phillips this year is ridiculous. Those two will destroy the dub. I'm surprised Soy went back for his overage year tbh but maybe there was too much depth in San Diego this year to get adequate playing time.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I think the league decided on 15 games because Roy is 20 and Shawinigan can't replace him in the lineup with another 20 yo player as long as he is suspended.

15 games is 1/4 of a season, which can seem longer when it's your last season in junior hockey.

But I agree it should have been longer. The whole season would have been surprising though.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Steel and Mahura made the WHL team for the Canada-Russia series.
Comtois and Morand made the QMJHL team. None of our OHL guys made it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oh, I had no idea only Canadians were eligible. But doesn`t look like Jones is having a good year so far anyway

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Max Jones 3 goals, 9 shots and +2 tonight

Thanks for the update! Kitchener is a great team too, good to see Jones making an impact like that. Hopefully this is a sign of him finally starting to wake up... (game highlights here).

Kopacka also had a goal, highlights here. He's now up to 4 goals and 7 points in 10 games.

Royals played against the Pats -- Steel with 2 assists, Soy with 0 points and a -3 rating. Mahura was absent from Regina's lineup, is he hurt? Highlights here.

Comtois was absent from Victoriaville's lineup, as was expected. AB Titan lost 4-1, Morand was pointless with a -1 rating.

EDIT:

Mahura has suffered a knee injury, his status is apparently day-to-day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad