Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Steel 1+1 tonight and 11 shots on goal. Jones pointless, Mahura with an assist, kopacka a goal yesterday, and comtois's team was shutout.

Reactions: Opak

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Steel 1+1 tonight and 11 shots on goal. Jones pointless, Mahura with an assist, kopacka a goal yesterday, and comtois's team was shutout.

Thanks for the update!

EDIT: Tyler Soy also had a goal and 4 SOG in his WHL season debut.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Not so much fun in the fun year for the Pats lately. Steel & Mahura with a goal.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Mahura's production goes up every single year. I'll be very curious to see how his defensive game translates to the AHL

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Not so much fun in the fun year for the Pats lately. Steel & Mahura with a goal.

Regina seems to have a bit of a problem on D (or G) at the moment (tied for 3rd last in GA in the entire league). Last year, they had a top-4 of Hobbs/Zborovsky/Harrison/Mahura, which was a VERY good group. This year, their D just isn't the same. They've been scoring well though, they rank 5th in the league in GF.

This is their Memorial Cup year, so if they do have a problem in their roster, I'm quite sure they'll figure out a way to fix that. I would expect them to go "all in" at some point.

CHL prospect update:

Jones -- 4GP -- 2+0=2 (-6)
Kopacka -- 6GP -- 2+1=3 (+1)
Soy -- 3GP -- 2+4=6 (+2)
Olson -- 6GP -- 0+3=3 (-2)
Steel -- 5GP -- 3+6=9 (0)
Mahura -- 5GP -- 2+5=7 (+2)
Comtois -- 6GP -- 6+2=8 (+8)
Morand -- 6GP -- 3+4=7 (+2)

EDIT:

Welcome to the boards! :handclap:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Most interested in how Comtois does this year. I went back and read all of the articles on him before the draft as well as during his draft -1 year when he was regarded as a borderline top 5 pick and came away pretty intrigued by his potential. Steel had a similar draft road ironically.

Early on he is had a really nice start to the season and I am excited to see where it leads.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Regina seems to have a bit of a problem on D (or G) at the moment (tied for 3rd last in GA in the entire league). Last year, they had a top-4 of Hobbs/Zborovsky/Harrison/Mahura, which was a VERY good group. This year, their D just isn't the same. They've been scoring well though, they rank 5th in the league in GF.

This is their Memorial Cup year, so if they do have a problem in their roster, I'm quite sure they'll figure out a way to fix that. I would expect them to go "all in" at some point.

CHL prospect update:

Jones -- 4GP -- 2+0=2 (-6)
Kopacka -- 6GP -- 2+1=3 (+1)
Soy -- 3GP -- 2+4=6 (+2)
Olson -- 6GP -- 0+3=3 (-2)
Steel -- 5GP -- 3+6=9 (0)
Mahura -- 5GP -- 2+5=7 (+2)
Comtois -- 6GP -- 6+2=8 (+8)
Morand -- 6GP -- 3+4=7 (+2)

EDIT:

Welcome to the boards! :handclap:

Yikes

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Morand has a goal early in his game, and Comtois and Jones play soon as well today.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I believe Troy Terry has a game tomorrow as well. They had a preseason game of sorts last week in which he scored and led the team with six shots on net.

I won't be surprised if he is on the Hobey Baker radar this season.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Comtois has scored which gives him seven goals early on, tied for second in the qmjhl while playing two less games than the leader and player he is tied with.

For context he scored 26 in 62 two years ago when he was considered an elite talent and 22 in 64 last year.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Most interested in how Comtois does this year. I went back and read all of the articles on him before the draft as well as during his draft -1 year when he was regarded as a borderline top 5 pick and came away pretty intrigued by his potential. Steel had a similar draft road ironically.

Early on he is had a really nice start to the season and I am excited to see where it leads.

This was my exact thought when I read about him. Bad draft year with huge potential same as Steel.

Good to see he is starting to hot.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He and Steel were equally unimpressive in the preseason games and the tournament. Let's hope they do some real developing while they're owning their leagues.
Yep. We shall see.

Lots of our boys playing tonight. So far only Morand is on the sheet with an assist.

If anyone is interested Troy Terry is on NBC Sports right now against Notre Dame.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

So, what's the abridged version on why he dropped? Injuries? New flaws in his game? Off ice issues? Other?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
So, what's the abridged version on why he dropped? Injuries? New flaws in his game? Off ice issues? Other?

Completely different role on the team that he was asked to play, plus he lost his linemates that he had really generated a lot of chemistry with on a fairly mediocre team.

He started the year terribly production wise and was pretty unlucky on the scoresheet, and in the second half of the year really came back on.

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Kopacka has a primary assist in his game.

Max Jones leads all players in shots on goal, almost as many as the entire opposing team, but his team still trails 2-0.

Feels like he has been on the wrong side of the percentages early on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad