Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I wass bumed about Hampus pick as well. Not ''make a petition'' bumed like AC but still.

Thankfully, I`m not the Ducks head of amateur scouting I guess

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Jones traded to Kingston

Yup, done deal. Went for Popov and a pair of draft picks. The Frontenacs are officially the most all-in team in recorded history, as they've dealt away almost all of their big assets for Day, Vilardi, Pu and Jones. We'll wait and see whether that pays off for them.

If I'm understanding this correctly, Kingston now has only two 2nd rounders in the next 10 drafts, and two 3rd rounders in the next 5 drafts. Plus they lost three talented youngsters in the deals -- Morgan, Dunkley and Popov.

Last edited:

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
If I'm understanding this correctly, Kingston now has only two 2nd rounders in the next 10 drafts, and two 3rd rounders in the next 5 drafts. Plus they lost three talented youngsters in the deals -- Morgan, Dunkley and Popov.

That sounds pretty ugly for Kingston.

I have to admit, I'm starting to become a real Comtois fan.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yup, done deal. Went for Popov and a pair of draft picks. The Frontenacs are officially the most all-in team in recorded history, as they've dealt away almost all of their big assets for Day, Vilardi, Pu and Jones. We'll wait and see whether that pays off for them.

Kingston hasn't seen any playoff success in decades. They better hope this all-in move works out this year because they're setting themselves up for more of the same

Reactions: Exit Dose

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm glad to hear the positive reports about Comtois. I wasn't too impressed with him this summer but always tough to get a read on a player right after they're drafted.

Reactions: Kalv

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I'm glad to hear the positive reports about Comtois. I wasn't too impressed with him this summer but always tough to get a read on a player right after they're drafted.

I was unsure about Comtois after his lackluster year last season but every time I've watched him this year he's been noticeable in a good way. He's so smart around the net and always knows where to be. Plus when Canada was up by a goal in the last 2 minutes against Sweden his line was the first over the boards to defend which was good to see.

Libor Hajek traded to the Pats, That's a big time acquisition for them. Hopefully they get some scoring help at forward.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I was unsure about Comtois after his lackluster year last season but every time I've watched him this year he's been noticeable in a good way. He's so smart around the net and always knows where to be. Plus when Canada was up by a goal in the last 2 minutes against Sweden his line was the first over the boards to defend which was good to see.

Libor Hajek traded to the Pats, That's a big time acquisition for them. Hopefully they get some scoring help at forward.

The Pats acquired BOS prospect Jesse Gabrielle in a previous trade. I still think they should at least add another defenseman and 1-2 good forwards to their group though. They could use more depth IMO.

London has just pulled one of the biggest deadline clearance sales I've ever seen. Pu, Jones, Thomas and now Miletic are all gone for picks/prospects. If I was Alex Formenton, I'd be sitting in a chair somewhere with my phone in my hand, just waiting for the call to come.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
The Pats acquired BOS prospect Jesse Gabrielle in a previous trade. I still think they should at least add another defenseman and 1-2 good forwards to their group though. They could use more depth IMO.

London has just pulled one of the biggest deadline clearance sales I've ever seen. Pu, Jones, Thomas and now Miletic are all gone for picks/prospects. If I was Alex Formenton, I'd be sitting in a chair somewhere with my phone in my hand, just waiting for the call to come.

Gabrielle is a good pickup for them. Didn't realize they made a move for him.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
At least Sam will get some scoring help. Gabrielle will for sure be his wingman. Gabrielle seems to be a similar type of player to Leedahl last year.

Just seen, Mahura is +22 which is insane considering the Pats overall situation. I think we have a solid one here again.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Pats make another move -- They acquire Cameron Hebig (C) and Ryan Kubic (G), in exchange for Tyler Brown (G), Bryan Lockner (F) and a bunch of draft picks.

The Brown/Kubic swap looks shady at first, but they had to somehow clear an OA spot for Hebig, without sacrificing either one of Bradley or Gabrielle. Hebig is a huge addition to the Pats, the guy has 30 goals in 40 games this season. Don't know what to make of their goalie situation now though -- Kubic seems like a decent starter, but his numbers aren't that impressive.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

I've cleared Pu on a deadline before.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
This ist the best article of Stephens I've seen in a while. Great insights, wish there would be more of this.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I noticed Kassila has 29 points in 21 games and he plays LW. Sounds pretty impressive. Any chance he makes it up to the Ducks? Anyone see this guy in SD that can pass along their thoughts?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Reactions: Paul4587
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad