GDT: Ducks in the SENS Den, Feb. 01 7:00 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If Bobby has a few more hand injuries the sens should eventually be able to force Ryan on the LTIR.

Do you know what LTIR is?

You can't just force a player to be on LTIR. And theres literally nothing to be gained for Ottawa by having Ryan being place on LTIR.

Reactions: Newgates59

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm really truly baffled as to whether or not he means that? Surely he can't be THAT daft?
I think he believes it. It almost sounds like he's talking to Dorion .. saying you see when you give me a NHL roster we can win and he is trying to justify his position on his preferences in the lineup.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I think he believes it. It almost sounds like he's talking to Dorion .. saying you see when you give me a NHL roster we can win and he is trying to justify his position on his preferences in the lineup.
He will never change. I don't believe in giving him 20 or so games to start the season next year. He should be let go at seasons end

Reactions: Chezzz and Gesus

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Do you know what LTIR is?

You can't just force a player to be on LTIR. And theres literally nothing to be gained for Ottawa by having Ryan being place on LTIR.

Long Term Injured Reserved.
His salary is there but if his contract is insured (hopefully it is) the sens aren't paying it. that 7.25M frees up. The sens can make a case on Ryan long term health and say his hand isn't durable enough to play a NHL season, the leagues doctors can test Ryan and look at his medical history if he believes he is healthy enough to play. If the sens can do something similar to what the leafs are doing with Ryan.

Joffrey Lupul accuses Maple Leafs of injury cheating

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Long Term Injured Reserved.
His salary is there but if his contract is insured (hopefully it is) the sens aren't paying it. that 7.25M frees up. The sens can make a case on Ryan long term health and say his hand isn't durable enough to play a NHL season, the leagues doctors can test Ryan and look at his medical history if he believes he is healthy enough to play. If the sens can do something similar to what the leafs are doing with Ryan.

Joffrey Lupul accuses Maple Leafs of injury cheating

For LTIR to come into effect a player must fail a physical and for insurance to come into effect the player has to have missed 30 consecutive games due to an injury. I'm not sure a hand injury is going to cause a player to fail a physical or miss 30 consecutive games.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

The quote baffles me considering we had the "NHL bodies" he mentioned consistently throughout the last few months and we still couldn't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad