GDT: Ducks in the SENS Den, Feb. 01 7:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I actually have no problem with Thompson drawing back in. He' splayed pretty well for us. But White should be playing. Scratch Burrows. Sends a message that even vets can get benched. Plus, Burrows is just the kind of player that it might spark for future games. He plays best with a chip on his shoulder.

Bottom line Thompson is fine but White should be in over Burrows or Dido.

Yeah, but that just makes too much sense. We can’t have that around here.

Reactions: Alex1234

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Yeah, but that just makes too much sense. We can’t have that around here.

Well, if they are trying to trade Burrows, it doesn't do any good to his value if he's scratched. I think until the TDL, you will see the vets playing regularly. Whether we like it or not.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Do you not think DiDominico is also being used, as it was explained by the GM, when he acquired him for nothing, that he helps the AHL team when he's in Belleville, and can be a useful NHL injury replacement that also allows the management to keep a younger player, who is not ready for the NHL, from being brought up and instead gets more minutes (per game) to develop in the AHL?

So if Didomenico is playing to keep a young guy who's not ready for the NHL from being called up, why is White a healthy scratch and not being sent back to the AHL? Apparently he's not ready to play over our grinders... but he's not being sent back... so he's just going to sit in a pressbox?

I mean heaven forbid someone like Burrows or Pyatt sit for a game... we might score more than a goal then...

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I would think there’s a tease coming. Scratching white is just silly. Send him down or play him.

Edit: I meant to say trade. But tease works too. I think.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Thompson in, Colin White out. This isn’t real lol. A write off season and Boucher just keeps on putting in his grinder plugs instead of prospects with a future here

Appreciate it for the tank but this is bizarre, one would figure generally you would be getting the younger guys into the lineup at this stage as the main priority...showcasing plugs for a trade? Lol come on now, our fringe NHL players have little to no real value...and even if they did I would argue the development to the young player is more important.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Well, if they are trying to trade Burrows, it doesn't do any good to his value if he's scratched. I think until the TDL, you will see the vets playing regularly. Whether we like it or not.

Making White a healthy scratch makes no sense. Send him back down if you’re not going to play him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Appreciate it for the tank but this is bizarre, one would figure generally you would be getting the younger guys into the lineup at this stage as the main priority...showcasing plugs for a trade? Lol come on now, our fringe NHL players have little to no real value...and even if they did I would argue the development to the young player is more important.
Maybe there’s a trade in the next day. I won’t hold it against a team if they say they wanna see a guy play one more time before buying.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Maybe there’s a trade in the next day. I won’t hold it against a team if they say they wanna see a guy play one more time before buying.

Selfishly I would hold it against them, there not going to like what they see!

Honestly though, really not a big deal as this season has been the worst but personally id like to see White in there over pretty much all forwards save for Stone, Hoff, Dzingle and Duchene.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Yeah, I would think we will be seeing more of this up until the deadline.

After that, the young guys will be playing more I would imagine.

Unless we're trading all three of Burrows, Pyatt and Didomenico tonight, one of them could be scratched.

Pyatt doesn't deserve to be scratched imo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Guy speaks. Boucher being Boucher
Colin White won’t sit with Senators for long

Dido plays ahead of White .. Boucher looking for Offence and he thinks Dido could bring more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
White will likely be sent down ... tomorrow or at the latest when Stone comes back barring any more injuries

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
Boucher's gotta be fired after this season right? My worst fear is management writing this year off as a down year and giving Boucher another shot. He has made some of the worst coaching decisions I have ever seen this season.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
dc5902c645086e4f8cece865016be29e--nhl-hockey-jerseys-hand-sewn.jpg

Going for 7.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Boucher's gotta be fired after this season right? My worst fear is management writing this year off as a down year and giving Boucher another shot. He has made some of the worst coaching decisions I have ever seen this season.

Why would you fire a coach who has lost the room when you can just trade away the entire roster?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just heard Boucher's comments and when talking about White and Didomenico, he said, and I quote, "they're both prospects...".

The 28 year old Chris Didomenico is a prospect in Boucher's eyes. That explains why Burrows is on this team. At 36, he's in his prime.
29 this month. ... not to belabor the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad